Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Madness NYE 23:48 - Dec 31 with 5984 viewsbonymine

Awesome 👍👍👍
[Post edited 31 Dec 2018 23:48]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Madness NYE on 11:52 - Jan 4 with 1890 viewstheloneranger

Madness NYE on 07:08 - Jan 4 by Andy1300

I was there, if I remember correctly it was May 1980.

A great gig.

They used to get quite a few big bands down there in those days

A great place from the 60's, 70's and 80's ... I saw so many groups play there ...

The Iveys, Eyes of Blue, The Who, Slade, Thin Lizzy, Madness, Elvis Costello, Family, 10cc, Wild Turkey, McGuiness Flint, Pink Floyd, The Kinks, Argent, Man, Fleetwood Mac, Badfinger, Cozy Powell, Budgie, ELO , Iceberg, Tom Jones, Yes, The Troggs , Lindisfarne, Cockney Rebel ...

And many more ...

Going there from Swansea at a very young age you started to take a gumshield for support at the end of the night 😂 ... But then got to know some of the locals 💘😂 as time went by.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Madness NYE on 16:21 - Jan 4 with 1822 viewsAndy1300

Madness NYE on 11:52 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

A great place from the 60's, 70's and 80's ... I saw so many groups play there ...

The Iveys, Eyes of Blue, The Who, Slade, Thin Lizzy, Madness, Elvis Costello, Family, 10cc, Wild Turkey, McGuiness Flint, Pink Floyd, The Kinks, Argent, Man, Fleetwood Mac, Badfinger, Cozy Powell, Budgie, ELO , Iceberg, Tom Jones, Yes, The Troggs , Lindisfarne, Cockney Rebel ...

And many more ...

Going there from Swansea at a very young age you started to take a gumshield for support at the end of the night 😂 ... But then got to know some of the locals 💘😂 as time went by.

I was wearing a wrangler sweatshirt, it had an eagle on it, that was their logo at the time, 4 guys grabbed me and said "you're a Jack" I said "no I'm not" this is wrangler not a Whites top, they let go and went away, I was ever so slightly relieved, I was only 16

Number 1 team in Wales

Madness NYE on 16:39 - Jan 4 with 1816 viewsDarran

And many more ...

There was a few local boys in Wild Turkey.
They supported Black Sabbath on their world tour in the early 70’s

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Madness NYE on 16:50 - Jan 4 with 1807 viewsWingstandwood

Never realised until I had read contributions from others on this thread that so many impressive acts played in Llanelli.

http://www.45worlds.com/live/venue/glen-ballroom
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 16:57]

Argus!

Madness NYE on 17:07 - Jan 4 with 1788 viewsAndy1300

Madness NYE on 16:50 - Jan 4 by Wingstandwood

Never realised until I had read contributions from others on this thread that so many impressive acts played in Llanelli.

Great find, I never realised so many huge acts played there.

I saw Elvis Costello in the top rank in Swansea, great gig, also saw the Police there in 79 and Lene Lovich.

Quite a few new wave/punk bands played the Uni too in those days

Swansea is missing out big time without a decent venue

Number 1 team in Wales

Madness NYE on 17:13 - Jan 4 with 1784 viewstheloneranger

Madness NYE on 16:39 - Jan 4 by Darran

Quite a few of them local boys became part of the massive ins and outs in the group Man.

Madness NYE on 17:22 - Jan 4 with 1772 viewscontroversial_jack

And many more ...

It could be quite lively down there.I remember myself and a guy from Swansea having a tear up with about half a dozen Locals. I just managed to escape with a black eye thanks to my mate who piled into them and drove them off.
Madness NYE on 17:30 - Jan 4 with 1765 viewsDarran

I saw Robert Plant in Cardiff in November and he mentioned a house in Llanelli,it doesn’t actually mention it in this article but he said Llanelli when he was telling the story and he also said they’d light the dope and the room would fill with lovely smoke.
Another time I saw him in Newport he mentioned the Glen Ballroom too.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/26/robert-plant-and-the-sensational-s
[Post edited 4 Jan 2019 17:30]

Login to get fewer ads

Madness NYE on 18:52 - Jan 4 with 1727 viewstheloneranger

And many more ...

I saw The Iveys (who would later become Badfinger) many times around Swansea ... It's so sad what happened to Badfinger and their tragic story, with Peter Ham and Tommy Evans suicides.

Peter and his family used to live approx 50 yards from my home.

Madness NYE on 21:55 - Jan 4 with 1681 viewscontroversial_jack

Madness NYE on 16:39 - Jan 4 by Darran

The late Gary Pickford Hopkin from Neath was lead singer
Madness NYE on 22:03 - Jan 4 with 1670 viewsDarran

Madness NYE on 18:52 - Jan 4 by theloneranger

I saw The Iveys (who would later become Badfinger) many times around Swansea ... It's so sad what happened to Badfinger and their tragic story, with Peter Ham and Tommy Evans suicides.

Peter and his family used to live approx 50 yards from my home.

I’ve collected loads of photos from Port Talbot Library over the last couple of years.
This is The Iveys in 1965.

Madness NYE on 22:05 - Jan 4 with 1667 viewsDarran

This is The Corncrackers in 1965 with Deke Leonard.

Madness NYE on 22:11 - Jan 4 with 1661 viewsDarran

Madness NYE on 21:55 - Jan 4 by controversial_jack

The late Gary Pickford Hopkin from Neath was lead singer

Madness NYE on 23:56 - Jan 4 with 1634 viewslifelong

Alvin Stardust played there on Saturday, 22nd February, 1975.
Madness NYE on 00:20 - Jan 5 with 1622 viewstheloneranger

Madness NYE on 22:03 - Jan 4 by Darran

I’ve collected loads of photos from Port Talbot Library over the last couple of years.
This is The Iveys in 1965.

👍👍

Peter Ham, Ron Griffiths, Mike Gibbins, Dai Jenkins

Madness NYE on 11:09 - Jan 5 with 1547 viewscontroversial_jack

Madness NYE on 22:11 - Jan 4 by Darran

A really nice guy too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024