Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. 02:58 - Apr 14 with 3026 viewsDJack

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-accrington/from-the-wilderness-

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 06:15 - Apr 14 with 2991 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Who are they ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 07:53 - Apr 14 with 2954 viewsCaptain_Sham

Eggsachtly

Its just a ride.

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 08:10 - Apr 14 with 2934 viewsWarwickHunt

Could Will Armageddon do a job for us?
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 08:34 - Apr 14 with 2899 viewsFieryJack

I'd like to see them in the Prem one day.

Won't happen, though.

They're even smaller than their neighbours, Bury & Rochdale.

Wish them every success - for having probably the most evocative name in English football, for coming from the area (east Lancashire) where the game was effectively invented, and, uniquely, in the League, for naming themselves after a pub.
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 10:57 - Apr 14 with 2756 viewstheloneranger

It wasn't so long ago we were borrowing players from Accrington Stanley!!

In November 2006 Ian Craney came here on loan before we paid £150K for him in January 2007. We then sold him back there in 2008.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 11:03 - Apr 14 with 2746 viewsMrSwerve

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 08:34 - Apr 14 by FieryJack

Won't happen, though.

Wish them every success - for having probably the most evocative name in English football, for coming from the area (east Lancashire) where the game was effectively invented, and, uniquely, in the League, for naming themselves after a pub.

You never know. If anyone had told me in 2002-2003 that we'd soon be an established PL club with a league cup win I'd have got the straight jacket out.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 11:20 - Apr 14 with 2721 viewsFireboy2

Lived in east lancs for over 15 years and bought my first house in accy

Got a sh!tload of mates there and still go regularly over to the crown pub which is right next to the ground

Great working class town and good down to earth people

So glad for them as has been written they have had a rough past

Ps the stanley pub whom they are named after is still there
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 11:23 - Apr 14 with 2715 viewsDJack

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 11:03 - Apr 14 by MrSwerve

You never know. If anyone had told me in 2002-2003 that we'd soon be an established PL club with a league cup win I'd have got the straight jacket out.

Yep, you me and a whole load of others.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 11:57 - Apr 14 with 2684 viewssainthelens

For me it's an unbelievable story. Massive respect to them. Not a pot to pss in, and should they go up will be the fairytale of the season.
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 13:41 - Apr 14 with 2625 viewsGixerJack

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 10:57 - Apr 14 by theloneranger

It wasn't so long ago we were borrowing players from Accrington Stanley!!

In November 2006 Ian Craney came here on loan before we paid £150K for him in January 2007. We then sold him back there in 2008.

Did we make a profit?
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 14:26 - Apr 14 with 2590 viewsAmbergambler

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 08:34 - Apr 14 by FieryJack

Won't happen, though.

More importantly, why did you choose Ian Beale for your avatar?
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 14:37 - Apr 14 with 2576 viewsFieryJack

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 14:26 - Apr 14 by Ambergambler

More importantly, why did you choose Ian Beale for your avatar?

That's not Ian Beale, though I can see why you thought it might be.

It's the late, great Mark E Smith, and he would most certainly be spinning in his grave if he could see your comment!
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 14:47 - Apr 14 with 2564 viewsAmbergambler

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 14:37 - Apr 14 by FieryJack

That's not Ian Beale, though I can see why you thought it might be.

It's the late, great Mark E Smith, and he would most certainly be spinning in his grave if he could see your comment!

I knew that, Fiery! Great fan of The Clash, me
Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 15:44 - Apr 14 with 2538 viewsFieryJack

Will Armageddon stop Accrington Stanley. on 14:47 - Apr 14 by Ambergambler

I knew that, Fiery! Great fan of The Clash, me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024