Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 07:56 - Oct 12 with 17515 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Come on you Swans.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:33 - Oct 14 with 1511 viewsChief

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:22 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

I can’t explain it any clearer Chief.

We don’t have surplus cash. Our income goes on wages. We sell to buy. We sold him, bought players to try and regenerate, didn’t work so sold them and it worked - without the Siggy sale there is no Potter.

Potter was an expensive signature at a time when we were desperate to fill a financial hole. It would have been easier to stick with the cheap Carvalhal. Without the money tied up and about to be released in the likes of Clucas there would be no chance on earth we would be buying Celina for £3m and financing a whole new managerial team. None.

Yes without Siggy sale there'd be no Potter because we would probably not have been relegated last season, in which case we probably wouldn't have appointed Potter.

So you agree then that the Siggy money went on player signing that didn't work. Nothing to do with Potter. Using your 'bigger picture / everything happens' for a reason logic you could trace most player sales in the clubs recent history and equate it to where we are today - which is in the 2nd division with Potter in charge. Surely that's a result of transfer business as a whole - no idea why you singling out the Siggy signing alone.

So yes as you state in your last paragraph we signed Celina and probably Potter off the back of player sales and getting players off the wage bill this summer. Nothing to do with selling Siggy a year ago.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:52 - Oct 14 with 1482 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:28 - Oct 14 by jack247

You’re inevitably going to die. You’re not inevitably going to die this year.

If you think relegation was inevitable last season, this discussion is over.

Death is a very unlikely scenario when young, this is due to us knowing life expectancy on average is what, 78 years?

What is life expectancy for a newly promoted side with no rich benefactors? 1 year? 2? If that.

We were the equivelant of about 110 years old in your analogy, death was coming at any moment. Surely the wife of a man who does at 110 can always say “we all die but he didn’t have to die that year” - by that notion her husband would be going strong at 300.

If you think it was inevitable, which you do, then all of the scenarios that made you come to that obvious conclusion were present last year. In fact they were present the previous 2 also. It was going to happen any time now and it did, long long long past the normal life expectancy of a club like ours. An amazing innings.

To say otherwise is utterly ludicrous.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 11:08]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:54 - Oct 14 with 1480 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:30 - Oct 14 by peenemunde

Who said he is a footballing genius ?
In terms of ability, he is/was the absolute limit of quality player that a club like Swansea could attract.

Passing magician I believe was the term.

We absolutely disagree then. As an all round player he is fine, just fine.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 11:03 - Oct 14 with 1468 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:33 - Oct 14 by Chief

Yes without Siggy sale there'd be no Potter because we would probably not have been relegated last season, in which case we probably wouldn't have appointed Potter.

So you agree then that the Siggy money went on player signing that didn't work. Nothing to do with Potter. Using your 'bigger picture / everything happens' for a reason logic you could trace most player sales in the clubs recent history and equate it to where we are today - which is in the 2nd division with Potter in charge. Surely that's a result of transfer business as a whole - no idea why you singling out the Siggy signing alone.

So yes as you state in your last paragraph we signed Celina and probably Potter off the back of player sales and getting players off the wage bill this summer. Nothing to do with selling Siggy a year ago.

Don’t be ridiculous. We should have been relegated 2 seasons prior in a row, as I already touched upon it was only due to some managerial master strokes that we managed to scrape survival. We were relegation fodder and it was a matter of time, it’s rehashing history to suggest otherwise.

He had to be sold to get back to what we did and were successful doing, there was no other way. It isn’t an overnight fix however. His sale led to us being able to buy new players and bring in the likes if Potter. Again to suggest otherwise is just plain wrong.

The sale of Siggy led to money being tied up in players we were able to then release to regenerate the team and bring in the likes of Potter, how you read that and come to the conclusion it has nothing to do with the Gylfi sale God only knows.

If I am skint and can’t afford my run down house. Sell my house for 500k to buy a collectable car, realise it was a mistake so sold it for 400k and bought a new house abroad and a car - that house and a car I now have came to me as a result of my decision to sell my first house, if it wasn’t for my decision to sell that first house I would not have the life I have now. I would be struggling to make ends meet and unhappy in that run down dwelling.

Surely that makes sense now? I’m out of ideas as to how to make that clearer.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 11:07]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 11:34 - Oct 14 with 1436 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 10:52 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Death is a very unlikely scenario when young, this is due to us knowing life expectancy on average is what, 78 years?

What is life expectancy for a newly promoted side with no rich benefactors? 1 year? 2? If that.

We were the equivelant of about 110 years old in your analogy, death was coming at any moment. Surely the wife of a man who does at 110 can always say “we all die but he didn’t have to die that year” - by that notion her husband would be going strong at 300.

If you think it was inevitable, which you do, then all of the scenarios that made you come to that obvious conclusion were present last year. In fact they were present the previous 2 also. It was going to happen any time now and it did, long long long past the normal life expectancy of a club like ours. An amazing innings.

To say otherwise is utterly ludicrous.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 11:08]

Yes of course, but you’re using a coin toss to illustrate inevitability, I’m just patiently explaining that there is a difference between inevitability and near immediate inevitably.

I’m not sure if you just enjoy the challenge of these conversations.

Relegation wasn’t inevitable last season and almost certainly wouldn’t have happened if we’d spent the Siggy/Llorente/Cork money wisely, as we used to do with much smaller budgets when we were exceeding our PL life expectancy against the odds.

It doesn’t matter what analogy you use, if we had spent that money well, we’d still be a PL team.

Anyway, the main focus of my post was that the Siggurdson threads are a bit embarrassing, I didn’t envisage or want a debate about inevitability. Carry on with more analogies if it works for you
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 11:34 - Oct 14 with 1436 viewsmagicdaps10

A reasonable original post has turned into something disgusting on here.....again.

I could talk about Siggy with us and the rights and wrongs but the fact is that he is a top class premier league player.

As for the knocks on Ryan Fraser, he is an excellent player. It sickens me reading some things posted about him, the reason he is not regarded as highly as he should, because he plays for unfancied and unfashionable Bournemouth.......as fans of Swansea, we should be able to relate to this.

Will add, when we signed Siggy, he was signed and successfully done so to play in the "SWANSEA WAY"

Absolutely disgusted and dumbfounded some of the rubbish that some of you believe.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 12:23 - Oct 14 with 1419 views34dfgdf54

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 09:26 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

What on earth are you talking about?

Selling Gylfi was a success. It was his transfer money that HAS (this is a fact) led to us being able to appoint Potter, his backroom staff and thye players you are now wetting yourself over.

You are right, I am embarrassed, painfully embarrassed for you that you cannot grasp this concept.

If I sold my prize Merc, spent the money on a Range Rover, sold that at a loss and bought an undervalued gem which turned out to be a collectors item - the money to buy that came from the initial sale of the Merc (swap the Merc for Gylfi and hopefully that will then sink in).
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 9:34]

You have not a clue what you are talking about.

Worrying.

I’ll stick to Darran’s advice with this one, not worth replying too.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 12:27]
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 12:29 - Oct 14 with 1415 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 11:34 - Oct 14 by jack247

Yes of course, but you’re using a coin toss to illustrate inevitability, I’m just patiently explaining that there is a difference between inevitability and near immediate inevitably.

I’m not sure if you just enjoy the challenge of these conversations.

Relegation wasn’t inevitable last season and almost certainly wouldn’t have happened if we’d spent the Siggy/Llorente/Cork money wisely, as we used to do with much smaller budgets when we were exceeding our PL life expectancy against the odds.

It doesn’t matter what analogy you use, if we had spent that money well, we’d still be a PL team.

Anyway, the main focus of my post was that the Siggurdson threads are a bit embarrassing, I didn’t envisage or want a debate about inevitability. Carry on with more analogies if it works for you

Indeed, a coin toss is a very likely scenario of landing on heads it’s 1 in 2. Similar to the odds of a club like us getting relegated. You then used a scenario where the chances were 1 in 78. So us getting relegated and a coin landing on tails is very comparable in terms of the odds at least.

There is absolutely no challenge in these conversations I assure you. I am just very patiently explaining them, they aren’t really a debate as more of an explanation of facts and historical events. We WERE going to get relegated and we did. And for al those reasons we both agree it is eventually inevitable - so to say it wasn’t afterwards makes no sense.

If relegation wasn’t inevitable last season - then when is it ever inevitable? Couldn’t you just say “if we signed better players we would have survived”... which means relegation is never inevitable... even though we both agree it was.

Whether it was last season, next season, 2 seasons ago or 3... it was inevitable and it was coming. As it has with every single other club our size and will continue to happen to clubs of our size for eternity... or until the structure of football changes.

It is not about “spending the money well” otherwise why can’t we always say that and we would never ever go down. Relegation is a mix of all factors as I have explained to you several times before. It was not possible to “spend that money well”. Our options were limited.

If I give you 100 cards, 10 of them will give you what you need, 90 will not... eventually and inevitably you will pick one that won’t, especially if the pool of cards that will help you gets smaller.

Yes you indeed said correctly that they were embarrassing but very intentionally then also stated that we went down as a result which couldn’t be further from the truth. If you want an endless debate about me explaining the nature of inevitability then feel free and continue to go to great lengths to prove you don’t understand he concept you claim to accept. As you know, I am always happy to explain these things.

Login to get fewer ads

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 12:32 - Oct 14 with 1413 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 12:23 - Oct 14 by 34dfgdf54

You have not a clue what you are talking about.

Worrying.

I’ll stick to Darran’s advice with this one, not worth replying too.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 12:27]

Of course I do hence why I just explained it very patiently and in painstaking detail...

And of course the reason why you do what Darran does in this situation and runs away like a wounded stoat.

Until next time you decide to be brave and end up looking a plum then.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 12:53 - Oct 14 with 1394 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 12:29 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Indeed, a coin toss is a very likely scenario of landing on heads it’s 1 in 2. Similar to the odds of a club like us getting relegated. You then used a scenario where the chances were 1 in 78. So us getting relegated and a coin landing on tails is very comparable in terms of the odds at least.

There is absolutely no challenge in these conversations I assure you. I am just very patiently explaining them, they aren’t really a debate as more of an explanation of facts and historical events. We WERE going to get relegated and we did. And for al those reasons we both agree it is eventually inevitable - so to say it wasn’t afterwards makes no sense.

If relegation wasn’t inevitable last season - then when is it ever inevitable? Couldn’t you just say “if we signed better players we would have survived”... which means relegation is never inevitable... even though we both agree it was.

Whether it was last season, next season, 2 seasons ago or 3... it was inevitable and it was coming. As it has with every single other club our size and will continue to happen to clubs of our size for eternity... or until the structure of football changes.

It is not about “spending the money well” otherwise why can’t we always say that and we would never ever go down. Relegation is a mix of all factors as I have explained to you several times before. It was not possible to “spend that money well”. Our options were limited.

If I give you 100 cards, 10 of them will give you what you need, 90 will not... eventually and inevitably you will pick one that won’t, especially if the pool of cards that will help you gets smaller.

Yes you indeed said correctly that they were embarrassing but very intentionally then also stated that we went down as a result which couldn’t be further from the truth. If you want an endless debate about me explaining the nature of inevitability then feel free and continue to go to great lengths to prove you don’t understand he concept you claim to accept. As you know, I am always happy to explain these things.

Yes, I deliberately said that a catastrophic season of incoming transfers was the reason we were relegated. It was.

Whatever scenario you want to play out, I’d say it’s inevitable that Cardiff will win a game this season. It’s not inevitable that the will win the next one. It’s inevitable that Burnley, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Fulham will all be relegated at some point, they aren’t all going down this season. Its inevitable that Potter will leave the club at some point, I’d be surprised if it was this season.

You seem to be just excusing last season as ‘oh well, it was bound to happen at some point’, conveniently brushing over the shambolic recruitment, keeping Paul Clement a month or so longer than we should and the utter implosion going down the final stretch after Carvahals excellent first few months.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:08 - Oct 14 with 1381 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 12:53 - Oct 14 by jack247

Yes, I deliberately said that a catastrophic season of incoming transfers was the reason we were relegated. It was.

Whatever scenario you want to play out, I’d say it’s inevitable that Cardiff will win a game this season. It’s not inevitable that the will win the next one. It’s inevitable that Burnley, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Fulham will all be relegated at some point, they aren’t all going down this season. Its inevitable that Potter will leave the club at some point, I’d be surprised if it was this season.

You seem to be just excusing last season as ‘oh well, it was bound to happen at some point’, conveniently brushing over the shambolic recruitment, keeping Paul Clement a month or so longer than we should and the utter implosion going down the final stretch after Carvahals excellent first few months.

Then you surely expected someone to disagree with that. We looked doomed the seasons prior to that so to say it was down to signings made that season is nonsense, we were on borrowed time. As I have told you many times now, the recruitment became almost impossible as the pool of talent available diminished - we were not a club many wanted to come to. So it wasn’t who we signed that relegated us, it was more who we couldn’t sign.

Again you are moving away from realistic odds. The odds of Cardiff winning a game this season is about 1/25. Potter to leave the club this season is probably about 50/1. You aren’t making similar comparisons.

Now then, if Potter has been here 2 years and we were losing game after game then that inevitability becomes your immediate inevitability as he passes the lifespan of a manager that isn’t winning games.

I repeat. The lifespan of a club like us staying up is around 1 in 2. We did it for 7 years we were long past our lifespan, relegation was imminent. If you didn’t accept it as the result of inevitable circumstances then when would you ever accept it was? Relegation last season may not have been inevitable as such as we may not have lost that Southampton game for example, but it was inevitable it would happen soon as the circumstances leading to what we both agree is inevitable we’re finally in place.

I am not at all. I am making the point that clubs like us go down very quickly. There is a reason for that. The reason is because recruitment becomes harder as costs grow which stunts ambition and relative path for success. I am more than happy to admit that signings didn’t work out - my point is that it wasn’t so much to do with blind error as the result of inevitable circumstances of staying there for so long.

Again, you have said relegation was always inevitable. To believe that (it’s a fact) and yet use the line “if we signed better players then it wasn’t inevitable last season” shows you don’t understand why it is inevitable. Otherwise why can’t you always say that after every season? Which means it’s not inevitable.

You and I both agree it is inevitable because history and common sense converge to tell us it gets harder as costs spiral and options thin. Statistically speaking, this WILL lead to signings not working out and the result of that having a larger impact than normal. So again it’s not who we signed that relegated us it was probably more to do with who we couldn’t sign... and that was as a result of the inevitable circumstances that leads to relegation.

The victims of our own immense success. It should be applauded not criticised. To criticise it means you haven’t understood it which almost makes the early praise empty as you haven’t understood it. If you can’t understand the down side you can’t understand the up side, they are two parts of the same animal.

[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 13:18]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:19 - Oct 14 with 1370 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:08 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Then you surely expected someone to disagree with that. We looked doomed the seasons prior to that so to say it was down to signings made that season is nonsense, we were on borrowed time. As I have told you many times now, the recruitment became almost impossible as the pool of talent available diminished - we were not a club many wanted to come to. So it wasn’t who we signed that relegated us, it was more who we couldn’t sign.

Again you are moving away from realistic odds. The odds of Cardiff winning a game this season is about 1/25. Potter to leave the club this season is probably about 50/1. You aren’t making similar comparisons.

Now then, if Potter has been here 2 years and we were losing game after game then that inevitability becomes your immediate inevitability as he passes the lifespan of a manager that isn’t winning games.

I repeat. The lifespan of a club like us staying up is around 1 in 2. We did it for 7 years we were long past our lifespan, relegation was imminent. If you didn’t accept it as the result of inevitable circumstances then when would you ever accept it was? Relegation last season may not have been inevitable as such as we may not have lost that Southampton game for example, but it was inevitable it would happen soon as the circumstances leading to what we both agree is inevitable we’re finally in place.

I am not at all. I am making the point that clubs like us go down very quickly. There is a reason for that. The reason is because recruitment becomes harder as costs grow which stunts ambition and relative path for success. I am more than happy to admit that signings didn’t work out - my point is that it wasn’t so much to do with blind error as the result of inevitable circumstances of staying there for so long.

Again, you have said relegation was always inevitable. To believe that (it’s a fact) and yet use the line “if we signed better players then it wasn’t inevitable last season” shows you don’t understand why it is inevitable. Otherwise why can’t you always say that after every season? Which means it’s not inevitable.

You and I both agree it is inevitable because history and common sense converge to tell us it gets harder as costs spiral and options thin. Statistically speaking, this WILL lead to signings not working out and the result of that having a larger impact than normal. So again it’s not who we signed that relegated us it was probably more to do with who we couldn’t sign... and that was as a result of the inevitable circumstances that leads to relegation.

The victims of our own immense success. It should be applauded not criticised. To criticise it means you haven’t understood it which almost makes the early praise empty as you haven’t understood it. If you can’t understand the down side you can’t understand the up side, they are two parts of the same animal.

[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 13:18]

We made 4 permanent and 3 loan signings last season. In my opinion, 6 of them flopped. That’s the main reason we were relegated last season.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:19 - Oct 14 with 1369 viewsE20Jack

To relate it to my famous analogies.

It’s like criticising the pace of the last kilometer of a runner who has just run 150kms. To criticise that means you have not understood the immense success which has caused such a ‘slow’ time for that period of the runners journey. It is a success to post a time after 150km not a failure for not doing it fast enough. Circumstances dictated it would be a slow time and those ‘negative’ circumstances affecting the time were born out of sheer success and achievement.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:22 - Oct 14 with 1364 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:19 - Oct 14 by jack247

We made 4 permanent and 3 loan signings last season. In my opinion, 6 of them flopped. That’s the main reason we were relegated last season.

No it wasn’t, it was because our costs spiralled and we were forced to make certain signings.

It was not who we signed but who we couldn’t sign.

And those circumstances were born out of sheer success and achievement.

It can’t be simpler.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:24 - Oct 14 with 1362 viewsChief

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 11:03 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

Don’t be ridiculous. We should have been relegated 2 seasons prior in a row, as I already touched upon it was only due to some managerial master strokes that we managed to scrape survival. We were relegation fodder and it was a matter of time, it’s rehashing history to suggest otherwise.

He had to be sold to get back to what we did and were successful doing, there was no other way. It isn’t an overnight fix however. His sale led to us being able to buy new players and bring in the likes if Potter. Again to suggest otherwise is just plain wrong.

The sale of Siggy led to money being tied up in players we were able to then release to regenerate the team and bring in the likes of Potter, how you read that and come to the conclusion it has nothing to do with the Gylfi sale God only knows.

If I am skint and can’t afford my run down house. Sell my house for 500k to buy a collectable car, realise it was a mistake so sold it for 400k and bought a new house abroad and a car - that house and a car I now have came to me as a result of my decision to sell my first house, if it wasn’t for my decision to sell that first house I would not have the life I have now. I would be struggling to make ends meet and unhappy in that run down dwelling.

Surely that makes sense now? I’m out of ideas as to how to make that clearer.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 11:07]

I don't think ive denied anywhere that we were struggling for a few years? That was obvious. I've also said this struggle stopped managers from trying to play expansive football.

He had to be sold because he wanted to go. If there were the circumstances or the desire to do we could easily have gone back to playing a passing game with Siggy in the side. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Brendan signed him and he supplemented that team brilliantly ffs.

How far back to you want to go with this thread of causation rubbish, the Born and Ben Davies signing and nurturing got us to Potter? Because we gave them up to get Siggy?

The Siggy money was wasted on crapp - not investments as part of some masterplan to somewhere down the line appoint a manager and sign some players who can play good football. Get real

Those analogies are completely irrelevant to Sigurdsson going.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:34 - Oct 14 with 1344 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:24 - Oct 14 by Chief

I don't think ive denied anywhere that we were struggling for a few years? That was obvious. I've also said this struggle stopped managers from trying to play expansive football.

He had to be sold because he wanted to go. If there were the circumstances or the desire to do we could easily have gone back to playing a passing game with Siggy in the side. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous. Brendan signed him and he supplemented that team brilliantly ffs.

How far back to you want to go with this thread of causation rubbish, the Born and Ben Davies signing and nurturing got us to Potter? Because we gave them up to get Siggy?

The Siggy money was wasted on crapp - not investments as part of some masterplan to somewhere down the line appoint a manager and sign some players who can play good football. Get real

Those analogies are completely irrelevant to Sigurdsson going.

No we couldnt have, otherwise we would have. Technical players are expensive and a passing game is a system where every player even the keeper needs to be a technical footballer. Not only that we needed a technical coach and backroom staff, they again are expensive.

As I have been explaining we got ourselves into a situation where circumstances dictated we had to move away from that style in order to just survive. Due to us going just through Gylfi his price wa falsely high and represented an opportunity to selling and regenerate. Something his sale has now allowed us to do.

Thankfully his unprofessionalism made that decision far easier.

No Ben Davies being sold did not lead to us getting Potter. Selling Davies was never with the intention of regenerating. We sold Gylfi with the intention to do just that hence his sale allowed us to put money in such players as Clucas which allowed us the freedom to then make the Poyter signjnf and te Elina one amongst a host of others. The money we got from Clucas was the direct cash we got from Gylfi - it was this that allowed us to make those signings.

You can deny it if you like but it’s futile. I can only suggest you don’t understand the analogies because they are perfect, especially the runner one. Particularly proud of that one. Happy to explain them.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:37 - Oct 14 with 1339 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:22 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

No it wasn’t, it was because our costs spiralled and we were forced to make certain signings.

It was not who we signed but who we couldn’t sign.

And those circumstances were born out of sheer success and achievement.

It can’t be simpler.

We were not in any way forced to sign Clucas for £15m, or buy a player so unsuited to our playing style that he got sent back to La Liga the same season. They were simply poor choices.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:39 - Oct 14 with 1335 viewsChief

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:34 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

No we couldnt have, otherwise we would have. Technical players are expensive and a passing game is a system where every player even the keeper needs to be a technical footballer. Not only that we needed a technical coach and backroom staff, they again are expensive.

As I have been explaining we got ourselves into a situation where circumstances dictated we had to move away from that style in order to just survive. Due to us going just through Gylfi his price wa falsely high and represented an opportunity to selling and regenerate. Something his sale has now allowed us to do.

Thankfully his unprofessionalism made that decision far easier.

No Ben Davies being sold did not lead to us getting Potter. Selling Davies was never with the intention of regenerating. We sold Gylfi with the intention to do just that hence his sale allowed us to put money in such players as Clucas which allowed us the freedom to then make the Poyter signjnf and te Elina one amongst a host of others. The money we got from Clucas was the direct cash we got from Gylfi - it was this that allowed us to make those signings.

You can deny it if you like but it’s futile. I can only suggest you don’t understand the analogies because they are perfect, especially the runner one. Particularly proud of that one. Happy to explain them.

No please stop we disagree and you've said here to convince me that selling Siggy helped us get back to playing good football in anyway what so ever apart from getting us relegated.

So there's no point either us repeating ourselves

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:40 - Oct 14 with 1334 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:37 - Oct 14 by jack247

We were not in any way forced to sign Clucas for £15m, or buy a player so unsuited to our playing style that he got sent back to La Liga the same season. They were simply poor choices.

You have no idea if it was a poor choice as you have no idea what the other choices were. I happen to know that choices were thin on the ground. These thin choices are to do with the inevitable set of circumstances that leads to clubs like us ALWAYS being relegated, and circumstances that get more prominent the longer you stay there.

Again, these are due to our exceptional success and should be applauded not criticised. To criticise the final mile means you have not understood the journey.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 13:54]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:42 - Oct 14 with 1325 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:39 - Oct 14 by Chief

No please stop we disagree and you've said here to convince me that selling Siggy helped us get back to playing good football in anyway what so ever apart from getting us relegated.

So there's no point either us repeating ourselves

There is little to agree or disagree with.

Without selling Gylfi we would not have been able to make the Potter or Xelina purchases. He was sold for us to regenerate. We are now well on the way.

You can disagree until you are blue in the face, won’t change anything, the above remains true.

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:48 - Oct 14 with 1322 viewsmagicdaps10

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:42 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

There is little to agree or disagree with.

Without selling Gylfi we would not have been able to make the Potter or Xelina purchases. He was sold for us to regenerate. We are now well on the way.

You can disagree until you are blue in the face, won’t change anything, the above remains true.

Wtf am I reading!?

Surely this is a wind up!?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:49 - Oct 14 with 1318 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:48 - Oct 14 by magicdaps10

Wtf am I reading!?

Surely this is a wind up!?

You are reading sense Flaps.

A concept that often gets you all confuddled. I wouldn’t worry.

Stick to being utterly disgusted that people don’t think Ryan Fraser is the best midfielder in the Premier League.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 13:50]

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:57 - Oct 14 with 1307 viewsjack247

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:40 - Oct 14 by E20Jack

You have no idea if it was a poor choice as you have no idea what the other choices were. I happen to know that choices were thin on the ground. These thin choices are to do with the inevitable set of circumstances that leads to clubs like us ALWAYS being relegated, and circumstances that get more prominent the longer you stay there.

Again, these are due to our exceptional success and should be applauded not criticised. To criticise the final mile means you have not understood the journey.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2018 13:54]

I’m quite sure you’re right that choices were thin on the ground. They were thin in August because we spent all summer dancing with Everton, thus not freeing up the capacity to sign players until very late in the window. They were thin in January, because we’d replaced Siggy, Llorente and Cork with Clucas, Bony and Mesa and were consequently bottom of the table and a far less attractive proposition than we had been in January.

Thank you for agreeing relegation was not inevitable last season and the players we signed last season didn’t work out.
Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:05 - Oct 14 with 1295 viewsE20Jack

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 13:57 - Oct 14 by jack247

I’m quite sure you’re right that choices were thin on the ground. They were thin in August because we spent all summer dancing with Everton, thus not freeing up the capacity to sign players until very late in the window. They were thin in January, because we’d replaced Siggy, Llorente and Cork with Clucas, Bony and Mesa and were consequently bottom of the table and a far less attractive proposition than we had been in January.

Thank you for agreeing relegation was not inevitable last season and the players we signed last season didn’t work out.

Thank you for agreeing that choices were thin in the ground due to a set of inevitable circumstances based on unprecedented success. So it was not who we signed but who we couldn’t and that was dictated by those circumstances, not us.

I agree that signings didn’t work out yes, but that’s not quite what you said. You said we were relegated because of our signings, I disagreed and said it wasn’t due to our signings but who we were unable to sign.

Getting relegated last season was as inevitable as a coin landing on heads. We just had 3 flips in a row on tails, you could argue it wasn’t strictly inevitable but that didn’t really hold much weight or relevance, if we avoided it then it would have been another minor miricle and a stay of inevitable execution. If you don’t think it was inevitable that we were getting relegated within this period where these inevitable situations were converging... then you don’t think it is ever inevitable by definition.

Yet we both agree it was...

Chances Created in the Premier League. Sigurdsson is currently #1 on 14:07 - Oct 14 with 1291 viewsChief

Over a decade in the top 2 divisions during the sky era but it took the £40million pound sale of a player for the club to appoint a manager from the Swedish leagues and a Manchester City reserve who was on loan at Ipswich!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024