Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In what other business would this happen ? 08:55 - Jan 4 with 4942 viewsfrancos16

There is this candidate he has played over 350 games at the highest level, represented his country over 40 times . Assistant Manager for National Team 40 plus occasions and has been Assistant Manager at Premiership level over 570 games ( standing in as Interim Manager on 2 occasions ) .
He applies for the Swansea position in May 2019 and attends an initial interview with the Chairman. He is initially informed by the Club that they are very impressed and enthusiastic by his presentation and will look to meet ‘ in the shortness of time ‘ to further discuss the position . He receives no further contact whatsoever .
He subsequently learns that he has been passed over for an under 17 Manager who has absolutely no Managerial experience in the senior professional game .
Undeterred he is appointed in a like capacity by a rival club who see some merit in his experience . After 14 games he has 8 wins , 3 draws and 3 defeats ( two of those defeats by a single goal to Leeds and Brentford) . 27 points out of a possible 45 which statistically puts him in the top two performing Managers in the Championship, since his appointment in mid October 2019.
Symptomatic of the chaos which prevails in this Club !!!!
In what other business would this happen ? on 22:35 - Jan 4 with 827 viewsTNT

In what other business would this happen ? on 22:32 - Jan 4 by francos16

I remain eternally grateful therefore that the democratic society I and others of my particular fought for , still allows opinions of whatever perceived nature

You're absolutely entitled to your opinion, mate. Crack on.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

In what other business would this happen ? on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 806 viewsQJumpingJack

From the OP - the only thing I would question is the poor communication from the Swans.
If an interview took place, the club should have contacted him to inform he had not been successful.
In what other business would this happen ? on 01:20 - Jan 5 with 730 viewsJacket

Two points:
1. Appointing Bowen would have been hugely unpopular amongst the fans, as it initially was by Reading fans.
2. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024