Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smart meters - any good. 11:04 - Mar 3 with 3068 viewsswanforthemoney

Electric company wants my old Mum to have a smart meter fitted. She told them to go away, but they are nagging her.
What do they do for you?
I dont really get it.

I stand in the North Stand

Smart meters - any good. on 11:28 - Mar 3 with 3037 viewsswan65split

i told them no, they wanted to know why.
sometimes theres issues if you change supplier
they dont save you money at all, if you know an electric fire and kettle uses loads, theyre pointless having.
they said we dont pay for them......we do.
they didnt like my comment to check who the onwners are or on the board of these meter makers.

its modern, techy stuff, they mess up, my lappy does, thats why i am not going near any driver less vehicles
my son had one installed, first day or so he had used about 5 k worth of power........that would surely not help your mum

as Fred Dibnah used to say ..PROGRESS!
Smart meters - any good. on 11:41 - Mar 3 with 3021 viewsJimmyGilligan

If they're nagging an elderly lady to get them then it's obviously something that will be to their advantage.

Tell them to Fk off.
Smart meters - any good. on 11:52 - Mar 3 with 3001 viewsjack2jack

We had a call from SWALEC last night asking if they could install one in our property.
I told them to go away, for now, they said they would call back in a month.
Don't know anything about them, so would be interested to know the benefits or downsides, have any PS folk got them fitted?
Smart meters - any good. on 11:53 - Mar 3 with 3001 viewsSwanzay

If your mum doesn't want one tell them to do one. Each supplier has their own variant, which aren't compatible if she decides to switch suppliers, which is complete madness.
Smart meters - any good. on 11:59 - Mar 3 with 2987 viewssP7qupUf

i refused to have one fitted as I have changed supplier for the last 5 years as I have got a better deal. Smart meters complicate this. some companies (First Utility) were offering a really good rate so long as you let them put one in. Wonder why that is?
Smart meters - any good. on 12:04 - Mar 3 with 2976 viewsJimmyGilligan

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/smart-meters
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024