Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... 22:45 - Dec 29 with 3906 viewsthereisnospoon

and that any purchase of a player must first be preceded by the sale of a player, I'd love to know: where the hell has he gotten all the money in the past 2 years to pay off the sackings of our previous managers and their staffs and hiring a new manager and staff? We're on our FIFTH manager in 2 years. If we don't have any money to spend on transfers, how the fvck then did we have all that money paying all that severance and compensation to all the managers and backroom staff we've sacked in that period?

It simply doesn't add up. At all. This is just another case of big nose feigning poverty as he did in years past. Back in April 2013 (after we had turned a £16m profit), instead of pursuing any of Laudrup's transfer targets this cvnt went and gave him and his cronies a multimillion dollar dividend payment. If you don't remember, the trust had asked for the profit to be reinvested in the club.

With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 22:51 - Dec 29 with 3864 viewsConcerned_Parent

I remember that. I was angry about it then and angry about it now--there really should have been more of an effort by the supporters to force their hand and get them to reinvest the profits back in the club. Jenkins got away with it then as everyone was stuck in the "In Huw We Trust" bullshit during that time. It's a bit eerie talking about it now as it foreshadowed what was to come and was the first sign of what a greedy, duplicitous bastard Jenkins was and still is.
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:01 - Dec 29 with 3800 viewsdobjack2

With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 22:51 - Dec 29 by Concerned_Parent

I remember that. I was angry about it then and angry about it now--there really should have been more of an effort by the supporters to force their hand and get them to reinvest the profits back in the club. Jenkins got away with it then as everyone was stuck in the "In Huw We Trust" bullshit during that time. It's a bit eerie talking about it now as it foreshadowed what was to come and was the first sign of what a greedy, duplicitous bastard Jenkins was and still is.

Yep - didn’t like it at the time but the majority view was that they deserved it.

With hindsight it seems like they were testing the water to see how far they could go
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:09 - Dec 29 with 3738 viewsGaz_M

Just to clarify and ensure people are aware, the title of the thread is misleading in that HJ (cvnt though he is) didn't actually say that.

As you were..
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 23:10]
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:12 - Dec 29 with 3726 viewsConcerned_Parent

With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:01 - Dec 29 by dobjack2

Yep - didn’t like it at the time but the majority view was that they deserved it.

With hindsight it seems like they were testing the water to see how far they could go

I didn't think they deserved it. Those bastards were already plenty wealthy. The money should have went back into the club.
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:16 - Dec 29 with 3687 viewsConcerned_Parent

With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:09 - Dec 29 by Gaz_M

Just to clarify and ensure people are aware, the title of the thread is misleading in that HJ (cvnt though he is) didn't actually say that.

As you were..
[Post edited 29 Dec 2017 23:10]

He did say that. Not in those words, but he 100% expressed that the Americans will not be putting any money in and that there is no cash to help with player funding.

So there's no spare cash from them to help with player funding?

HJ: “No, there's no money put in at this time to do that. No. But you can't forget that the ongoing situation as well with the Trust and other shareholders, that even if they did put money in, there would be the argument about dilution of shares because that's the way that they can introduce capital.”

They invested money by buying shares, but have they put any money at all beyond that to fund the running of the club?

HJ: “We've increased our overdraft, we've done various things."

Is there any player the Americans have funded to bring in?

HJ: “The financial position we were in in 2016, there were discussions that perhaps we would have had to reduce our borrowings at that time, so we would have been selling more players than we were forced to do.
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:17 - Dec 29 with 3676 views34dfgdf54

What was our net profit so far? £20mill?
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 00:02 - Dec 30 with 3554 viewsscruffyjack

With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:16 - Dec 29 by Concerned_Parent

He did say that. Not in those words, but he 100% expressed that the Americans will not be putting any money in and that there is no cash to help with player funding.

So there's no spare cash from them to help with player funding?

HJ: “No, there's no money put in at this time to do that. No. But you can't forget that the ongoing situation as well with the Trust and other shareholders, that even if they did put money in, there would be the argument about dilution of shares because that's the way that they can introduce capital.”

They invested money by buying shares, but have they put any money at all beyond that to fund the running of the club?

HJ: “We've increased our overdraft, we've done various things."

Is there any player the Americans have funded to bring in?

HJ: “The financial position we were in in 2016, there were discussions that perhaps we would have had to reduce our borrowings at that time, so we would have been selling more players than we were forced to do.

Classic political rhetoric, which he’s been fed. Begs the question, why now? There’s something more behind this, the timing just before the trust’s sale of shares. I wish I hadn’t drunk so much, so I could possibly make sense of it.
With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 00:12 - Dec 30 with 3527 viewstheloneranger

With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 23:17 - Dec 29 by 34dfgdf54

What was our net profit so far? £20mill?

£49,485,000 profit on transfers in the last 5 years..!!

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

With Jenkins coming out and saying there's no money to be spent on players... on 00:30 - Dec 30 with 3485 viewsConcerned_Parent

It was reported earlier this month that the club is only planning to sign a maximum of 3 players in January, so it looks like as usual there's fvck all money to be spent.

My guess is that it'll be 2 lads from Falkirk and a goalkeeper from the Tajikstan 5th tier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024