Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brett Johns 19:42 - Aug 5 with 1237 views34dfgdf54

Just watched his fight from last night.

Tough, tough boy.
Brett Johns on 18:17 - Aug 6 with 1062 viewsperplex

Personally I would not use the word tough as he was put down twice from body shots and once from a glancing front head kick, I`d use the word Gutsy, to hang in there after taking a sustained beating mean`s that despite him not being good enough to break into the top ten and now having lost his last two fights the UFC will extend his contract because of his bravery and entertainment value for the fans.
Brett Johns on 19:18 - Aug 6 with 1019 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Brett Johns on 18:17 - Aug 6 by perplex

Personally I would not use the word tough as he was put down twice from body shots and once from a glancing front head kick, I`d use the word Gutsy, to hang in there after taking a sustained beating mean`s that despite him not being good enough to break into the top ten and now having lost his last two fights the UFC will extend his contract because of his bravery and entertainment value for the fans.

If he was American he would be cut. Instead he is the brightest fighter from a country of 3,000,000+ so he'll be kept to build interest in the sport here.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Brett Johns on 20:01 - Aug 6 with 987 viewsperplex

Brett Johns on 19:18 - Aug 6 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

If he was American he would be cut. Instead he is the brightest fighter from a country of 3,000,000+ so he'll be kept to build interest in the sport here.

Most of the time it`s three defeats and the contact is not renewed, however if the fighter is a crowd pleaser and fan friendly then there is a possibility he will be kept on no matter what country he is from.
Brett Johns on 11:12 - Aug 7 with 861 viewsDarran

I’ll tell you one thing he doesn’t half talk some shit on Twitter.
I’ve never seen someone so proud of losing. Someone tell him he lost FFS.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brett Johns on 11:35 - Aug 7 with 839 views34dfgdf54

Brett Johns on 11:12 - Aug 7 by Darran

Yeah I must be honest Darran, he isn't half milking it now.
Brett Johns on 11:40 - Aug 7 with 829 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He is coming across as being happy to be there for a couple of fights and that's it. It's very sad.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Brett Johns on 11:55 - Aug 7 with 821 viewsWingstandwood

I've utmost of respect for the multi-skilled and multi-disciplined talents of these fighters along with their dedication. But? I do wonder whether this sport has only taken off because 'televised-boxing' became far less a spectator sport and more a money making racket ?

Televised boxing has rather seemed to consist of way too many an hand-picked opponent in mis-match fights bordering on a fix. My ex-brother in-law (I would never pay myself) turned his back on pay by view boxing when another of Naseem Hamed opponents turned up to be knocked out in a fight-farce where Hamed's o.t.t. 'ring-entrance' took longer than the fight itself! SKY built it up however, you could swear it was going to be Hagler V's Hearns, Rumble in the Jungle, Thrilla in Manilla type stuff.

It all started to go wrong when lesser organisations like the W.B.O allowed mediocre champions to be conveyor belt cr@p to keep Barry Hearn's bank manager (and others) happy.

Argus!

Brett Johns on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 802 viewsjack247

Brett Johns on 11:40 - Aug 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He is coming across as being happy to be there for a couple of fights and that's it. It's very sad.

He may be on Twitter, I don’t know what he’s been saying. He certainly doesn’t come across like that in the cage.

The last two fights he has been up against superior opponents and he’s taken a bit of a battering in both of them. The heart he showed to keep getting up and going forward, as well as escaping 3 or 4 guilotine attempts was the exact opposite you’d expect from someone who was happy just to be there.
Login to get fewer ads

Brett Johns on 12:26 - Aug 7 with 802 viewsAquinas

Brett Johns on 11:55 - Aug 7 by Wingstandwood

I've utmost of respect for the multi-skilled and multi-disciplined talents of these fighters along with their dedication. But? I do wonder whether this sport has only taken off because 'televised-boxing' became far less a spectator sport and more a money making racket ?

Televised boxing has rather seemed to consist of way too many an hand-picked opponent in mis-match fights bordering on a fix. My ex-brother in-law (I would never pay myself) turned his back on pay by view boxing when another of Naseem Hamed opponents turned up to be knocked out in a fight-farce where Hamed's o.t.t. 'ring-entrance' took longer than the fight itself! SKY built it up however, you could swear it was going to be Hagler V's Hearns, Rumble in the Jungle, Thrilla in Manilla type stuff.

It all started to go wrong when lesser organisations like the W.B.O allowed mediocre champions to be conveyor belt cr@p to keep Barry Hearn's bank manager (and others) happy.

You are right.

Look at any UFC card and the odds are far closer than boxing odds. This is due to the UFC controlling all fights, the greed of boxing promoters is removed.

You'll never see a 1/100 shot in UFC. There is usually at least one on every Eddie Hearn boxing promotion.

In other news, McGregor won't win a round in his next fight.
Brett Johns on 12:35 - Aug 7 with 791 viewsjack247

Brett Johns on 12:26 - Aug 7 by Aquinas

You are right.

Look at any UFC card and the odds are far closer than boxing odds. This is due to the UFC controlling all fights, the greed of boxing promoters is removed.

You'll never see a 1/100 shot in UFC. There is usually at least one on every Eddie Hearn boxing promotion.

McGregor needs an Aldo style knockout early on or he’s getting pummelled.
Brett Johns on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 789 viewsWingstandwood

Brett Johns on 12:26 - Aug 7 by Aquinas

You are right.

Aye, many of a certain generation reminisce of the bygone days of Harry Carpenter, Reg Gutteridge and Jim Watt. Times when boxing champions were far more recognised by the general public and when certain fights were the talk and interest of what seemed an entire nation.

There was anticipation, excitement, and pre-fight buzz weeks before many fights had even happened.

Argus!

Brett Johns on 18:37 - Aug 7 with 693 viewsperplex

Totally agree, but Bret did show plenty of bottle, Swansea`s other UFC fighter John Philips recently lost his first fight for the UFC in the first round, he was taken down and did not have a clue what to do and was tapping out in no time, yet John and all the nut huggers and armchair fans were commenting that he will come back stronger then ever when in reality the UFC may give him an easy option next fight but after that they will put him in with a decent guy and he will be exposed again.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2018 18:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024