Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Sweden 18:21 - Jul 4 with 14108 viewsraynor94

Should be a great atmosphere in the Castle gardens with the game on the big screen

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

England v Sweden on 23:58 - Jul 6 with 1156 viewspeenemunde

England v Sweden on 23:53 - Jul 6 by Chief

So do you think other Welsh clubs would have such a percentage of fans voting for England if they polls like ours on their forums?

Why not run a poll on their forums.
I work with people from Cardiff, Newport and none of them are anti England.
Your narrative is a fake one.
I’m Welsh and will be supporting England tomorrow, and as I said locals from Llanelli were cheering for England v Columbia.
England v Sweden on 00:01 - Jul 7 with 1140 viewstrampie

England v Sweden on 23:46 - Jul 6 by owainglyndwr

I'm nearly about done with the Swans to be honest.
Years supporting them and people like you.
I'm a celt and way back my family stood for the celts against the English
So why would I or a true welsh man want England to win .
There is a enough Blueturd loving on here already now phukin England.
Cymru Am Byth
Yma o Hyd

I know butt I feel your pain, i've supported the Swans for decades and decades through thick and thin, but seeing union jacks creeping in, Cardiff supporters being welcomed on our message-boards and our arch rivals on the national stage England being supported is shocking.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

England v Sweden on 00:03 - Jul 7 with 1136 viewsowainglyndwr

England v Sweden on 23:50 - Jul 6 by Chief

Yes I'd say what you and a few others on this thread have said would suggest that it isn't particularly nationalist yes. But to the point of wanting another nation win (let alone one who are our rivals).

What explains this, this is not the status quo throughout Wales, so why Swansea?

Radnor
Sorry but you are wrong
Swansea in the 1800s to 1900s was very a Welsh speaking
Even the early years of Swansea Town the fans were singing in Welsh.
Rumour is that when the Port Talbot steel work started.
So many English came that the Welsh people of Swansea and West did not get on with them.
The English supported Cardiff City.
That carried on for years to the present day
England v Sweden on 00:03 - Jul 7 with 1135 viewsChief

England v Sweden on 23:58 - Jul 6 by peenemunde

I’m Welsh and will be supporting England tomorrow, and as I said locals from Llanelli were cheering for England v Columbia.

Well we aren't going to agree on this. I wish I could go to Wind Street myself to witness with own eyes this Jack outpouring of Anglo Saxon support tomorrow.

No doubt if there's just a few drunks in castle gardens you'll be on here saying that the flags of St George were flying all over the city and the kingsway was awash with people singing football's coming home tomorrow though.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

England v Sweden on 00:07 - Jul 7 with 1129 viewstrampie

There are locals and there are locals, do these locals call Llanelli, Llanelly by any chance ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

England v Sweden on 00:14 - Jul 7 with 1112 viewstrampie

England v Sweden on 23:45 - Jul 6 by raynor94

I honestly can't give you definitive answer, other to say that being in school in the sixties I can remember everybody wanting England to win the World Cup, Swansea has never been a Welsh speaking Town, perhaps we are not as nationalistic as other parts of the Country

I don't think that is true Swansea was a Welsh town, lots of Welsh speakers and lots of chapels, I had an old aunty that thought Swansea should be the capital of Wales and not Cardiff because they were more Welsh in Swansea, im not sure that is the case anymore sad to say judging by this forum.

England v Sweden on 00:15 - Jul 7 with 1102 viewsChief

England v Sweden on 22:57 - Jul 6 by peenemunde

There will be Welsh people supporting England all over Wales tomorrow.
And many in the places you mentioned.

In fact I was in the havester in Trostre, Llanelli when England played Columbia and there were loud cheers when England won.

And oh aye,

There is no Harvester in Trostre.

Woops

England v Sweden on 00:16 - Jul 7 with 1101 viewsraynor94

England v Sweden on 00:03 - Jul 7 by owainglyndwr

Radnor
Sorry but you are wrong
Swansea in the 1800s to 1900s was very a Welsh speaking
Even the early years of Swansea Town the fans were singing in Welsh.
Rumour is that when the Port Talbot steel work started.
So many English came that the Welsh people of Swansea and West did not get on with them.
The English supported Cardiff City.
That carried on for years to the present day

Thank you for a informative answer, I was talking about my experiences from the early sixties

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

England v Sweden on 00:22 - Jul 7 with 1088 viewstrampie

England v Sweden on 00:15 - Jul 7 by Chief

And oh aye,

Woops

On checking you are right, pee has made an error of judgement, I thought he was making it up as well …………………..hmm

England v Sweden on 00:28 - Jul 7 with 1070 viewspeenemunde

England v Sweden on 00:15 - Jul 7 by Chief

And oh aye,

Woops

Sessile oak ???????
England v Sweden on 00:31 - Jul 7 with 1057 viewspeenemunde

England v Sweden on 00:22 - Jul 7 by trampie

On checking you are right, pee has made an error of judgement, I thought he was making it up as well …………………..hmm

Sessile oak .......🤣
England v Sweden on 00:31 - Jul 7 with 1049 viewsDJack

England v Sweden on 00:28 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

Sessile oak ???????

Google obviously failed you as to it's ownership...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

England v Sweden on 00:34 - Jul 7 with 1040 viewspeenemunde

England v Sweden on 00:31 - Jul 7 by DJack

Google obviously failed you as to it's ownership...

I’ve been there several times more or less opposite Parc y Scarlets
England v Sweden on 00:37 - Jul 7 with 1037 viewsDJack

England v Sweden on 00:34 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

I’ve been there several times more or less opposite Parc y Scarlets

Hahahaha! If you've been there then you would definitely know that it is NOT a Harvester.

Google told you where it was and either it or you cocked up the restaurant group.

Caught out.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

England v Sweden on 00:38 - Jul 7 with 1029 viewsepaul

Makes me sick this Ingerlund love in, will be watching in a pub in central London with other jacks, come on Sweden f*ck Ingerland

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

England v Sweden on 00:42 - Jul 7 with 1019 viewsChief

England v Sweden on 00:28 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

Sessile oak ???????

Yea that's a Marston's and also a hotel.

An out of town hotel / carvery restaurant favoured by contractors - hmm not somewhere I'd tend to rely on a straw poll of 'locals' cheering on England!

England v Sweden on 00:42 - Jul 7 with 1018 viewstrampie

England v Sweden on 00:16 - Jul 7 by raynor94

Thank you for a informative answer, I was talking about my experiences from the early sixties

Lots of outsiders came to work in the steelworks in PT, the Welsh language was dying at that time you speak off, but that is not the norm over the course of Welsh history, Swansea had been a very strong area for the language, your experiences coincides with the worst period for the language and culture in thousands of years of Welsh history, that is now slowly being reversed, the demand for Welsh medium schools in places like PT and Swansea has grown and with it I would guess a greater sense of pride in being Welsh will be felt down the line, even though people have come from England their children go to Welsh schools and some cases they go to Welsh medium schools and in lots of cases they feel Welsh as they get older.
Perhaps the tide of identifying oneself as Welsh has received a small boost in recent times, I hope Wales survives as an entity its a great little country, I hope it never becomes a shire of England.

England v Sweden on 00:49 - Jul 7 with 995 viewspeenemunde

England v Sweden on 00:42 - Jul 7 by Chief

Yea that's a Marston's and also a hotel.

An out of town hotel / carvery restaurant favoured by contractors - hmm not somewhere I'd tend to rely on a straw poll of 'locals' cheering on England!

The hotel is next door.
Marston or Havester all the same and I’ve never seen contractors in there. Scarlet fans yes, locals shopping at Trostre yes but definitely not contractors.
Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
England v Sweden on 00:49 - Jul 7 with 995 viewssnork44

England v Sweden on 00:42 - Jul 7 by trampie

Lots of outsiders came to work in the steelworks in PT, the Welsh language was dying at that time you speak off, but that is not the norm over the course of Welsh history, Swansea had been a very strong area for the language, your experiences coincides with the worst period for the language and culture in thousands of years of Welsh history, that is now slowly being reversed, the demand for Welsh medium schools in places like PT and Swansea has grown and with it I would guess a greater sense of pride in being Welsh will be felt down the line, even though people have come from England their children go to Welsh schools and some cases they go to Welsh medium schools and in lots of cases they feel Welsh as they get older.
Perhaps the tide of identifying oneself as Welsh has received a small boost in recent times, I hope Wales survives as an entity its a great little country, I hope it never becomes a shire of England.

As a Welshman living in the United States, the last thing I want to see is England winning it, because we won't hear the last of it ! We get 1966 thrown in our faces now , just imagine what it would be like now and the season coming up if the bastards won it.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

England v Sweden on 00:55 - Jul 7 with 981 viewsChief

England v Sweden on 00:49 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

The hotel is next door.
Marston or Havester all the same and I’ve never seen contractors in there. Scarlet fans yes, locals shopping at Trostre yes but definitely not contractors.
Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Yes we believe you bechgyn.

England v Sweden on 00:56 - Jul 7 with 981 viewslonglostjack

Probably the same group who support Spurs and were always in the Grand after we played them. Tossers.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 0:56]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

England v Sweden on 01:05 - Jul 7 with 968 viewsChief

England v Sweden on 00:56 - Jul 7 by longlostjack

Probably the same group who support Spurs and were always in the Grand after we played them. Tossers.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2018 0:56]

That bunch actually go and watch Wales home and away religiously amazingly

England v Sweden on 04:59 - Jul 7 with 930 viewspeenemunde

England v Sweden on 01:05 - Jul 7 by Chief

That bunch actually go and watch Wales home and away religiously amazingly

I accept your apology
England v Sweden on 10:31 - Jul 7 with 858 viewsChief

England v Sweden on 04:59 - Jul 7 by peenemunde

I accept your apology

England v Sweden on 13:58 - Jul 7 with 810 viewstaffpunk

England v Sweden on 22:37 - Jul 6 by Chief

So why are there are apparently so many apparent England sympathizers in Swansea then? You wouldn't see many supporting in England in the pubs of Cardiff, Port Talbot, Llanelli, Bridgend, Carmarthen, anywhere up North, maybe South Pembrokeshire you'd have a few.

And I mainly mean natives, students, tourists or people actually born in England I fully understand.

Cardiff-you must be joking. The Pubs on St Mary's Street will be full of people wanting England to win, Welsh and English. As for the Rhondda, the only people in my local wanting England to win will be the one or two English people in there, plus those who will have bet on them. 90% will be hoping for an unlikely Swedish victory.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024