Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Renationalise the Railways! 11:35 - Sep 29 with 2179 viewslonglostjack

Slowly making progress to Stansted. Abergavenny to Newport. Service terminated Cwmbran. No mention of this on App. Arrive Cwmbran bus hadn’t turned up. Complete confusion. Replacement bus after much fussing around. Arrive at back of Newport station. An hour wait for replacement bus to Bristol Parkway. Old lady says she needs to get to the front of the station. Smirking security guard says “You’ll just have to walk around then luv”. People arrive and ask for the time of next replacement bus to Cheltenham. They are told that Cross Country trains haven’t given any information and to just wait until a bus arrives. Lesson learnt. Rental car next time.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 11:38]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Renationalise the Railways! on 17:59 - Sep 29 with 587 viewssherpajacob

Renationalise the Railways! on 13:31 - Sep 29 by longlostjack

Yes thanks mate. I’ve allowed plenty of time.

what time on Wednesday do you have to check in?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Renationalise the Railways! on 18:05 - Sep 29 with 575 viewsAnotherJohn

Renationalise the Railways! on 17:47 - Sep 29 by Kilkennyjack

Yes good idea.

Thatcher sold off everything with British in it.
None of it got better, but her shareholder friends got richer.

Don't let Johnson do the same to our NHS.

Nobody opposes privatisation in the NHS more than I do. But where is the NHS in Kilkenny? Perhaps you could give the uninitiated an idea of how the healthcare system is financed in the RoI and what proportion of people have private medical insurance?
Renationalise the Railways! on 19:07 - Sep 29 with 522 viewsjacks777

Renationalise the Railways! on 12:56 - Sep 29 by longlostjack

Yes. My own fault I know. Just didn’t think when I bought the return ticket! Anyway have finally made it to Bristol Parkway. As for Bluey’s point. Since when have Network Rail been responsible for putting on and coordinating alternative transport? What ever happened to that other great privatization success story, Railtrack?
[Post edited 29 Sep 2019 12:56]

You are thick as shite 😂
Renationalise the Railways! on 10:20 - Sep 30 with 441 viewscontroversial_jack

It's no better going anywhere by road.The last few times I have travelled to Bristol airport there has been long delays on the M4, and once the M5 was closed so had to through Bristol, that wasn't a nice experience even on a sunday afternoon

I've just come back from Greece. over 1000 miles and not a delay until i hit the M4 at Margam and it was closed.I
Renationalise the Railways! on 12:51 - Sep 30 with 422 viewssquarebear

The other Saturday I needed to get from Swansea to Sleaford in Lincolnshire.

It's 4.5 hours by car. I figured the train journey might be around 6 or 7 hours.

Nope. There were three rail replacement buses. Total estimated journey time was a remarkable 37 hours.

I opted to drive.
Renationalise the Railways! on 13:25 - Sep 30 with 398 viewsHighjack

Renationalise the Railways! on 12:51 - Sep 30 by squarebear

It's 4.5 hours by car. I figured the train journey might be around 6 or 7 hours.

Nope. There were three rail replacement buses. Total estimated journey time was a remarkable 37 hours.

I opted to drive.

You could probably walk there in that time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Renationalise the Railways! on 18:50 - Sep 30 with 341 viewsoldtownjack

Renationalise the Railways! on 12:51 - Sep 30 by squarebear

I opted to drive.

Bluey will be along in a minute to tell you how it used to take a week and a half under British Rail.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2019 18:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024