Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Jacks & Loyalists 09:18 - Nov 25 with 39174 viewsSwanSwan

I noticed a new flag yesterday which I assume to be a loyalist flag. The Ulster hand and Rangers badge with Union Jack colours. Just wondering what the significance of this is?

I don't personally see how this or the Union Jack represents Swansea in any way. I get that plenty people identify as British but given the Union Jack is a amalgamation of each flag in the union aside from Wales why would we choose to display it in a Welsh football ground? Its almost seems welcoming to our opposition.

Do those that fly these flags not consider themselves Welsh too? Is there another political agenda at play here? Looking for an explanation of the Swansea Loyalist subculture really.

Tin hat on.
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:26 - Dec 22 with 1150 viewsLoyal

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 01:09 - Dec 22 by STID2017

you did well to see the Swans at that many grounds.
Even counting the likes of Arsenal, Huddersfield, Chester, Wrexham, etc.,, the most I could muster was 48 (5 of those are none-Swans games).
So total respect to you.

I lost interest around 73, all those teams in new grounds just didn't hold the same feelings, I can't go to that many games that don't involve the Swans or Wales, I find them pretty boring.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:32 - Dec 22 with 1143 viewspencoedjack

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 01:09 - Dec 22 by STID2017

you did well to see the Swans at that many grounds.
Even counting the likes of Arsenal, Huddersfield, Chester, Wrexham, etc.,, the most I could muster was 48 (5 of those are none-Swans games).
So total respect to you.

I’m on around 65 with the Swans
Union Jacks & Loyalists on 10:10 - Dec 22 with 1129 viewsSTID2017

Union Jacks & Loyalists on 09:26 - Dec 22 by Loyal

I lost interest around 73, all those teams in new grounds just didn't hold the same feelings, I can't go to that many games that don't involve the Swans or Wales, I find them pretty boring.

Knowing the future plans I have got, I cannot see myself going to so many after this season.
So 70+ seems pretty unattainable to me.
Well done you
BTW - I gave Brentford a miss (what was I thinking !) and made the last minute decision to watch Cardiff v Southampton. I can see what you meant about a boring game there alright.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024