Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Strongest XI 18:18 - Sep 19 with 6542 viewsjasper_T

We've used 25 players in the league in only 8 games this season, which is a remarkable number (in the Premier League we usually went through 21/22 every half season). Usually when that happens you'd assume the manager is a bit clueless and doesn't know who his good players are, but maybe the excessive injury issues we've had tell a different story.

We've had a good look at lots of them now, so if everyone was fit who actually makes it into our best 11 (or matchday 18)? How badly would we destroy the league if the team got a run of games?
Our Strongest XI on 17:48 - Sep 20 with 987 viewsjasper_T

Our Strongest XI on 17:38 - Sep 20 by awayjack

Jesus wept how naive are you? Obviously very close to the club so perhaps more of a vested interest if you’ve convinced yourself we strengthened our squad and didn’t sell most fit players of value. Who are the players we turned down serious offers for?

McBurnie.
Our Strongest XI on 17:59 - Sep 20 with 984 viewskrunchykarrot

Our Strongest XI on 22:27 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

He's best as a 10. Got a poacher's instinct in the box, links well with strikers. But he's played deeper for the u23s at times, either by necessity or as an experiment/for experience (Maric at 10 was a disaster).

He's not really got the engine to play box to box but he does work hard and put himself about (few good tackles last night).

As ive said on another post he looks a player. We need to use him and James which im sure would be in Potters thinking as Asoro and Mackay are being given a fair crack at the moment.
Our Strongest XI on 18:08 - Sep 20 with 969 viewsperplex

Our Strongest XI on 20:54 - Sep 19 by Fireboy2

There are a quite a few people who are burrying their heads in the sand about this subject

They jump over people who mention it but believe me its going to happen

They dont give a flying fvck on where we are position wise,its lucky we are doing quite well and thats soley down to HP and his team,the yanks only want to make money for the 28 leeches

What gets me is what is it going to take to for people to realise what the yanks are in it for

Be careful you will be put on ignore by many on here as they can not grasp reality and common sense.
Our Strongest XI on 18:14 - Sep 20 with 967 views_

Our Strongest XI on 17:38 - Sep 20 by awayjack

Jesus wept how naive are you? Obviously very close to the club so perhaps more of a vested interest if you’ve convinced yourself we strengthened our squad and didn’t sell most fit players of value. Who are the players we turned down serious offers for?

You're intent on spreading as much misery as you can muster.

Pack it in like FFS.

Most are coming around to realising what the Americans have done was much needed to survive. In fact ALL the evidence points to that and NONE to what you're making up.

We've had a good start, we're enjoying watching what we invested in heavily over the last ten years come to fruition and we've got a manager that seems to be able to get a tune out of these youngsters and is aligned to our old methods of how the Club should be run.

Just give it a chance. That's not much to ask is it?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our Strongest XI on 18:19 - Sep 20 with 950 views_

Our Strongest XI on 18:08 - Sep 20 by perplex

Be careful you will be put on ignore by many on here as they can not grasp reality and common sense.

Someone's barking mad ideas is not reality or common sense.

If any supporter can't be encouraged by what we're doing and how the youngsters are coming through and looking like real prospects then this football lark isn't really for them.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our Strongest XI on 18:25 - Sep 20 with 935 viewsmagicdaps10

The following is what I believe would be the strongest team when all fit and present.

Mulder

Roberts
Vdh
Carter-Vickers
Olsson

Fer
Grimes

Narsingh
Celina
Montero

Bony

Subs
Nordfellt
Naughton
Rodon
Carroll
Fulton
Mckay
Mcburnie

Still interested to see this Govea at Left back, bit of noise that he could be a bit special.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Our Strongest XI on 18:30 - Sep 20 with 930 viewsmagicdaps10

Our Strongest XI on 18:19 - Sep 20 by _

Someone's barking mad ideas is not reality or common sense.

If any supporter can't be encouraged by what we're doing and how the youngsters are coming through and looking like real prospects then this football lark isn't really for them.

Well Chris, I am starting to come around to what Potter is doing with the youngsters.

But

If you think this is part of the yanks plan then think again, if any if these youngsters blossom, which seems to be the case, Potter wont be able to work with them for the period he would hope.

Sold they will be.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:20 - Sep 20 with 907 views_

Our Strongest XI on 18:30 - Sep 20 by magicdaps10

Well Chris, I am starting to come around to what Potter is doing with the youngsters.

But

If you think this is part of the yanks plan then think again, if any if these youngsters blossom, which seems to be the case, Potter wont be able to work with them for the period he would hope.

Sold they will be.

Login to get fewer ads

Our Strongest XI on 19:20 - Sep 20 with 907 views_

But

Sold they will be.

But that's a ridiculous notion.

As that would go against everything the Americans are trying to do and that's, in your eyes, make money, and my eyes, add value to their investment. Truth is, they're one and the same thing.

And the ONLY way they'll do that is by developing a team capable of promotion. They won't do it by selling for a quick mill here and there. There's not a football club or owner that can succeed in that fashion.

Just stop and weigh it all up....

Our Strongest XI on 19:23 - Sep 20 with 904 viewslondonlisa2001

Our Strongest XI on 17:48 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

McBurnie.

Really?

That’s interesting.

What did we turn down and from whom?

Oh, and tell us how you know. Surely the club aren’t sharing confidential information?
Our Strongest XI on 19:23 - Sep 20 with 904 viewsMoscowJack

Our strongest XI, at the moment, would depend on who we're playing and whether it's home or away. At home we need to be a bit more offensive, but we could set up a bit more defensive when away.

Anyway.........assuming Narsingh can't/won't play again and Bony not being fit for ages, I think this is a balanced line up. Fer's not an out-and-out defensive mid so Fulton can cover him a bit.

Dan James is used to playing on the left and cutting inside, so I'd be tempted to put him there but as Montero has the ability to destroy defences, he gets the nod.

.....................Mulder

Connor VDH CCV Olsson

James Fer Fulton Montero

.......................Celina

........................Ollie

What I do like about that line up is you've got 5 players who can attack well - James, Fer, Montero, Celina and Ollie. You've also got 5 others who can hold their position and defend well too, so there's a decent balance.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Our Strongest XI on 19:25 - Sep 20 with 902 viewskrunchykarrot

But

Sold they will be.

Im glad you agree with giving youth a chance to be honest im not sure if Potter realised when he signed but im getting miffed with all the Mystic Megs talking club down.

The Yanks/HJ and Potter havent done anything i would disagree with other than Fab who i would have tried everything to convince him to stay, perhaps they did? The others got us relegated and are all not good enough to keep a team out of relegation trouble and were costing us a fortune.

If they sell in January window then we will all know the crack, but being realistic other than Celina and Roberts who might generate interest from bottom half table clubs at the moment? There will be nothing we can do about it anyway. Ross Barkley being a good example of what im trying to explain. Or put another way M Vorm would rather sit on his backside in London on stupid money playing 12 prem games in 4 years.

Play the youngsters and experienced pro's with full backing and support from our fans, build a spine and with Potter at the helm and experience we could return for a visit again.
Our Strongest XI on 19:28 - Sep 20 with 901 viewslondonlisa2001

Our Strongest XI on 19:23 - Sep 20 by MoscowJack

Our strongest XI, at the moment, would depend on who we're playing and whether it's home or away. At home we need to be a bit more offensive, but we could set up a bit more defensive when away.

Anyway.........assuming Narsingh can't/won't play again and Bony not being fit for ages, I think this is a balanced line up. Fer's not an out-and-out defensive mid so Fulton can cover him a bit.

Dan James is used to playing on the left and cutting inside, so I'd be tempted to put him there but as Montero has the ability to destroy defences, he gets the nod.

.....................Mulder

Connor VDH CCV Olsson

James Fer Fulton Montero

.......................Celina

........................Ollie

What I do like about that line up is you've got 5 players who can attack well - James, Fer, Montero, Celina and Ollie. You've also got 5 others who can hold their position and defend well too, so there's a decent balance.

Much as I like him for the future, haven’t seen anything from James that gets him in a ‘strongest 11’.

A few are going with CCV rather than Rodon. Based on performance against Stoke, that’s a reasonable shout. He looked strong and he and VDH may well end up as our first pair I think. Good player, albeit Rodon has done well so far.
Our Strongest XI on 19:34 - Sep 20 with 887 views_

Our Strongest XI on 19:23 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Really?

That’s interesting.

What did we turn down and from whom?

Oh, and tell us how you know. Surely the club aren’t sharing confidential information?

Is this all we can expect from you now?

One cheap comment against the Club after another??

Our Strongest XI on 19:37 - Sep 20 with 884 viewsMoscowJack

Our Strongest XI on 19:20 - Sep 20 by _

But that's a ridiculous notion.

As that would go against everything the Americans are trying to do and that's, in your eyes, make money, and my eyes, add value to their investment. Truth is, they're one and the same thing.

And the ONLY way they'll do that is by developing a team capable of promotion. They won't do it by selling for a quick mill here and there. There's not a football club or owner that can succeed in that fashion.

Just stop and weigh it all up....

Chris,

I said the same before the window closed as I believed, 100%, that the Yanks were going to do whatever the could to get back up.

I understand there needed to be a huge clearout, but I also thought that they would keep a bit more of a balanced squad. If that meant loaning the club money in order to do it, then that would have been fine with me. I'm not saying keep everyone, but at least not allowing the cupboard to be left as bare as it was/is. There's no way they Yanks knew that the kids would step up as well as they have, or that Potter would be able to mould them into a capable team.

I believe the Yanks have a number to hit this season to break even and will sell anyone and everyone until they have hit that number. They are desperately hoping to go back up, but their behaviour is far from that of people who are going to do everything they can to assure it. The priority for them is simply not having to put a penny more into the club....that's it in a nutshell.

The only guesses that I have at the moment is that the Yanks would either prefer to drag their ownership on for as long as they can to try and pacify those who invested in their "soccer fund" or they'd sell up for half of what they paid and put it down to bad luck, or something like that. As the latter option means they would lose face with their clients and probably isn't on the table anyway, I think they will just drag this along for as long as they can, without it costing them a single penny more.

Our Strongest XI on 19:38 - Sep 20 with 873 viewslondonlisa2001

Our Strongest XI on 19:34 - Sep 20 by _

Is this all we can expect from you now?

One cheap comment against the Club after another??

Not a cheap comment against the club at all.

I’m asking how Jasper knows and why confidential information is being shared.
Our Strongest XI on 19:50 - Sep 20 with 856 views_

Our Strongest XI on 19:38 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Not a cheap comment against the club at all.

I’m asking how Jasper knows and why confidential information is being shared.

It was abundantly clear there was a lot of interest in McBurnie. There's nothing more than that.

Really though Lisa, the way you're using this message board with your cheap shots isn't becoming of your position.

Our Strongest XI on 19:56 - Sep 20 with 842 views_

Our Strongest XI on 19:37 - Sep 20 by MoscowJack

Chris,

I said the same before the window closed as I believed, 100%, that the Yanks were going to do whatever the could to get back up.

I understand there needed to be a huge clearout, but I also thought that they would keep a bit more of a balanced squad. If that meant loaning the club money in order to do it, then that would have been fine with me. I'm not saying keep everyone, but at least not allowing the cupboard to be left as bare as it was/is. There's no way they Yanks knew that the kids would step up as well as they have, or that Potter would be able to mould them into a capable team.

I believe the Yanks have a number to hit this season to break even and will sell anyone and everyone until they have hit that number. They are desperately hoping to go back up, but their behaviour is far from that of people who are going to do everything they can to assure it. The priority for them is simply not having to put a penny more into the club....that's it in a nutshell.

The only guesses that I have at the moment is that the Yanks would either prefer to drag their ownership on for as long as they can to try and pacify those who invested in their "soccer fund" or they'd sell up for half of what they paid and put it down to bad luck, or something like that. As the latter option means they would lose face with their clients and probably isn't on the table anyway, I think they will just drag this along for as long as they can, without it costing them a single penny more.

"You believe" yeah?

You don't know? Is that fair to say?

Also you dont know what conversations were had between Chairman, owners and Potter in the run up to the window closing, is that fair as well?

Because if the above is as I've said then I can ignore your concerns and carry on in the belief that we're getting our house in order and bringing through the youngsters and thereby reaping the rewards of a costly academy, youth system and excellent coaching.

I also think it's completely bonkers to suggest that Potter wouldn't have known the capabilities of the younger lot when all through the Summer he couldn't stress enough the importance of assessing what we have first, before blowing nonsense on unknowns.

Our Strongest XI on 20:01 - Sep 20 with 834 viewslondonlisa2001

Our Strongest XI on 19:50 - Sep 20 by _

It was abundantly clear there was a lot of interest in McBurnie. There's nothing more than that.

Really though Lisa, the way you're using this message board with your cheap shots isn't becoming of your position.

Nope.

Jasper specifically said we’d turned down a serious offer for McBurnie.

Nothing about interest.

I’m asking how much, who from, and how exactly he knows.

All sorts of people are us8ng this message board in all sorts of ways - you’re only calling me out. No one else.
Our Strongest XI on 20:06 - Sep 20 with 826 views_

Our Strongest XI on 20:01 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Nope.

Jasper specifically said we’d turned down a serious offer for McBurnie.

Nothing about interest.

I’m asking how much, who from, and how exactly he knows.

All sorts of people are us8ng this message board in all sorts of ways - you’re only calling me out. No one else.

For one, you're the only Trust Finance Affiliate

And for two, you're not the only one.

To me it seems you've allowed things to get too personal between you and the owners and I can't fathom out why it is.

And onto the comment from Jasper, I could very well have answered with the same name and I also wouldn't have been in receipt of any information passed by the club.

Our Strongest XI on 20:09 - Sep 20 with 818 viewsjasper_T

I'm not sure how confidential it must have been since Levien and Kaplan openly stated that they turned down an offer for McBurnie in the interview they did the other day. We're not talking state secrets, here.
Our Strongest XI on 20:14 - Sep 20 with 798 viewslondonlisa2001

Our Strongest XI on 20:09 - Sep 20 by jasper_T

I'm not sure how confidential it must have been since Levien and Kaplan openly stated that they turned down an offer for McBurnie in the interview they did the other day. We're not talking state secrets, here.

Yeah, rightio “Jasper”.
Our Strongest XI on 20:16 - Sep 20 with 790 viewslondonlisa2001

Our Strongest XI on 20:06 - Sep 20 by _

For one, you're the only Trust Finance Affiliate

And for two, you're not the only one.

To me it seems you've allowed things to get too personal between you and the owners and I can't fathom out why it is.

And onto the comment from Jasper, I could very well have answered with the same name and I also wouldn't have been in receipt of any information passed by the club.

Well at least I’m declaring my position.

What about those who are not?

And there’s nothing personal. Seemingly it’s impossible to make any comment without being accused of being personal. Unless it’s made by those that really do have something personal in it all.

Like Jasper as an example.
Our Strongest XI on 20:20 - Sep 20 with 778 viewsMoscowJack

Our Strongest XI on 19:56 - Sep 20 by _

"You believe" yeah?

You don't know? Is that fair to say?

Also you dont know what conversations were had between Chairman, owners and Potter in the run up to the window closing, is that fair as well?

Because if the above is as I've said then I can ignore your concerns and carry on in the belief that we're getting our house in order and bringing through the youngsters and thereby reaping the rewards of a costly academy, youth system and excellent coaching.

I also think it's completely bonkers to suggest that Potter wouldn't have known the capabilities of the younger lot when all through the Summer he couldn't stress enough the importance of assessing what we have first, before blowing nonsense on unknowns.

My opinion's no different to yours.....it's just a guess, based on what we see.

You're stating that you think they won't sell more players as they need to maximise the value of their investment yet you don't agree that they could or should invest a bit to increase the chances of them getting back to where the very very big bucks are. That doesn't make sense.

Our Strongest XI on 20:28 - Sep 20 with 759 views_

Our Strongest XI on 20:14 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, rightio “Jasper”.

You're making yourself look a right tit here Lisa. It's embarrassing.

From the interview.....

""One of those key players was Oli McBurnie who had not had regular minutes with Swansea in the Premier League. We felt there was a big opportunity for him to take the next step and we rejected offers from other clubs for him because we wanted to hold on to someone like Oli. That was a key decision"""

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024