Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insurance - How does it work 11:46 - Aug 5 with 2117 viewsUplandsJack

Question for those in the know, Lisa etc.

With Wilf, Leroy & Clucas supposedly all out injured mid to long term, do they actually cost us as a club any money or do we claim 100% of their wages from insurance policies if such a thing exists?
I ask because if the case surely we could still afford to buy Woods or whoever we want within our limits. Purchase prices don't get paid in full, but over an agreed time and so surely we could make it work.
Thanks in advance.
Insurance - How does it work on 11:54 - Aug 5 with 2097 viewslondonlisa2001

I’m not certain what policies we have or the details other than knowing we insure players.
Insurance - How does it work on 12:01 - Aug 5 with 2071 viewsPozuelosSideys

If its anything like a normal employee's medical insurance, the insurance company will cover the players full wage amount for a set period of time - maybe 3 months or 6 months depending on the premium, then it drops off on a sliding scale depending how long they are unable to work after that length of time.

At some point there will be a cut-off where the player is no longer covered - whereby i assume the contract between player and club would be terminated

Oh, i should add that the premium will likely be based on an assessment of the whole squad, rather than indvidual players unless additional premiums have been taken out on specifically risky players
[Post edited 5 Aug 2018 12:06]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Insurance - How does it work on 12:09 - Aug 5 with 2031 viewsUplandsJack

Insurance - How does it work on 12:01 - Aug 5 by PozuelosSideys

If its anything like a normal employee's medical insurance, the insurance company will cover the players full wage amount for a set period of time - maybe 3 months or 6 months depending on the premium, then it drops off on a sliding scale depending how long they are unable to work after that length of time.

At some point there will be a cut-off where the player is no longer covered - whereby i assume the contract between player and club would be terminated

Oh, i should add that the premium will likely be based on an assessment of the whole squad, rather than indvidual players unless additional premiums have been taken out on specifically risky players

Thanks for info. 👍🏻
Insurance - How does it work on 12:37 - Aug 5 with 1961 viewsLeonWasGod

Insurance - How does it work on 12:01 - Aug 5 by PozuelosSideys

If it’s anything like normal insurance, they’ll be ‘fully covered’ but the small print will exclude muscular-skeletal injuries, or those to the limbs, torso or head. Insurance is one of the biggest legal scams going.
Insurance - How does it work on 12:45 - Aug 5 with 1941 viewsPozuelosSideys

Insurance - How does it work on 12:37 - Aug 5 by LeonWasGod

If it’s anything like normal insurance, they’ll be ‘fully covered’ but the small print will exclude muscular-skeletal injuries, or those to the limbs, torso or head. Insurance is one of the biggest legal scams going.

Yep, although each contract between the insurer and the purchaser is different. For items like this, they are probably negotiated on a line by line basis.

I asked this question about footballer insurance a year or so ago to one of our senior underwriters and i cant for the life of me remember what he said. I know it was more complicated than what i wrote above though due to the values involved

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024