Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilder - Ortiz 14:39 - Nov 24 with 1759 viewsbluey_the_blue

Hell of a punch by Wilder but he's a shit boxer.

Schooled again by a 40 ( since Cuban, add another 10 years ), relying upon a single punch. No defence.

If Fury had any serious power in his punches, then no way it would have gone to points where he got screwed.
Wilder - Ortiz on 19:15 - Nov 24 with 1680 viewsperplex

Well many have outboxed him untill he catches them cleanly, Fury outboxed him but was very close to getting stopped, in the rematch Fury will have to outbox him again for 12 rounds which is a long time without being caught cleanly my money will be on Wilder putting away in the rematch.
Wilder - Ortiz on 19:18 - Nov 24 with 1670 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wilder - Ortiz on 19:15 - Nov 24 by perplex

Well many have outboxed him untill he catches them cleanly, Fury outboxed him but was very close to getting stopped, in the rematch Fury will have to outbox him again for 12 rounds which is a long time without being caught cleanly my money will be on Wilder putting away in the rematch.

Ortiz was catching him clean. Someone with more power, Wilder is toast.
Wilder - Ortiz on 19:28 - Nov 24 with 1652 viewsBest_loser

If as some say, heavyweight boxing has become a pantomime, wilder wears the best costumes
Wilder - Ortiz on 19:36 - Nov 24 with 1635 viewsbluey_the_blue

Certainly hidden his limitations.

First fight vs Ortiz should've been stopped. Second fight, being schooled. That's a 40 year old Cuban - and if they claim a Cuban boxer is 40, you can guarantee almost certainly nearer 50.

Couldn't stop Fury, lost that fight but got home decision.
Wilder - Ortiz on 20:19 - Nov 24 with 1615 viewswaynekerr55

Wilder - Ortiz on 19:15 - Nov 24 by perplex

The Gypsy King has more bouts under his belt and will be sharper and will walk the next one by a wide decision
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 20:55]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Wilder - Ortiz on 20:24 - Nov 24 with 1608 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wilder - Ortiz on 20:19 - Nov 24 by waynekerr55

The Gypsy King has more bouts under his belt and will be sharper and will walk the next one by a wide decision
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 20:55]

Nice bit of casual racism there.

Poll: Tory leader

Wilder - Ortiz on 20:55 - Nov 24 with 1589 viewswaynekerr55

Wilder - Ortiz on 20:24 - Nov 24 by exiledclaseboy

Nice bit of casual racism there.

Sorry, should've said Gypsy King. Fúcking loves the guy though, not that it excuses that term.

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:12 - Nov 24 with 1564 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wilder - Ortiz on 20:55 - Nov 24 by waynekerr55

Sorry, should've said Gypsy King. Fúcking loves the guy though, not that it excuses that term.

What are you apologising for? He calls himself that. Has it on his shorts and is introduced as that when he walks into the ring?

As for Wilder, sh1t boxer, but that right hand is a legit top 5 ATG power punch and levels the whole playing field

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:23 - Nov 24 with 1548 viewsperplex

Wilder - Ortiz on 19:18 - Nov 24 by bluey_the_blue

Ortiz was catching him clean. Someone with more power, Wilder is toast.

Well that's Fury out of the equation then🤔
Wilder - Ortiz on 21:25 - Nov 24 with 1539 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:23 - Nov 24 by perplex

Well that's Fury out of the equation then🤔

I know his chin has been exposed but if he beats Ruiz, imo AJ matches up well against Wilder. He's the boxing skills to expose Wilders defence, does have more power than Fury or Ortiz.

All Wilder can do is load up that right hand and hope to get a shot off. Works against his normal low level of competition, but an elderly Ortiz caused him problems, Fury beat him...

I'm even wondering if someone like a Parker might cause him problems - has a chin, can box, seems to avoid tearups.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 21:26]
Wilder - Ortiz on 21:27 - Nov 24 with 1535 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:25 - Nov 24 by bluey_the_blue

I know his chin has been exposed but if he beats Ruiz, imo AJ matches up well against Wilder. He's the boxing skills to expose Wilders defence, does have more power than Fury or Ortiz.

All Wilder can do is load up that right hand and hope to get a shot off. Works against his normal low level of competition, but an elderly Ortiz caused him problems, Fury beat him...

I'm even wondering if someone like a Parker might cause him problems - has a chin, can box, seems to avoid tearups.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2019 21:26]

The big stiff idiot gets KTFO within 3 if he fights Wilder imo. Horrible match up for him. Slow, upright, poor head movement. Moves in straight lines when under pressure and doesnt know when to tie up.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:30 - Nov 24 with 1527 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:27 - Nov 24 by PozuelosSideys

The big stiff idiot gets KTFO within 3 if he fights Wilder imo. Horrible match up for him. Slow, upright, poor head movement. Moves in straight lines when under pressure and doesnt know when to tie up.

Not sure I'd necessarily agree. Think he could do with losing a bit of muscle mass, does strike me that loses him some flexibility. He gets caught, he's almost certainly out. Think he could use the jab more at times, agree on not tying up.

I'm still intrigued as to where Parker really fits in to things. He'd benefit greatly from better coaching imo, can take a punch but I'd like to see more offensive output.
Wilder - Ortiz on 21:34 - Nov 24 with 1523 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:30 - Nov 24 by bluey_the_blue

Not sure I'd necessarily agree. Think he could do with losing a bit of muscle mass, does strike me that loses him some flexibility. He gets caught, he's almost certainly out. Think he could use the jab more at times, agree on not tying up.

I'm still intrigued as to where Parker really fits in to things. He'd benefit greatly from better coaching imo, can take a punch but I'd like to see more offensive output.

He will do well to get past Ruiz. I completely agree about losing some of that muscle mass. Hes like a robot.

Parker is overrated a.f. Usyk will be the interesting one. I dont see anyone other than Fury or Usyk getting to Wilder. Whyte is too fragile and i think Chisora wont be able to take the power.

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:41 - Nov 24 with 1516 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:34 - Nov 24 by PozuelosSideys

He will do well to get past Ruiz. I completely agree about losing some of that muscle mass. Hes like a robot.

Parker is overrated a.f. Usyk will be the interesting one. I dont see anyone other than Fury or Usyk getting to Wilder. Whyte is too fragile and i think Chisora wont be able to take the power.

I used to agree about Parker, having seen some footage from his fights in NZ< thought he was just fighting bums, had little to offer.

AJ fight, he didn't really engage, took some good shots. That'll take you far. I think there's something about him, sure, but I'm struggling to work out in my mind how good he is offensively. I've yet to see him really open up at highest level. That's why I'd like to see him with better coaching. I'd say his floor right now is almost as a gatekeeper, someone you beat to get into title contention.

Chisora has had a good reinvention but I don't really rate him. Will have tearups, sure but eh... Whyte I'd say the same but is a level above Chisora.

Usyk is the interesting one as you say. I'm just not sure if he could take the power of Wilder, he'd certainly outbox and frustrate him. Also not sure he has the power at heavyweight level. After all, Bellew made sure the only HW he faced was someone who was realistically a cruiserweight.
Wilder - Ortiz on 21:50 - Nov 24 with 1503 viewsPozuelosSideys

Yeah Parker just goes into his shell. Hes not elite at HW.

I call out Usyk and Fury as the only ones who stand a chance as they are pure boxers and move well. Thats what will beat Wilder, if they can stay out the way of that right hand you stand a big chance. Ortiz showed that twice until he needed his zimmer frame. A puncher going into a shoot out with Wilder loses. Hes so awkward and uncoventional he must be a nightmare.

That said, i have high hopes for Daniel Dubois over the next couple of years. Hes only 20, but he looks promising

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:54 - Nov 24 with 1498 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:50 - Nov 24 by PozuelosSideys

Yeah Parker just goes into his shell. Hes not elite at HW.

I call out Usyk and Fury as the only ones who stand a chance as they are pure boxers and move well. Thats what will beat Wilder, if they can stay out the way of that right hand you stand a big chance. Ortiz showed that twice until he needed his zimmer frame. A puncher going into a shoot out with Wilder loses. Hes so awkward and uncoventional he must be a nightmare.

That said, i have high hopes for Daniel Dubois over the next couple of years. Hes only 20, but he looks promising

Is that because of how Parker is coached or his limitations? I can't say either way. I suspect the former with a little bit of the latter mixed in.

Tend to agree somewhat, Wilder can easily be outboxed... but... Ortiz was landing at will. Wilder has no defence. Heavy hitters able to avoid that right hand can beat Wilder too. The problem with trying to outbox is that tends to lend itself more to a points decision and, well, given he's the only American with a heavyweight title, you could knock him down every round and still lose every round on the scorecards.

Not seen Dubois, have to see if I can Youtube the guy.
Wilder - Ortiz on 22:01 - Nov 24 with 1491 viewsPozuelosSideys

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:54 - Nov 24 by bluey_the_blue

Is that because of how Parker is coached or his limitations? I can't say either way. I suspect the former with a little bit of the latter mixed in.

Tend to agree somewhat, Wilder can easily be outboxed... but... Ortiz was landing at will. Wilder has no defence. Heavy hitters able to avoid that right hand can beat Wilder too. The problem with trying to outbox is that tends to lend itself more to a points decision and, well, given he's the only American with a heavyweight title, you could knock him down every round and still lose every round on the scorecards.

Not seen Dubois, have to see if I can Youtube the guy.

I just think hes too timid. He came built up this hard hitting, teak tough Maori fella, kinda like David Tua Mkii

Turns out he can be punch shy, doesnt bang many fighters out and doesnt seem keen to engage. Oh and got put down by Whyte. I mean hes decent, but he really aint all that. That said, just my opinion.

Theres plenty of him on youtube. Hes still a bit raw. But hes improving quickly.

Wilder - Ortiz on 22:04 - Nov 24 with 1486 viewsbluey_the_blue

Wilder - Ortiz on 22:01 - Nov 24 by PozuelosSideys

I just think hes too timid. He came built up this hard hitting, teak tough Maori fella, kinda like David Tua Mkii

Turns out he can be punch shy, doesnt bang many fighters out and doesnt seem keen to engage. Oh and got put down by Whyte. I mean hes decent, but he really aint all that. That said, just my opinion.

Theres plenty of him on youtube. Hes still a bit raw. But hes improving quickly.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about Parker, I'm still not certain if that's down to how he's coached. His chin isn't that bad from what I've seen. It's just... he can unload when he needs to, like the last round against Whyte. I'd like to see more of that from him. It's as if the gameplan is to avoid that, so I'd say that's down to the trainers.

From what I briefly saw, like the look of Dubois but as always, needs to face better competition before can really determine his ceiling.
Wilder - Ortiz on 18:37 - Nov 25 with 1397 viewswaynekerr55

Wilder - Ortiz on 21:12 - Nov 24 by PozuelosSideys

What are you apologising for? He calls himself that. Has it on his shorts and is introduced as that when he walks into the ring?

As for Wilder, sh1t boxer, but that right hand is a legit top 5 ATG power punch and levels the whole playing field

I referred to him as the pikey originally

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024