Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Wilson Rest In Peace 18:48 - Nov 13 with 820 viewsjackharris

The most famous fisherman in the World, Mr John Wilson has passed away at his home in Thailand. My brother a keen fisherman loved his books and the articles about John in fishing magazines. Rest In Peace Mr Wilson.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46196890

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

John Wilson Rest In Peace on 19:02 - Nov 13 with 808 viewsWingstandwood

Speaking in the capacity as an utterly sh1te fisherman I found his programmes absolutely fantastic because he caught ( albeit televised) fish on my behalf!

I've always had an admiration for a lot of the fishing experts because they instinctively and knowledgeably (even on a first visit) know the lay of a river in ' knowing-lay of the land fashion'. They know where exactly to fish, what peek time best to fish, where exactly to cast, how to fish in certain weather and river conditions etc.

Argus!

John Wilson Rest In Peace on 19:34 - Nov 13 with 782 viewsFlashberryjack

John Wilson Rest In Peace on 19:02 - Nov 13 by Wingstandwood

Speaking in the capacity as an utterly sh1te fisherman I found his programmes absolutely fantastic because he caught ( albeit televised) fish on my behalf!

I've always had an admiration for a lot of the fishing experts because they instinctively and knowledgeably (even on a first visit) know the lay of a river in ' knowing-lay of the land fashion'. They know where exactly to fish, what peek time best to fish, where exactly to cast, how to fish in certain weather and river conditions etc.

I used to enjoy John Wilson's fishing programe always laughing, and his favorite saying "WHAT A CLONKER !" R.I.P. John Wilson.

Although my favorite was Chris Yates & Bob James "A passion for Angling" even though I was always a game fly fisherman rather than a "Course Angler", the programme captured the whole magic of fishing IMO.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

John Wilson Rest In Peace on 20:49 - Nov 13 with 743 viewsLeonWasGod

Genuine leg end. I used to love his programmes and pieces in the Angling Times. Part of my yoof.

RIP John.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024