Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals 14:58 - May 10 with 7164 viewsjasper_T

New contracts for Matt Blake (2 years), Josh Gould and Tom Price (1 year).

One year extension clauses activated for Liam Cullen and Kieran Evans.

First pro deals offered to Mason Jones-Thomas, Cameron Evans, Daniel Williams and Marc Walsh.

Ryan Blair, Keston Davies, Tyler Reid, Adam King, Adnan Maric and Jack Withers released as I expected. But Aaron Lewis I did not.

Plus Nathan Shepperd signing for Brentford after his scholarship ended.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/new-deals-offered-young-swans-0
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:07 - May 10 with 5938 viewsjackrmee

So how does it work with the academy?
Where will we get replacements for the released guys? Step-up from u18s?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:13 - May 10 with 5910 viewsBadlands

Surprised Tyler has been released!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:17 - May 10 with 5899 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:07 - May 10 by jackrmee

So how does it work with the academy?
Where will we get replacements for the released guys? Step-up from u18s?

That's how it's supposed to work. Most of the released players haven't featured much since January with younger players making the step up in preparation.

It's still a decent-sized squad when you include the first team fringe players like Harries, Asoro and Dhanda, and the players still on scholarships like Rushesha who looks to be our only right back now.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:20 - May 10 with 5884 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Maric got game time last season in the A cup didn't he? Having not featured at all this season, it's not a surprise. Any view's on why he didn't push on Jasper?

I thought Aaron Lewis was meant to be handy & not too far away from the 1st team?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:39 - May 10 with 5824 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:20 - May 10 by AustinIsOurHero

Maric got game time last season in the A cup didn't he? Having not featured at all this season, it's not a surprise. Any view's on why he didn't push on Jasper?

I thought Aaron Lewis was meant to be handy & not too far away from the 1st team?

Always looked the part physically: big, strong, good engine. Would scrap, carry the ball and chip in with goals. But he could only really play one role as a rampaging box to box player. Anything requiring more discipline or finesse saw him disappear from games. Loses the ball a lot for a midfield player, always wanting to run with it full speed. Had some shockers with his passing this season.

Last season he played where Byers is now for the first team, while Byers played as a 10. Potter and Reid have clearly had a good look at him since the preseason tour and sussed out who the better footballer is. He cost a lot of money to bring in, supposedly. Honestly should have been nowhere near that cup team last season, but he had his supporters at the club.

Hopefully Aaron Lewis has something lined up in League One/Two. He's a player I like. Better on the ball than Connor, but athletically some way off.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 16:37 - May 10 with 5733 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 17:49 - May 10 with 5589 viewsKilkennyjack

Jasper - thanks for the info.

Looks like (mostly) its a significant clear out of the players we brought in from elsewhere...?

Beware of the Risen People

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 18:32 - May 10 with 5499 viewsjack_lord

One of those gets a £500 pound monthly living allowance for living at home. I would be having a word with the finance people about how the club are wasting money.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 18:33 - May 10 with 5497 viewsglanmorjak

Aaron is a better f/back than Declan but he will get another contract in the EFL, perhaps at Donny.
Extended contracts over the years to Blair, Davies, King and Reid just indicates how poor our recognition and recruitment that stinks of Jenkins has been.
What difference is another season going to make for Cullen, unless he goes out on loan, while Kieran Evans flatters to deceive on the ball, has zero pace and struggles to play 90 minutes.
Are Tom Price and Dan Willian’s really going to improve or have they been given another year just to bulk out the U23 squad?
2 years for Blake! Amazing. A very good left foot but about as mobile as an oil tanker
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 19:47 - May 10 with 5359 viewslonglostjack

Genuine question here. Was Dan James ever being talked about as being the next big thing two seasons ago ? If so I must have missed it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 19:48 - May 10 with 5356 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 18:33 - May 10 by glanmorjak

Aaron is a better f/back than Declan but he will get another contract in the EFL, perhaps at Donny.
Extended contracts over the years to Blair, Davies, King and Reid just indicates how poor our recognition and recruitment that stinks of Jenkins has been.
What difference is another season going to make for Cullen, unless he goes out on loan, while Kieran Evans flatters to deceive on the ball, has zero pace and struggles to play 90 minutes.
Are Tom Price and Dan Willian’s really going to improve or have they been given another year just to bulk out the U23 squad?
2 years for Blake! Amazing. A very good left foot but about as mobile as an oil tanker

I prefer Tom Price to Simon Paulet. Two footed, works his socks off. Less dopey mistakes. Needs to play deeper roles rather than these attacking/wide midfield experiments, though.

Dan Williams hasn't been given a run at u23s level yet, just a couple of cup appearances here and there, but like Mason he's technically a level above his teammates in the u18s. Worth a year.

Agree with K. Evans. Takes too many touches on the ball. Talented footballer but too rarely plays effective football. Gets a lot of... "coaching" from Toshack on the sidelines during games.

Cullen was the golden boy, wasn't he, taking his time to come good. Tidy scoring record this season. Better than CBR last season, in a far worse team.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 19:59 - May 10 with 5339 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 19:47 - May 10 by longlostjack

Genuine question here. Was Dan James ever being talked about as being the next big thing two seasons ago ? If so I must have missed it.

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/esports/football-manager/fm-16-premier-leag

That was my first year doing the data for them, summer of 2015. 3 out of 4 (so far) ain't bad.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 20:53 - May 10 with 5242 viewsKilkennyjack

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 19:59 - May 10 by jasper_T

https://realsport101.com/news/sports/esports/football-manager/fm-16-premier-leag

That was my first year doing the data for them, summer of 2015. 3 out of 4 (so far) ain't bad.

Well done Jasper.

Yes, I think big Joe and Dan always had that little bit extra.
Well done on Grimes, outstanding this year at Championship level.

You know an awful lot more than the people making big expensive decisions - below first team level - at our club. Fact.

👍

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 20:57 - May 10 with 5229 viewsItchySphincter

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 15:13 - May 10 by Badlands

Surprised Tyler has been released!

I'm not.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 21:16 - May 10 with 5196 viewsGriffting

How is Cullen getting on? I remember him being talked up quite a lot
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 21:39 - May 10 with 5155 viewslonglostjack

Good shout. Have you been doing 16 17 and 18 Jasper? On another note who the feck does the data for Werder Bremen? Garcia 😂. As TNT will confirm , young Johannes Maxi’s little brother was and is the one to watch. They also think very highly of Josh.
[Post edited 10 May 2019 21:41]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 22:15 - May 10 with 5092 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 21:39 - May 10 by longlostjack

Good shout. Have you been doing 16 17 and 18 Jasper? On another note who the feck does the data for Werder Bremen? Garcia 😂. As TNT will confirm , young Johannes Maxi’s little brother was and is the one to watch. They also think very highly of Josh.
[Post edited 10 May 2019 21:41]

I stepped away during the depressing Bob Bradley era but was asked back after we got relegated. So 16, 17 and 19. Work on 20 well under way.

I don't speak enough German to understand what they're up to over there, unfortunately. Every nation has its own team and standards do vary, even among the bigger competitions.

I can't take credit for predicting Grimes. He just come in from Exeter and I did what I was told.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 22:26 - May 10 with 5067 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 21:16 - May 10 by Griffting

How is Cullen getting on? I remember him being talked up quite a lot

Struggled last season. Style of play suited strong target men rather than smaller poachers, so he was getting minutes on the wing as often as not, and he had a few injuries iirc.

Better this season. Was the main man for a good run. Scoring touch returned. Works hard. But other forward players like Oliver Cooper and Mason Jones-Thomas have adapted faster than Cullen did, finding ways to be effective within a handful of games rather than a season+.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 06:08 - May 11 with 4874 viewsglanmorjak

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 18:33 - May 10 by glanmorjak

Simon Paulet played consistently for Belgium's U19 team last season and I wouldn't give up on him yet. He struggled with the physical side of the game this season but he does possess enough on the ball, plus pace, to hopefully make progress.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 08:04 - May 11 with 4807 viewsKilkennyjack

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 06:08 - May 11 by glanmorjak

Simon Paulet played consistently for Belgium's U19 team last season and I wouldn't give up on him yet. He struggled with the physical side of the game this season but he does possess enough on the ball, plus pace, to hopefully make progress.

Can we as a club afford to gamble on players from Belgium who are not yet first team players ?

The lot we just released should be a caution , not to forget that we are skint and getting skinter.

We are a mid table Championship club ffs.

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 09:28 - May 11 with 4702 views34dfgdf54

When will Jack Evans be back involved in u23s?

Obviously his health his the main priority here, was just wondering if a time frame has been given yet.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 09:53 - May 11 with 4679 viewsjackrmee

That's fuking class mate!
How do you even get that job? Do you watch every u23 match?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 10:26 - May 11 with 4650 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 09:53 - May 11 by jackrmee

That's fuking class mate!
How do you even get that job? Do you watch every u23 match?

I watch what's available to watch. Not many clubs are like ours in streaming (almost) every u23s game for free, home and away. Everton just won a league and cup double and barely even tweet about them.
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 11:11 - May 11 with 4611 viewsglanmorjak

EA Sports were advertising for someone to input stats on the Swans players last year. A lot of personal data was required like height, weight etc., did you get permission from the club? Especially as that sort of info is not reliable on the web
(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 12:47 - May 11 with 4545 viewsjasper_T

(Some) Young Swans offered new deals on 11:11 - May 11 by glanmorjak

EA Sports were advertising for someone to input stats on the Swans players last year. A lot of personal data was required like height, weight etc., did you get permission from the club? Especially as that sort of info is not reliable on the web

Sports Interactive only have deals with certain clubs and governing bodies so researchers are required not to contact clubs for anything (directly). Officially-supplied information and data happens above my pay grade.

Height and weight are eyeballed. Often more reliable than going by how tall players claim they are.

EA Sports downgraded DJ's speed at the start of this season. Outside the top European clubs they've never seemed too fussed. They make their money on people gambling to get Messis and Ronaldos out of sticker packs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024