Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flat Earth Society 17:20 - Nov 15 with 31811 viewsNogginthenog

Discussion on radio 5 about this yesterday, anyone subscribe to this bunkum?

https://www.tfes.org/
Flat Earth Society on 20:09 - Nov 17 with 2518 viewsNogginthenog

Flat Earth Society on 19:45 - Nov 17 by Cooperman

There is no edge mun, guarded or not, do keep up.

You have to engage a logical viewpoint to contribute to the thread or it all goes pear shaped (not spherical)
Flat Earth Society on 20:23 - Nov 17 with 2503 viewsJack_Meoff

Flat Earth Society on 18:43 - Nov 17 by Humpty

The reason the earth looks curved in those photos is because they only ever use GoPro cameras to take them. If they used normal cameras we'd see it was flat.

Once again. Honestly.

Anyone who wants to listen to it from 2:38 on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09dwrdp#play

GoPros are actually designed to exaggerate curvature exponentially the higher it gets with its special sensors. Built to deceive. It’s in the software. The person in question is correct in this regard.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Flat Earth Society on 20:24 - Nov 17 with 2501 viewsDr_Winston

I love the "Moon landings were faked!" stuff.

Anyone who genuinely believes that the Russians, who had the ability, opportunity and motivation to prove that NASA had faked the whole shebang would stay silent if they were is f*cking cuckoo.

The internet is a wonderful thing, but as a breeding ground for lunacy it's unparallelled.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flat Earth Society on 20:29 - Nov 17 with 2493 viewsHumpty

Flat Earth Society on 20:23 - Nov 17 by Jack_Meoff

GoPros are actually designed to exaggerate curvature exponentially the higher it gets with its special sensors. Built to deceive. It’s in the software. The person in question is correct in this regard.

The person in question was correct in absolutely f*ck all!

They do not only use GoPro cameras to take such shots so that the earth looks curved. The earth IS bloody curved.
Flat Earth Society on 20:33 - Nov 17 with 2487 viewsexiledclaseboy

You’re all sheeple who believ everything “the man” tells you. Fools.

Poll: Tory leader

Flat Earth Society on 20:34 - Nov 17 with 2484 viewsJack_Meoff

Flat Earth Society on 20:29 - Nov 17 by Humpty

The person in question was correct in absolutely f*ck all!

They do not only use GoPro cameras to take such shots so that the earth looks curved. The earth IS bloody curved.

C’mon man it’s a tinfoil thread, I had to have a go

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Flat Earth Society on 20:35 - Nov 17 with 2481 viewsNogginthenog

It is breathtaking to think that people subscribe to this theory, isnt there enough proof for them or do they just do it for devilment?

Years ago they'd have been flung in the slammer for heresy.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 20:41]
Flat Earth Society on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 2470 viewsHumpty

Flat Earth Society on 20:34 - Nov 17 by Jack_Meoff

C’mon man it’s a tinfoil thread, I had to have a go

Heh. You had me worried then. I thought it was catching.
Login to get fewer ads

Flat Earth Society on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 2468 viewsDr_Winston

Apparently the WTC was destroyed by the CIA because one bloke who worked there was getting too close to the truth...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Flat Earth Society on 20:39 - Nov 17 with 2468 viewsBanosswan

Flat Earth Society on 19:05 - Nov 17 by PozuelosSideys

So if i go to one of these edges, the ones guarded by NASA employees, and then decide to throw a ball over the edge, what happens to the ball?

Gomis would be flagged offside.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Flat Earth Society on 20:40 - Nov 17 with 2468 viewslondonlisa2001

Flat Earth Society on 20:24 - Nov 17 by Dr_Winston

I love the "Moon landings were faked!" stuff.

Anyone who genuinely believes that the Russians, who had the ability, opportunity and motivation to prove that NASA had faked the whole shebang would stay silent if they were is f*cking cuckoo.

The internet is a wonderful thing, but as a breeding ground for lunacy it's unparallelled.

Funnily enough I was thinking that earlier today (as a result of this very thread).

Is the internet the first advancement in technology that has actually resulted in the population at large being more stupid and ill informed than they were before?

I mean that quite seriously.
Flat Earth Society on 20:45 - Nov 17 with 2460 viewsexiledclaseboy

Flat Earth Society on 20:40 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Funnily enough I was thinking that earlier today (as a result of this very thread).

Is the internet the first advancement in technology that has actually resulted in the population at large being more stupid and ill informed than they were before?

Second. After the printing press led to the Daily Mail.

Poll: Tory leader

Flat Earth Society on 20:46 - Nov 17 with 2459 viewsNogginthenog

Seeing the word unparalleled has got me thinking that there could be a parallel universe that does contain a flat earth.
Flat Earth Society on 20:49 - Nov 17 with 2445 viewsDr_Winston

It's certainly made it easier for these loons to talk to each other.

Flat Earth Society on 20:50 - Nov 17 with 2444 viewsHumpty

I agree and think it's a serious problem.

We can all laugh at this bollocks, other things are not so amusing.
Flat Earth Society on 20:54 - Nov 17 with 2435 viewsjack2jack

Flat Earth Society on 15:20 - Nov 17 by Humpty

According to the programme the OP mentioned NASA employees guard the edge to stop people falling over it. Honestly.

Thank fook for that, do we know exactly where the edge is,I mean I know there's guards there and everything, but do we know exactly,just be nice to know,cos I've done a fair bit of travelling,and I've never been to the edge and back.
Flat Earth Society on 21:03 - Nov 17 with 2418 viewslondonlisa2001

Flat Earth Society on 20:45 - Nov 17 by exiledclaseboy

Second. After the printing press led to the Daily Mail.

Yeah, but overall the printing press led to the advancement of human knowledge (Daily Mail and similar apart).

The problem with the internet is it affords exactly the same credibility to morons as it does to the informed and educated. The printing press at least has or had people that are supposed to separate the two.

Twitter is a great example. The same credibility is given to someone pushing absolute nonsense as it is to someone that has a genuinely informed opinion. There are many opinions I will personally disagree with, but at least, in a previous life, I knew that the person had somehow earned the right to attempt to persuade me.
Flat Earth Society on 21:40 - Nov 17 with 2392 viewsWarwickHunt

So if i go to one of these edges, the ones guarded by NASA employees, and then decide to throw a ball over the edge, what happens to the ball?

Whoever threw it has to fetch it - them's the rules.
Flat Earth Society on 22:43 - Nov 17 with 2353 viewsBobby_Fischer

The real truth...

[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 22:47]

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Flat Earth Society on 22:53 - Nov 17 with 2345 viewsLeonWasGod

Flat Earth Society on 15:20 - Nov 17 by Humpty

According to the programme the OP mentioned NASA employees guard the edge to stop people falling over it. Honestly.

I've flown around the world. But thinking back now I reckon Thai Airways drugged the drinks. They must have as I fell asleep. This is when the sneaky overlords spun the disk through 180° so we didn't drop off the edge.

I've got a mate who works for ESA too - I best tell him his career is a load of bollacks.
Flat Earth Society on 00:08 - Nov 18 with 2309 viewsLeonWasGod

Flat Earth Society on 14:05 - Nov 17 by JackSwanTV

You've obviously read a lot into this. Have you spent much time reading Einstein's theory of relativity? Large objects (like planets and stars) 'bend' light by their gravity warping space, they had to wait until an eclipse showed a star technically behind the sun which was only visible because of the warped space time.... technically your cleverer than them because your calculations showing how we see devon from swansea also proves this :)

The Devon example would have been so good too. Just a shame it's not all at sea level.
Flat Earth Society on 00:15 - Nov 18 with 2304 viewsLeonWasGod

Flat Earth Society on 14:13 - Nov 17 by jojaca

Question everything? don't be rude and dismiss things so easily.

My senses tell me it's flat and stationary and it does not feel like the earth is rotating at 1,000 mph. I still believe the earth is a globe, but still open to new evidence for either for and against.

I don't believe anything that comes out of NASA, the photo's of earth from space from 1978 on look like paintings, the astronauts from moon landings post press conference look there football team had been relegated not won the champions league. If you had been the first man on the moon, you should be jumping for joy.

I want to see more exploration of Antarctica, why can't us normal folk visit there.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 14:15]

"My senses tell me it's flat and stationary"

"I still believe the earth is a globe"

This must be a wind up. Or drugs. Are you ok?
Flat Earth Society on 00:24 - Nov 18 with 2292 viewsLeonWasGod

Flat Earth Society on 16:11 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Well gravity would be different if it wasn't.

If the Earth was flat, you'd weigh more in the centre of the flat bit than you would at the edges. Those NASA guards must be anchored down or something. Gravity would pull you towards the centre. The fact that you weigh exactly the same wherever you are on the Earth means it's a sphere. I think, anyway. My physics isn't very good.

But as I said before, you can actually see it. That's the bit I don't get with these people.

You could see the curvature of the Earth quite clearly from Concorde (I haven't been on it, but I know many who have). And if you're flying trasatlantic particularly on one of those new planes, you can see it as well. Or you could just lie on the beach, watch the sun set, then climb up to the prom, or up a tree or something, and watch it set again.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2017 16:12]

I went to India once and lost a shed load of weight. How much more proof do you need?!
Flat Earth Society on 00:37 - Nov 18 with 2286 viewsLeonWasGod

The gravitational gradient accelerates the ball as it flies under the dark side of the earth, comes back round and smacks into the back of your bonce. Don't you know anything?

We know a gravity gradient exists as there's a YouTube video to prove it:

Notice how the gradient is so strong it pulls the boomerang back towards the thrower. If gravity was equal across the surface of the earth it would just keep going until it fell off the edge. FACT. As I've seen the PROOF in the video.

Any don't start with any ballacks about airfoils, differential airflow and lift. They've been brainwashing our kids about this rubbish for years. And you've all lapped it up (because the chemtrails ate scrambling your minds).
Flat Earth Society on 00:51 - Nov 18 with 2280 viewsLeonWasGod

Flat Earth Society on 21:03 - Nov 17 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, but overall the printing press led to the advancement of human knowledge (Daily Mail and similar apart).

The problem with the internet is it affords exactly the same credibility to morons as it does to the informed and educated. The printing press at least has or had people that are supposed to separate the two.

Twitter is a great example. The same credibility is given to someone pushing absolute nonsense as it is to someone that has a genuinely informed opinion. There are many opinions I will personally disagree with, but at least, in a previous life, I knew that the person had somehow earned the right to attempt to persuade me.

To be fair the mainstream media do that too (equal credibility despite how representative/accurate). UKIP is one example - the BBC invited Farage on any political debate for years because he's 'box office' despite not having a single MP.

The internet certainly makes it easier for bad ideas to thrive though. But it's not alone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024