Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke - £30m loss last year 12:27 - Nov 20 with 14271 viewsDr_Winston

And they're still spending in this one. Going to bump up against FFP if they don't go straight back up. Another indicator of the kind of financial craziness we're up against though.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46274218?__twitter_impression=true

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 12:31 - Nov 27 with 1442 viewsNeathJack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 11:06 - Nov 27 by _

It's a true disgrace the Swansea City Trust Chairman has chosen to ban you for nothing more than sticking up for SCFC

How can this be right?

This isn't a Trust website though. The site owner can ban whoever he wants.

If said banned person wants to vent his spleen, there are plenty of other places to do it.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:06 - Nov 27 with 1398 views_

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 12:31 - Nov 27 by NeathJack

This isn't a Trust website though. The site owner can ban whoever he wants.

If said banned person wants to vent his spleen, there are plenty of other places to do it.

But it's owned by the Swansea City Trust Chairman and it's his decision to ban someone for effectively sticking up for the owners and for SCFC.

That's just not right, neither is it he gets his associates to belittle supporters of the Club and take sides, like you're doing now.

It's all just too convenient and like I've said, it's just not right.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:15 - Nov 27 with 1382 viewsDJack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 11:56 - Nov 27 by Shaky

Pot - kettle - black

WTF are you doing?

Could you expand on that because at the moment it reads like you've thrown words at the screen which is not your style.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:23 - Nov 27 with 1372 viewsDJack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 11:04 - Nov 27 by _

Then why aren't others banned then, like Tatty Teabag Prosser??

The Trust. Chairman picks and chooses what voices are allowed to speak or condemn. He controls opinion this way.

Why are you asking me?

As for your last "paragraph"...shades of paranoia there as I suspect the more that E20 posts (and gets the replies) the more money Phil can earn for his family.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:27 - Nov 27 with 1357 viewsswan65split

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 00:04 - Nov 27 by JackSparrow

No it wasn’t and no it doesn’t. That is some frightful lack of understanding of the situation you have there. Are you sure you are a swans fan? Or someone just being rather silly on the Internet forum for personal kicks?

They sold their shares. The money wasn’t theirs previously, it was the clubs. The money wasn’t the Americans after the share purchase, it was still the clubs. Of which Jenkins still owns a portion of, ad do the Trust and others.

What he spent, he created. As a result keeping us in the PL for 7 years and allowing you to not understand basic principles for all that time. Be grateful.

Why do I have to provide figures? Don’t you know them? Add up all the transfers in and out from year 1 of the PL to the current day and you will see a profit. Again I ask, are you really a Swans fan? This shouldn’t be new information to you. I assume you are that mental case BrynmillJack. Oh yes, you are.

I await your realisation and new plan of action how to squirm out of that sheer nonsense you cobbled together to continue the brainless and vengeful attack against the club based on jealousy and need for revenge. For shame. Anyway, as I’m sure most are too lazy and instead perpetuating their own myths...

Transfer fees in and out since year 1 of PL:-

Year 1 - 11.2m loss
Year 2 - 10.9m profit
Year 3 - 24m loss
Year 4 - 18.3m profit
Year 5 - 4.3m loss
Year 6 - 8.6m loss
Year 7 - 7.2m profit
Year 8 - 38.8m profit

Total transfer dealings since arriving at the PL to current day:- £27.1m profit. Allowing such investments as the training ground and academy that we are now reaping the rewards from.

This doesn’t include anything we get back from Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer, Borja Baston etc all of which have their purchase prices counted in the figures. So anything at all received from them will add on to that figure.

To think we achieved what we have while running essentially at break even or better at transfer level is absolutely stunning. People lose millions to achieve a tenth of what we have.

People need to get a grip on reality because the alternative reality that they are revelling in is so ugly it is untrue. Even uglier that the alternative truthful side is being hushed and desperately covered up by people who are entrusted (no pun intended) to act in the clubs interests.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 0:25]

Another new poster?!!
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:47 - Nov 27 with 1356 viewsFireboy2

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:27 - Nov 27 by swan65split

Another new poster?!!

Its either chris in yet another guise or one of the sellouts' lackeys
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 14:05 - Nov 27 with 1326 viewsswan65split

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:47 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

Its .....you know who,
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 14:05 - Nov 27 with 1333 views_

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:47 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

Why is this comment continually allowed to remain? Why aren't posters who blatantly lie or accuse others of untruths banned?

Genuine question?

The poster in question here has repeatedly accused myself and others without any basis of truth. And I know this to be an absolute and categorical fact because I've never had any dealings with the Club or the selling shareholders to have become their 'lackey'.

Do I need to take legal advice or will the site owner finally take some action here?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 16:41 - Nov 27 with 1274 viewsFireboy2

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 14:05 - Nov 27 by _

Why is this comment continually allowed to remain? Why aren't posters who blatantly lie or accuse others of untruths banned?

Genuine question?

The poster in question here has repeatedly accused myself and others without any basis of truth. And I know this to be an absolute and categorical fact because I've never had any dealings with the Club or the selling shareholders to have become their 'lackey'.

Do I need to take legal advice or will the site owner finally take some action here?

It isnt nice when the shoe is on the foot is it chris
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:17 - Nov 27 with 1259 views_

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 16:41 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

It isnt nice when the shoe is on the foot is it chris

Sorry? You've lost me

Why wouldn't a shoe be on the foot?

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:49 - Nov 27 with 1245 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 00:04 - Nov 27 by JackSparrow

No it wasn’t and no it doesn’t. That is some frightful lack of understanding of the situation you have there. Are you sure you are a swans fan? Or someone just being rather silly on the Internet forum for personal kicks?

They sold their shares. The money wasn’t theirs previously, it was the clubs. The money wasn’t the Americans after the share purchase, it was still the clubs. Of which Jenkins still owns a portion of, ad do the Trust and others.

What he spent, he created. As a result keeping us in the PL for 7 years and allowing you to not understand basic principles for all that time. Be grateful.

Why do I have to provide figures? Don’t you know them? Add up all the transfers in and out from year 1 of the PL to the current day and you will see a profit. Again I ask, are you really a Swans fan? This shouldn’t be new information to you. I assume you are that mental case BrynmillJack. Oh yes, you are.

I await your realisation and new plan of action how to squirm out of that sheer nonsense you cobbled together to continue the brainless and vengeful attack against the club based on jealousy and need for revenge. For shame. Anyway, as I’m sure most are too lazy and instead perpetuating their own myths...

Transfer fees in and out since year 1 of PL:-

Year 1 - 11.2m loss
Year 2 - 10.9m profit
Year 3 - 24m loss
Year 4 - 18.3m profit
Year 5 - 4.3m loss
Year 6 - 8.6m loss
Year 7 - 7.2m profit
Year 8 - 38.8m profit

Total transfer dealings since arriving at the PL to current day:- £27.1m profit. Allowing such investments as the training ground and academy that we are now reaping the rewards from.

This doesn’t include anything we get back from Andre Ayew, Jordan Ayew, Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer, Borja Baston etc all of which have their purchase prices counted in the figures. So anything at all received from them will add on to that figure.

To think we achieved what we have while running essentially at break even or better at transfer level is absolutely stunning. People lose millions to achieve a tenth of what we have.

People need to get a grip on reality because the alternative reality that they are revelling in is so ugly it is untrue. Even uglier that the alternative truthful side is being hushed and desperately covered up by people who are entrusted (no pun intended) to act in the clubs interests.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 0:25]

That's a 10 million profit thanks to the sale of #gylfi Siggurddson.
If Huw hadn't listened to Monk and Co , kept Laudrup and not been playing
football manager we'd have made a lot more .

We wouldn't have bought such spineless b*stards that surrendered our PL status so unnecessarily , costing the club 150 million pounds in the process. I'm not sure why you're rimming the former board but the fact is they didn't put a foot wrong until sacking Laudrup and after that it's been a slow and painful slide to relegation thanks to the same people. It's about time they/you realised the time for resting on laurels is well and truly over.

They are traitors and they won't be forgiven for the way the sale was carried out in the totally underhanded manner that it was. I have no idea why you stick up for them apart from being connected to them so do me a favour and f*ck off and spout your sh*t to someone else please. Jack to a King my f*cking arse.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 18:47 - Nov 27 with 1210 viewsFireboy2

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:17 - Nov 27 by _

Sorry? You've lost me

Why wouldn't a shoe be on the foot?

And you have the temerity to call me thick
Stoke - £30m loss last year (n/t) on 18:58 - Nov 27 with 1198 viewsswan65split

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 17:49 - Nov 27 by Brynmill_Jack

We wouldn't have bought such spineless b*stards that surrendered our PL status so unnecessarily , costing the club 150 million pounds in the process. I'm not sure why you're rimming the former board but the fact is they didn't put a foot wrong until sacking Laudrup and after that it's been a slow and painful slide to relegation thanks to the same people. It's about time they/you realised the time for resting on laurels is well and truly over.

They are traitors and they won't be forgiven for the way the sale was carried out in the totally underhanded manner that it was. I have no idea why you stick up for them apart from being connected to them so do me a favour and f*ck off and spout your sh*t to someone else please. Jack to a King my f*cking arse.

cant argue with that ..........
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 18:59]
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:23 - Nov 27 with 1188 viewsJackSparrow

What on earth are you talking about now? It’s a £27m profit due to transfer dealings over the last 8 years allowing us to stay there for nearly a decade, win a major trophy, get to knockout stages of Europe have top half finishes and when it naturally came to an end meant we had the facilities and base to have a solid foundation to regenerate. It has naff all to do with Gylfi Sigurdsson. He was identified bought and sold like countless others were. You have gone from stating we didn’t make a profit to “we could have made more”. Utterly ludicrous.

Usain Bolt was crap too, he should have ran under 9 seconds, the fact he broke all records is an inconvenient truth.

If you wish to call them sellouts, if you want to make up that I am connected to them, if you want to not forgive them and call them names - that’s your right. But what you are doing is lying about them to further an agenda which is something that needs to be put right.

I also don’t like the way they went about the sale, but I am speaking up for the truth and how things are. Making things up to suit yourself really isn’t doing yourself much justice, but being accurate isn’t what you want... as it makes your view point look stupid.

But on the topic at hand, transfer dealings on the whole were a stunning and resounding success.

Just a stone cold, hard fact.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:29 - Nov 27 with 1186 viewsNeathJack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 13:06 - Nov 27 by _

But it's owned by the Swansea City Trust Chairman and it's his decision to ban someone for effectively sticking up for the owners and for SCFC.

That's just not right, neither is it he gets his associates to belittle supporters of the Club and take sides, like you're doing now.

It's all just too convenient and like I've said, it's just not right.

You're perfectly entitled to disagree with him doing it but the fact that he is entitled to do so is undisputed.

And for the record, no one got me to write that or anything else I've ever written on this site.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:37 - Nov 27 with 1172 viewsJackSparrow

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:29 - Nov 27 by NeathJack

You're perfectly entitled to disagree with him doing it but the fact that he is entitled to do so is undisputed.

And for the record, no one got me to write that or anything else I've ever written on this site.

But Jenkins and the Americans are also allowed to conduct their business how they please, yes? So cannot be accused of doing anything wrong if that’s the path you wish to tread. They are majority shareholders.

There is a very fine irony there if you don’t look too hard.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:41 - Nov 27 with 1164 viewsNeathJack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:37 - Nov 27 by JackSparrow

But Jenkins and the Americans are also allowed to conduct their business how they please, yes? So cannot be accused of doing anything wrong if that’s the path you wish to tread. They are majority shareholders.

There is a very fine irony there if you don’t look too hard.

Indeed they are entitled to as long as it's within the law, and fans are equally allowed to complain and protest about actions the board undertake that they are unhappy with, as Chris is doing here about Phil.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:46 - Nov 27 with 1156 viewsJackSparrow

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:41 - Nov 27 by NeathJack

Indeed they are entitled to as long as it's within the law, and fans are equally allowed to complain and protest about actions the board undertake that they are unhappy with, as Chris is doing here about Phil.

So the owners have done nothing wrong is what you are confirming?

It’s just that some don’t agree? Yes?

The Trust and specifically the chairman has a responsibility to all fans to ensure they are being represented having their views heard. To actively partake in an online bullying campaign against certain fans because their views are not palatable to their agenda is utterly horrifying.

There can be no complaint regarding underhand tactics or using ones position for their own gain when they are doing exactly the same. The fact they “CAN” do it, is no excuse I am afraid.

Edit - The governament CAN increase taxes to 50% across the board and redirect them into their own pockets by giving themselves pay rises off the back of it. The fact they “CAN” doesn’t make it any less despicable, does it? And there would understandably and rightly be riots and a forcible backlash, if you told the public who were being robbed of their money “they are allowed to do it” I guess you would need an armoured car to get out of there.

Edit 2 - Tell the miners that Thatcher was allowed to close the mines, ruining the Welsh economy - she’s done nothing wrong.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 20:17]
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:52 - Nov 27 with 1145 viewsNeathJack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:46 - Nov 27 by JackSparrow

So the owners have done nothing wrong is what you are confirming?

It’s just that some don’t agree? Yes?

The Trust and specifically the chairman has a responsibility to all fans to ensure they are being represented having their views heard. To actively partake in an online bullying campaign against certain fans because their views are not palatable to their agenda is utterly horrifying.

There can be no complaint regarding underhand tactics or using ones position for their own gain when they are doing exactly the same. The fact they “CAN” do it, is no excuse I am afraid.

Edit - The governament CAN increase taxes to 50% across the board and redirect them into their own pockets by giving themselves pay rises off the back of it. The fact they “CAN” doesn’t make it any less despicable, does it? And there would understandably and rightly be riots and a forcible backlash, if you told the public who were being robbed of their money “they are allowed to do it” I guess you would need an armoured car to get out of there.

Edit 2 - Tell the miners that Thatcher was allowed to close the mines, ruining the Welsh economy - she’s done nothing wrong.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 20:17]

I confirmed no such thing. I said they are entitled to run the club as they see fit, within the law. That doesn't mean that I believe they are running the club correctly (or incorrectly for that matter).

Just as Phil is entitled to run this site how he likes. It's not a Trust site and if said people wish to vent their spleen then numerous other sites and avenues are available for them to do so. Just because he is Trust chairman should not, in my opinion, mean that he cannot ban people from this website.

If it was a Trust site I would probably have a different opinion.

Edit: You've now edited and added to the post I was replying to twice for some reason. My piece has been said. Feel free to disagree with it.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 19:57]
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:00 - Nov 27 with 1130 viewsJackSparrow

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 19:52 - Nov 27 by NeathJack

I confirmed no such thing. I said they are entitled to run the club as they see fit, within the law. That doesn't mean that I believe they are running the club correctly (or incorrectly for that matter).

Just as Phil is entitled to run this site how he likes. It's not a Trust site and if said people wish to vent their spleen then numerous other sites and avenues are available for them to do so. Just because he is Trust chairman should not, in my opinion, mean that he cannot ban people from this website.

If it was a Trust site I would probably have a different opinion.

Edit: You've now edited and added to the post I was replying to twice for some reason. My piece has been said. Feel free to disagree with it.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 19:57]

Then there is a stark conflict of interests that needs to once again be addressed.

If you agree that the Trust chairman should not be silencing views if it were Trust owned.. yet see there being a loophole where he can quieten/manipulate/manufacture voices on other main fan mediums he runs alongside other Trust board members where many/most Trust board members discuss Trust matters and also uses it to further Trust aims and reach - then there is clear abuse of power there and indeed underhand goings on to further ones own view.

If you are a Trust chairman you should be acting with supporters interests on all club related matters. Not only appearing with a facade to stand for that on Trust owned sites and going above and beyond to silence and select views to quieten on other main media. Manipulation of views was a very serious question over the last reign he had at the Trust that nearly sunk the organisation and the club, you would like to think lessons were learned from that and he would stand for a more honest and open reign as promised in the election speech wouldn’t you?

Do you think that “confidential” Trust email was genuinely leaked on here the other day (and bizarrely left to stand) via a hack - as blatantly lied about? Or do you think it was a way to manipulate thought while allowing other fans to attack and lie about an innocent man who put in his free time to help out the site on here who has been battling serious illness?

If you want your chairman and his lackeys acting that way just because he “can” then that says more about you then me. Let’s leave it at that.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 20:14]
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:19 - Nov 27 with 1102 viewsNeathJack

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:00 - Nov 27 by JackSparrow

Then there is a stark conflict of interests that needs to once again be addressed.

If you agree that the Trust chairman should not be silencing views if it were Trust owned.. yet see there being a loophole where he can quieten/manipulate/manufacture voices on other main fan mediums he runs alongside other Trust board members where many/most Trust board members discuss Trust matters and also uses it to further Trust aims and reach - then there is clear abuse of power there and indeed underhand goings on to further ones own view.

If you are a Trust chairman you should be acting with supporters interests on all club related matters. Not only appearing with a facade to stand for that on Trust owned sites and going above and beyond to silence and select views to quieten on other main media. Manipulation of views was a very serious question over the last reign he had at the Trust that nearly sunk the organisation and the club, you would like to think lessons were learned from that and he would stand for a more honest and open reign as promised in the election speech wouldn’t you?

Do you think that “confidential” Trust email was genuinely leaked on here the other day (and bizarrely left to stand) via a hack - as blatantly lied about? Or do you think it was a way to manipulate thought while allowing other fans to attack and lie about an innocent man who put in his free time to help out the site on here who has been battling serious illness?

If you want your chairman and his lackeys acting that way just because he “can” then that says more about you then me. Let’s leave it at that.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 20:14]

So you accept that he can then.

Opinions about whether he should or not are just that. Opinions.

Anyway, nice chatting. Good evening.
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:25 - Nov 27 with 1095 viewsJackSparrow

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:19 - Nov 27 by NeathJack

So you accept that he can then.

Opinions about whether he should or not are just that. Opinions.

Anyway, nice chatting. Good evening.

Whether he can or not is irrelevant to the discussion.

There are no opinion whether he “should” or not, no honest and genuine ones anyway. That is as obvious as the day is long. Of course the Trust chairman should not be manipulating and using propaganda toward views of the fanbase.

The pointless opinion you are putting forward is that no matter how ugly, how irresponsible, how underhand or how unaware the manipulation of Swans fans views by the chairman of the Trust and other Trust board members are being - they can get away with it.

That’s hardly a worthwhile point now is it.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 20:31]
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:31 - Nov 27 with 1088 viewsJackSparrow

Now that’s clarified can anyone tell me how we have made a loss on transfer fees since we entered the PL as continually claimed?

Or even the last year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years? Manipulate it how you like from this day back, by year, if it helps.

The fact is - our transfer dealings over the last 10 years has eclipsed most other clubs. The fact we achieved what we did while operating at break even/profit is an utterly stunning achievement.

Now feel free to call them names, feel free to say you didn’t like the way they conducted the sale. But making things up to suit your agenda won’t wash, because someone will call you out on it. We have so much to be thankful for and so much to be proud of. Our achievements span past most of our wildest dreams 15 years ago, that’s those of us who were there that is.

I agree the sale was not conducted well, I agree there were underhand tactics. But won’t be shepherd hooked into joining in the senseless destruction of the clubs achievements and won’t be doing the same for individual achievements.

I was the main (if not then certainly one of) voice behind the Trust taking them to court to get the money they could have had, I am one of the first to admit that things should and could have been handled better but also the first to mention the Trust’s clear shortcomings and lack of foresight leading to it. If they had listened to the likes of myself and T2C at the time then we wouldn’t be where we are now with the case, instead the fanbase were manipulated by the Trust into almost destroying the Trust as an organisation and possibly the future of the club with it... something they now have admitted was not the best course of action. Terrifying.

Surely we want honesty and we want balance. This web of lies and deceitful nature that fans are being lulled into is just wrong and won’t be any part of it. I will continually stand up for what is right and factual (like calling out that obvious leaked email bulls*it) and if they want to keep banning me for that then this is the Trust you are stuck with. It won’t stop me airing my views as a Swans fan of 25 years.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2018 20:43]
Stoke - £30m loss last year on 20:59 - Nov 27 with 1063 views_

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 18:47 - Nov 27 by Fireboy2

And you have the temerity to call me thick

That's because you're not the brightest and if you can make sense of shoes being on feet then fine.

Stoke - £30m loss last year on 21:05 - Nov 27 with 1057 views_

We're getting on better now yeah, so let's keep this respectful, but you can't seriously believe what you've just written, can you?

For one Michael Laudrup and his agent have achieved the square root of Jack shit since they left us and they certainly have not been renowned for astute transfer signings, definitely not in the Arab Emirates. He had one decent window. One.

And I just watched a game earlier. Moscow against the Czechs. Vlasic scored for Moscow, on loan from Everton. How long did he have there for 10m quid??

The EPL is a facking monster. There is no magic wand or formula. We did amazingly well to stay as long as we did. That should be the only important thing to remember

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024