Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins 18:42 - Jan 3 with 5615 viewsswancity

Over the past year or two:

Devious
Slimy
Cheat
Liar
Selfish
Scum
Sly
Cu nt
Prick
Wan ker

He seems to have gone from hero to zero. But there are others. Who are they ?

Who else exactly was involved in the build up to sale behind the backs of the Trust? Jenkins can't take full responsibility surely. Or can he?

I firmly believe that the Club cannot move on, cannot repair the damage until they've ( who are they ) gone from the Club and taken their massive salaries with them.. And I certainly do not agree on this subject with Res that we should keep our thoughts to ourselves until the season is over. Why? There is no time like the present...

Not sure about anyone else but I'd not heard of Robert Davies for example. He's cashed in his chips to the value of almost £10m yes £10m and has the audacity to talk now about the Club going to oblivion. God they must have been desperate to get their hands on the cash to have instigated this.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 11:08 - Jan 4 with 1979 viewsexhmrc1

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 10:06 - Jan 4 by whoflungdung

Loyal
Thanks for that
Interesting stuff
I've never understood the apathy of Swansea people to their local club .( not a jibe Roger )

I still ,rightly or wrongly, believe it to the club for Swansea people primarily as ,for example ,the Scarlets are the team for Llanelli people .

I still haven't got over losing our Professional Rugby team in the All Whites, a famous name in the game and and also Glamorgan virtually vanishing from the City .
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 10:06]

The trouble is none of this fits with the actual facts.
The All Whites for example have always included people from your much maligned valleys.
Back in the fifties Roy Sutton captained them . He was from Trebanos as did Robert Jones years later. Clem Thomas came from the Amman Valley as did ex lions manager Alun Thomas who later married into the Blyth Family. Clive Rowlands from Upper Cwmtwrch played there and Dai Richards from the Neath Valley served the whites with distinction for many years. Indeed until recently Robert's brother Rhodri was the Whites coach.
The scarlets side that beat the All Blacks included 2 jacks Roger Davies the full back came from Mumbles and their record try scorer Andy Hill hails from Gendros. In addition Shanto Thomas the hooker came from Penclawdd. Later Phil Davies from Seven Sisters served them with distinction.
As far as Glamorgan is concerned Llanelli has always proved an excellent breeding ground. Emrys and Dai Davies were excellent servants going back to the 30s and the likes of Jeff Jones and Willie Jones continued that tradition as well as Crofty and Simon Jones since. During the 50 and 60s Clydach cricket club produced many players such as Alan and Eifion Jones, Ginger Evans, Mike Llewellyn, Arthur Francis and Greg Thomas.
The Swans have always attracted players from outside Swansea including Keith Todd, Wyndham Evans and Dai Davies. Roy Paul and Curt came from the Rhondda.
The Swans have always attracted supporters from outside the city and long may it continue. I know of one fellow from Seven Sisters who has been coming by bus every game since 1950 and also used to come to watch Glamorgan at St Helens.
Times have changed since your days here and the outlying areas and the city are far more interdependent than they were then.
You will find a large number of the people working in the universities offices, hospitals, shops etc in Swansea actually travel in from Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot as well as the various valley communities
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 11:21]
Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 11:26 - Jan 4 with 1960 viewswhoflungdung

Much maligned ?

Dear God, another new year .

I'm quite aware ,as you well know, about sportsmen from the Swansea Valley. We ve had a discussion on whether being a ,for example ,a Trebanos man ,makes one a Jack.

Frankly, it's hair splitting

Back on topic ....why is there so much apathy within the city and county of Swansea towards the Swans . It's not a jibe unless you re an over sensitive soul ,it's a moot point .

Our club suffered badly from apathy in the 80 s and we virtually died whilst many " jacks" we're supporting manure,Liverpool, Spurs etc .

We really should not squabble as we do . It's definitely a sad trait we re afflicted with and always have been

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 11:39 - Jan 4 with 1948 viewsAl_Bundy

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 11:26 - Jan 4 by whoflungdung

Much maligned ?

Dear God, another new year .

I'm quite aware ,as you well know, about sportsmen from the Swansea Valley. We ve had a discussion on whether being a ,for example ,a Trebanos man ,makes one a Jack.

Frankly, it's hair splitting

Back on topic ....why is there so much apathy within the city and county of Swansea towards the Swans . It's not a jibe unless you re an over sensitive soul ,it's a moot point .

Our club suffered badly from apathy in the 80 s and we virtually died whilst many " jacks" we're supporting manure,Liverpool, Spurs etc .

We really should not squabble as we do . It's definitely a sad trait we re afflicted with and always have been

There was a mass exodus of people left Swansea and surrounding areas around 1979 to 1984 due to the unemployment especially from the Port Talbot area with the Steel Works and BP loss of jobs in that era.

Our rise then subsequent fall so our crowds diminish to 3k very quickly but it probably took the Petty era to get people back on-board to drive the club upwards again.

I remember going to away matches where there was just one coach from Swansea and the rest were exiles especially in the South East where the SEALS would make up a large percentage of the away crowd.

Next season will be interesting if we down. I see postings of we'll go down to 12k for home games in the Championship. I would have thought having 7 seasons in the Prem league would have captured a new generation of fans from the L1/L2 era? surely we can't compare our fan base to 2008 unless apathy is still ingrained in Swansea football fan mentality.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 11:41]
Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 12:33 - Jan 4 with 1916 viewsAngelRangelQS

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 11:39 - Jan 4 by Al_Bundy

There was a mass exodus of people left Swansea and surrounding areas around 1979 to 1984 due to the unemployment especially from the Port Talbot area with the Steel Works and BP loss of jobs in that era.

Our rise then subsequent fall so our crowds diminish to 3k very quickly but it probably took the Petty era to get people back on-board to drive the club upwards again.

I remember going to away matches where there was just one coach from Swansea and the rest were exiles especially in the South East where the SEALS would make up a large percentage of the away crowd.

Next season will be interesting if we down. I see postings of we'll go down to 12k for home games in the Championship. I would have thought having 7 seasons in the Prem league would have captured a new generation of fans from the L1/L2 era? surely we can't compare our fan base to 2008 unless apathy is still ingrained in Swansea football fan mentality.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2018 11:41]

I would have thought having 7 seasons in the Prem league would have captured a new generation of fans from the L1/L2 era? surely we can't compare our fan base to 2008 unless apathy is still ingrained in Swansea football fan mentality.

Well I guess the question there is whether the potentially new generation of fans have had sufficient access to tickets to convert them into actual fans, rather than potential ones.

Also, have the fans who watched us regularly in the lower leagues but who were unable to commit to ST and subsequently unable to get tickets in the first few years in the PL drifted away from the club?
Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 13:03 - Jan 4 with 1900 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Hero
Zero
Liar

3 words that sum it up for me

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 13:11 - Jan 4 with 1891 viewswaynekerr55

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 12:33 - Jan 4 by AngelRangelQS

I would have thought having 7 seasons in the Prem league would have captured a new generation of fans from the L1/L2 era? surely we can't compare our fan base to 2008 unless apathy is still ingrained in Swansea football fan mentality.

Well I guess the question there is whether the potentially new generation of fans have had sufficient access to tickets to convert them into actual fans, rather than potential ones.

Also, have the fans who watched us regularly in the lower leagues but who were unable to commit to ST and subsequently unable to get tickets in the first few years in the PL drifted away from the club?

"Well I guess the question there is whether the potentially new generation of fans have had sufficient access to tickets to convert them into actual fans, rather than potential ones. "

There's lots of fans in the Netherlands, apparently...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 13:39 - Jan 4 with 1875 viewswaynekerr55

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 13:11 - Jan 4 by waynekerr55

"Well I guess the question there is whether the potentially new generation of fans have had sufficient access to tickets to convert them into actual fans, rather than potential ones. "

There's lots of fans in the Netherlands, apparently...

Look out - Huw and co's cocksucking sycophant is back...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 14:12 - Jan 4 with 1847 viewswhoflungdung

Some decent posts in this thread

I'm glad the usual cretins have seen not to post the usual Swansea cannot be critised shite

It's nothing to do with being a " small town" which Swansea is not . It's about mind set and we should ask why so many support other teams or none at all.

Swansea City is the biggest business in Swansea and should be THE major talking point in the city

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Login to get fewer ads

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 15:22 - Jan 4 with 1817 viewsexhmrc1

Various words have been used to describe Huw Jenkins on 14:12 - Jan 4 by whoflungdung

Some decent posts in this thread

I'm glad the usual cretins have seen not to post the usual Swansea cannot be critised shite

It's nothing to do with being a " small town" which Swansea is not . It's about mind set and we should ask why so many support other teams or none at all.

Swansea City is the biggest business in Swansea and should be THE major talking point in the city

i agree with this post but the Swans is the main topic whenever I speak to people.

As far as being a small town it depends on what you compare it with. In my eyes it is a small town as I consider the big towns or cities to be the likes of London, Birmingham, Leeds, Bristol and Manchester all double or more the size of Swansea. I would put Liverpool there as well.

Plymouth and Southampton re around the size of Swansea and I wouldn't class them as large either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024