Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 million on agents fees 20:31 - Apr 3 with 6186 viewsLoyal

And most of that is employing them to find players, excellent darts Huw, pick up the phone tell them what you want and pay them.
And for this he gets ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

7 million on agents fees on 15:01 - Apr 4 with 2433 viewsLoyal

7 million on agents fees on 13:57 - Apr 4 by TheResurrection

Hardly that. The agents fees in question are predominately made up from the agents of the players we bought or loaned and in the Summer we made multiple transactions with each one costing a fair bit.

The way it works is agents are always pestering Jenkins, always turning up or trying to make contact and why? Well it's not rocket science is it, they're trying to manufacture the next move for their clients.

Nobody has confirmed or denied whether the story in the last window about that super agent was true or not. If it was, that would have been a step away from our traditional approach. The fact no player was brought in attached to Mendez then I'd be sceptical it was true at all.

The Swans fan is Elsey, correct?

The description I gave of how it happens I can assure you is 100% exact. Who gets what and when neither of us knows. S for being pestered by agents, every club does but it isnt a part of this discussion. I don't know Elsey 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

7 million on agents fees on 15:35 - Apr 4 with 2417 viewsSTID2017

7 million on agents fees on 15:01 - Apr 4 by Loyal

The description I gave of how it happens I can assure you is 100% exact. Who gets what and when neither of us knows. S for being pestered by agents, every club does but it isnt a part of this discussion. I don't know Elsey 😂

The Elsey family have been connected with scouting and recruiting players for years.
A few of them regulariy sit in the South Stand upper near the East
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Elsey
Edit :
Often drives around in car with private plates E1 SEY
[Post edited 4 Apr 2018 15:39]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

7 million on agents fees on 16:18 - Apr 4 with 2395 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 15:01 - Apr 4 by Loyal

Well no mate, it's not that accurate.

You kinda assumed the vast majority of that 7m was for the service of recruiting players. It's not, it's to go to players agents. So Clucas' agent gets a cut of the 15m, Andre Ayew, if the records go into the last window as well will get a cut of the 18m,
Mesa etc etc and so on...

We don't pay a few million quid to agents specifically to recruit our players.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

7 million on agents fees on 17:03 - Apr 4 with 2372 viewsTom1912

I'm not convinced the £7m quoted would include anything but agent fees from transfer and salary negotiations. We spent £55m. Agent fees at 10% would get you to £5.5m plus there are fees payable from new contract signings and things like that.

Paying agents to scout for us is definitely something we do-Ronny Rosenthal is a "consultant" we used to use a few years ago, but I'm not sure that kind of expense would be counted towards the Football Association's report which is where the figure has come from.
7 million on agents fees on 18:05 - Apr 4 with 2347 viewsTheResurrection

Precisely but posts like the OP go up just as another stick to bash Jenkins or the Board and it's just not fair. It's bullshit in fact, and especially the fact our fans just want to look for any little thing to have a go at the Club they're supposed to support.

FFS like....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

7 million on agents fees on 19:27 - Apr 4 with 2318 viewsdobjack2

7 million on agents fees on 18:05 - Apr 4 by TheResurrection

Precisely but posts like the OP go up just as another stick to bash Jenkins or the Board and it's just not fair. It's bullshit in fact, and especially the fact our fans just want to look for any little thing to have a go at the Club they're supposed to support.

FFS like....

The owners and their paid employees are the current caretakers of the club.

They are not the club.
7 million on agents fees on 22:15 - Apr 4 with 2297 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 19:27 - Apr 4 by dobjack2

The owners and their paid employees are the current caretakers of the club.

They are not the club.

Then when have we ever been a club by your strange definition??

7 million on agents fees on 23:24 - Apr 4 with 2269 viewsdobjack2

7 million on agents fees on 22:15 - Apr 4 by TheResurrection

Then when have we ever been a club by your strange definition??

My definition isn’t strange, however your point of view .....

You appear to be trying to make an argument that if you detest the owners of the club then that is tantamount to hating the club. Now that is strange why would anyone think that?

The Swans were a club before I was born and will hopefully be one after I pass on. The club endures, the people who are in charge of it and even those who support it are just passing through. The owners are merely the current custodians of the club and I am simply following in the footsteps of those who stood on the north bank before my time.

Don’t confuse Detesting the current owners and their employees with hating the club itself. It isn’t the same. If you ask Toon season ticket holders how they feel about Mike Ashley and then ask them how they feel about Newcastle United you might realise that detesting the owners and loving the club is not a local or isolated issue. There are plenty of other examples both past and present.
Login to get fewer ads

7 million on agents fees on 11:31 - Apr 5 with 2220 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 23:24 - Apr 4 by dobjack2

You appear to be trying to make an argument that if you detest the owners of the club then that is tantamount to hating the club. Now that is strange why would anyone think that?

The Swans were a club before I was born and will hopefully be one after I pass on. The club endures, the people who are in charge of it and even those who support it are just passing through. The owners are merely the current custodians of the club and I am simply following in the footsteps of those who stood on the north bank before my time.

Don’t confuse Detesting the current owners and their employees with hating the club itself. It isn’t the same. If you ask Toon season ticket holders how they feel about Mike Ashley and then ask them how they feel about Newcastle United you might realise that detesting the owners and loving the club is not a local or isolated issue. There are plenty of other examples both past and present.

That's just a load of old waffle I'm not so afraid to tell you

You can throw in more romantic, nostalgic claptrap if you like but "the Club' has always been just what it is now, owned and managed largely by someone else.

Except, even better right now, as you very well know, we the fans still own more than a fifth of 'the Club' - our Club!!

If you want to make pathetic differentiations that's up to you, but there'll only ever be one Swansea City FC, only ever be one team we can support and that's completely regardless of who's in control of it. Slagging off the Club at every given chance is a disgusting way to support

Rarely is anything as either black or white as some like to make it out.

A lot of you want to grow the fack up.

7 million on agents fees on 12:13 - Apr 5 with 2203 viewsSTID2017

7 million on agents fees on 11:31 - Apr 5 by TheResurrection

You can throw in more romantic, nostalgic claptrap if you like but "the Club' has always been just what it is now, owned and managed largely by someone else.

Except, even better right now, as you very well know, we the fans still own more than a fifth of 'the Club' - our Club!!

If you want to make pathetic differentiations that's up to you, but there'll only ever be one Swansea City FC, only ever be one team we can support and that's completely regardless of who's in control of it. Slagging off the Club at every given chance is a disgusting way to support

The irony in your last sentence was so incredible. it's beyond words.

7 million on agents fees on 13:14 - Apr 5 with 2185 viewsLoyal

7 million on agents fees on 18:05 - Apr 4 by TheResurrection

FFS like....

Im not bashing the board though Chris, just stating the facts on how we do business, rightly or wrongly its what we do. Its the same as many clubs, i dont see a huge problem with it as liong as results are visible. Sadly at times they are not however Llorente was. No bashing.

7 million on agents fees on 13:16 - Apr 5 with 2181 viewsLoyal

7 million on agents fees on 23:24 - Apr 4 by dobjack2

Thing is you can say it as many times as you like in as many languages as you like, it doesn't sink in.

7 million on agents fees on 13:34 - Apr 5 with 2171 viewsdobjack2

7 million on agents fees on 11:31 - Apr 5 by TheResurrection

we agree that there is only one Swansea City FC regardless of who owns it which makes most of your post irrelevant.

I have no time for the current majority owners and their hired help. As to us owning a fifth of the club you do understand that we can be outvoted on everything thanks to the way the shares were sold.

Where we differ is that you seem unable or unwilling to differentiate between the club and the people running it.
7 million on agents fees on 21:55 - Apr 5 with 2110 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 13:34 - Apr 5 by dobjack2

we agree that there is only one Swansea City FC regardless of who owns it which makes most of your post irrelevant.

I have no time for the current majority owners and their hired help. As to us owning a fifth of the club you do understand that we can be outvoted on everything thanks to the way the shares were sold.

Where we differ is that you seem unable or unwilling to differentiate between the club and the people running it.

It's always been the same and the Trust has never had a say, controlling, influential or otherwise.

We still own a fifth though.

The Club is the Club is the Club.

It needs protecting in all its formats and it needs its fans at all times.

That's the least we can do.

7 million on agents fees on 22:27 - Apr 5 with 2094 viewsdobjack2

7 million on agents fees on 21:55 - Apr 5 by TheResurrection

It's always been the same and the Trust has never had a say, controlling, influential or otherwise.

We still own a fifth though.

The Club is the Club is the Club.

It needs protecting in all its formats and it needs its fans at all times.

That's the least we can do.

Before the share sale there was always the possibility that other shareholders could agree with the Trust position. After the sharesale the majority owners can pretty much do whatever they fecking want. That is why I have no time for the selling shareholders.

The majority shareholders have no real interest in the club or area and are here to make money which should be going into the club. That is why I have no time for them.

We agree on the rest but it doesn’t mean that I necessarily support the way the majority shareholders are acting. They are passing through and in many ways perhaps the quicker the better. Then we will see the true legacy of the selling shareholders.

However where I think that we agree is that it is way past the time for some of the Trust board to either pizz or get off the pot.
7 million on agents fees on 22:38 - Apr 5 with 2088 viewsSTID2017

7 million on agents fees on 22:27 - Apr 5 by dobjack2

Before the share sale there was always the possibility that other shareholders could agree with the Trust position. After the sharesale the majority owners can pretty much do whatever they fecking want. That is why I have no time for the selling shareholders.

The majority shareholders have no real interest in the club or area and are here to make money which should be going into the club. That is why I have no time for them.

We agree on the rest but it doesn’t mean that I necessarily support the way the majority shareholders are acting. They are passing through and in many ways perhaps the quicker the better. Then we will see the true legacy of the selling shareholders.

However where I think that we agree is that it is way past the time for some of the Trust board to either pizz or get off the pot.

Most supporters want HJ and theYanks gone - FACT
Most supporters want the Trust to step up and do what it's elected to do -FACT
Every supporter wants the team to succeed - FACT
For most supporters ythe Club is the team, not whoever currently occupies the Boardroom - FACT
What's to discuss ?

7 million on agents fees on 00:02 - Apr 6 with 2070 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 22:27 - Apr 5 by dobjack2

"Before the share sale there was always the possibility that other shareholders could agree with the Trust position"

Don't be so ridiculous. That's never been how it's worked.

"After the sharesale the majority owners can pretty much do whatever they fecking want. That is why I have no time for the selling shareholders. "

They now own the Club, of course they can do what they want - Just the same as Jenkins and Morgan did before. THERE IS NO CHANGE.

"The majority shareholders have no real interest in the club or area and are here to make money which should be going into the club. That is why I have no time for them."

"So you'd rather the old shareholders who had all of the above, and well, still made their money?? Oh wait, no, what you want is some sort of Build-a-Bear owner to come down on a shining Swan from Townhill and make you feel all nice and cuddly warm inside. Come on mate, this is the real world. The present owners are here to make money out of our success, we'd hope, and success this season is staying up, which hopefully we are on some sort of track to do. I can live with that if they run the Club sensibly whilst they're here. If they're due to sell let's hope they keep us in mind and the Trust receives its due rewards. We don't know yet, so no point the constant sniping.

7 million on agents fees on 08:34 - Apr 6 with 2017 viewsdobjack2

7 million on agents fees on 00:02 - Apr 6 by TheResurrection

"Before the share sale there was always the possibility that other shareholders could agree with the Trust position"

Don't be so ridiculous. That's never been how it's worked.

"After the sharesale the majority owners can pretty much do whatever they fecking want. That is why I have no time for the selling shareholders. "

They now own the Club, of course they can do what they want - Just the same as Jenkins and Morgan did before. THERE IS NO CHANGE.

"The majority shareholders have no real interest in the club or area and are here to make money which should be going into the club. That is why I have no time for them."

"So you'd rather the old shareholders who had all of the above, and well, still made their money?? Oh wait, no, what you want is some sort of Build-a-Bear owner to come down on a shining Swan from Townhill and make you feel all nice and cuddly warm inside. Come on mate, this is the real world. The present owners are here to make money out of our success, we'd hope, and success this season is staying up, which hopefully we are on some sort of track to do. I can live with that if they run the Club sensibly whilst they're here. If they're due to sell let's hope they keep us in mind and the Trust receives its due rewards. We don't know yet, so no point the constant sniping.

I think it fair to say that we disagree but as we have gone way off thread I think it best that we leave it for another day on a more appropriate thread.
7 million on agents fees on 11:11 - Apr 6 with 1983 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 08:34 - Apr 6 by dobjack2

I think it fair to say that we disagree but as we have gone way off thread I think it best that we leave it for another day on a more appropriate thread.

I know I've got through to you and it's still on topic.

The fact fans take constant swipes at The Club, even when they make things up to do so.

7 million on agents fees on 11:41 - Apr 6 with 1967 viewsDippy

7 million on agents fees on 20:35 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

For £7m we could have a top notch, Europe wide scouting network.

My scouting is pretty good.. I have an impeccable record.. you'd be astounded by my list of players from 2009 onwards who have gone on to be quite extraordinary, especially the teams they played for when I have watched them..

Danish Leagues
Norwegian Leagues
Swedish Leagues
French 2nd tier
Belgian Leagues
Even in Africa
Portugal
Spain Segunda
Serie B
Bundesliga.2

Only a handful out of about 50 to 60 have not progressed.

I'm like a guru

Poll: Cooper Out

7 million on agents fees on 11:47 - Apr 6 with 1965 viewsdobjack2

7 million on agents fees on 11:11 - Apr 6 by TheResurrection

I know I've got through to you and it's still on topic.

The fact fans take constant swipes at The Club, even when they make things up to do so.

The topic is spending money on agents fees and my belief is that the club has the same issues as other clubs.

Whether we could have done better with the money leads into our recruitment policy which along with the ownership of the club are different topics.
7 million on agents fees on 18:36 - Apr 7 with 1884 viewsBobby_Fischer

I've got nothing of homosexuals (assuming what I've been told) but you are a moron

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

7 million on agents fees on 18:39 - Apr 7 with 1880 viewsDippy

7 million on agents fees on 18:36 - Apr 7 by Bobby_Fischer

I've got nothing of homosexuals (assuming what I've been told) but you are a moron

Huh?

Poll: Cooper Out

7 million on agents fees on 18:44 - Apr 7 with 1877 viewsBobby_Fischer

Sorry thar was aimed at Jamie. or Loyal

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024