Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The lib dems 16:00 - Sep 15 with 9737 viewsrockinjk

I have to say they’re impressing me - they seem to have grown up as a party. The more they attract talent like Sam Gyimah etc makes me think they could govern

One Nation conservatives like myself and moderate social democrats should get behind them. This isn’t just Brexit, it’s time for a change.

If this momentum continues I wouldn’t say chucking a tenner on them winning is out of bounds. We are in strange times.

I hope people are brave in the coming election and don’t revert to type
The lib dems on 21:51 - Sep 18 with 848 viewsCatullus

The lib dems on 14:13 - Sep 18 by Highjack

Because they know they’d lose.

More than that, they didn't want to take a chance on Boris gaining a majority so he could claim a mandate for no deal brexit. They wanted to be sure no deal was outlawed first. It's a skewed premise because if he had a majority of loyal MP's, well you know.

It's ironic that these defenders of democracy only believe in democracy when it'll deliver the result they want.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The lib dems on 23:13 - Sep 18 with 817 viewsDJack

The lib dems on 21:51 - Sep 18 by Catullus

More than that, they didn't want to take a chance on Boris gaining a majority so he could claim a mandate for no deal brexit. They wanted to be sure no deal was outlawed first. It's a skewed premise because if he had a majority of loyal MP's, well you know.

It's ironic that these defenders of democracy only believe in democracy when it'll deliver the result they want.

If he wanted a mandate he could have stalled Brexit, called a General Election and then do a hard/soft Brexit...that would have been democracy in action.

What he chose to do, was limit Parliments scutiny, give himself a chance/ability to delay any action and force through a no deal Brexit...TOTALLY undemocratic, so shove your misdirection up your arse. Yes, democracy in this coutry has taken a massive blow but the worst of it has come from the Consevatives and nowhere else.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The lib dems on 23:16 - Sep 18 with 814 viewsHighjack

The lib dems on 23:13 - Sep 18 by DJack

If he wanted a mandate he could have stalled Brexit, called a General Election and then do a hard/soft Brexit...that would have been democracy in action.

What he chose to do, was limit Parliments scutiny, give himself a chance/ability to delay any action and force through a no deal Brexit...TOTALLY undemocratic, so shove your misdirection up your arse. Yes, democracy in this coutry has taken a massive blow but the worst of it has come from the Consevatives and nowhere else.

It’s come from the lot of them, unfortunately.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The lib dems on 23:39 - Sep 18 with 803 viewsDJack

The lib dems on 23:16 - Sep 18 by Highjack

It’s come from the lot of them, unfortunately.

Mate, I must take issue with you here. You are spouting the populists "both side lie" bullshit (not saying that you are populist BTW).

There is concerted action to lie to manipulate the arguement and there is spin and the occasional bad actor...guess which side was which!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The lib dems on 00:29 - Sep 19 with 789 viewsHighjack

The lib dems on 23:39 - Sep 18 by DJack

Mate, I must take issue with you here. You are spouting the populists "both side lie" bullshit (not saying that you are populist BTW).

There is concerted action to lie to manipulate the arguement and there is spin and the occasional bad actor...guess which side was which!

All sides lie. It’s the nature of the beast. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the political arena. To see the anti Tory, anti austerity, anti brexit masses skipping hand in hand with the Lib Dem’s when they were complicit with all those things every step of the way is utterly bewildering to me. They got into bed with the Tories for a sniff of power. They broke their key policy pledges to keep that power. They consistently voted with the Tories to offload austerity onto the nation, they were the first and most vociferous ones to campaign for an in/out EU referendum. When they got that referendum they all lined up to say they’d honour the result then the moment it became clear they had lost they slammed into reverse and threw their toys out of the pram. To say it’s only the Tories' (who are also c*nts) is just plain wrong. How can people forget what the Lib Dem’s did in coalition government? It was only four years ago.

And don’t get me started on Labour who are as much use as an inflatable dartboard...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The lib dems on 01:35 - Sep 19 with 784 viewsDJack

The lib dems on 00:29 - Sep 19 by Highjack

All sides lie. It’s the nature of the beast. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the political arena. To see the anti Tory, anti austerity, anti brexit masses skipping hand in hand with the Lib Dem’s when they were complicit with all those things every step of the way is utterly bewildering to me. They got into bed with the Tories for a sniff of power. They broke their key policy pledges to keep that power. They consistently voted with the Tories to offload austerity onto the nation, they were the first and most vociferous ones to campaign for an in/out EU referendum. When they got that referendum they all lined up to say they’d honour the result then the moment it became clear they had lost they slammed into reverse and threw their toys out of the pram. To say it’s only the Tories' (who are also c*nts) is just plain wrong. How can people forget what the Lib Dem’s did in coalition government? It was only four years ago.

And don’t get me started on Labour who are as much use as an inflatable dartboard...

Once again...there is the lie that gets you in power but there are now lies which will fùck this coutry up for 40-50 years (pointed out by JRM as the timeframe for Brexit to work).

And then you go with the whataboutism...sad and delusional.

The lib dems on 07:28 - Sep 19 with 723 viewsHighjack

The lib dems on 01:35 - Sep 19 by DJack

Once again...there is the lie that gets you in power but there are now lies which will fùck this coutry up for 40-50 years (pointed out by JRM as the timeframe for Brexit to work).

And then you go with the whataboutism...sad and delusional.

Whataboutism? It’s a thread about the Lib Dem’s mun!

The lib dems on 09:21 - Sep 19 with 699 viewsperchrockjack

Gents.
Surely,our opinions are formed according to our political adherences.

Labour voters will find it impossible to be objective as will Tories. It is what kills us. Nothing good ever comes from tory scum etc,etc.The Conservative voters tend to be more subtle and circumspect but many will heap contempt of pleb labour voters

ALL politicians lie.

Get over that and we get somewhere

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024