Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Wade showing that NFL is easy... 11:29 - Aug 9 with 5287 viewsBanosswan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/49289561

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Christian Wade showing that NFL is easy... on 08:25 - Aug 10 with 1617 viewsBarrySwan

Christian Wade showing that NFL is easy... on 00:09 - Aug 10 by Ebo

I remember seeing this documentary once with 2 NFL players training with St Helens and they were absolutely useless. Spewing after first training session, Look at the amount of breaks in play compared to league. You can see why league players are so fit as it's non stop.

I haven't mentioned anything about fitness other than to point out that the American rugby players that I played with were of the opinion that many of their football colleagues wouldn't last 5 minutes in a rugby game.

What i did say is that those ex American footballers who switched to Rugby and played rugby for some time along with the rest of the tream were absolutely fearless to the point of recklessness which kind of knocks on the head the 'All americans are wimps who need padding' theory doesnt it?

On a side note the first game I played for the team that i played fior was absolutely ferocious physically and towards the end of the game with me looking forward to a shower and a pasty and the ensuing rest of the afternoon /evening traditional drinks I noticed another team turning up and start getting changed on the sidelines.

Thats a touch odd I thought, and nearly fainted when it was explained to me that they were our next opponents who we were playing 10 minutes after the end of the game that were were currently playing.

I lasted until half time in the second game before crying enough, and then watched with astonishment as towards the end of the second game yet another team turned up and got ready to play our boys in a third and final game ( all full 80 minute games) and all played to a high level of physicality.

So as mentioned I don't really buy the 'All americans are softies who need padding ' line but would agree that some ( Not all ) American football players would struggle for fitness in a rugby game.

As regards an American football team v Rugby at both codes which some people suggest they would like to see.

Its never going to happen is it? So why keep suggesting it?
[Post edited 10 Aug 2019 8:27]
Christian Wade showing that NFL is easy... on 13:29 - Aug 17 with 1529 viewsBanosswan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-7366515/Christian-Wade-lights-NFL-

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Christian Wade showing that NFL is easy... on 13:44 - Aug 17 with 1515 viewsbluey_the_blue

"Collected the ball" arf!

Nicely designed play, found the seam in a zone defence, poor tackle attempt by the linebacker. Very nice balance on Wade's part for the second tackle attempt - two Panthers got in the way of each other. Then on, he's running in space which we know he's good at.

Looking at the rest of the stat, 2 carries for 4 yards. Workload's not going to improve as pre-season goes on. He's not handling punt returns, so the question then is if his contribution on special teams would be enough and for me, he's not a tackler.

He's shown flashes of quality with ball in hand when he has space. Don't think anything would doubt that but with a loaded Bill backfield, he's not going to be on the roster.
Christian Wade showing that NFL is easy... on 16:09 - Aug 17 with 1482 viewsCaptain_Sham

From the NFL.com synopsis

RUGBY STAR CREATES TIDAL WAVE

Perhaps the best offensive play came from a former English rugby player, Christian Wade, who caught a swing pass from Tyree Jackson and broke four tackles en route to a 48-yard gain before being tackled near the goal line.

''Awesome,'' McDermott said with a smile. ''I could feel the sideline like a tidal wave about to come over me.''

The 28-year-old Wade is a long shot to make the Bills - he's seventh on the depth chart - but is hoping to defy the odds after scoring 82 tries in premiership rugby, the top division in England.

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024