Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steelworkers 10:31 - Mar 22 with 1568 viewsCountyJim

if there did come a lock down would some steelworkers be required in

I know because I've worked on Coke ovens you have to push a minimum amount of ovens a day and Blast Furnace need so many in on safety such as Keepers and water men

But not seen them on Key workers lists
Steelworkers on 10:35 - Mar 22 with 1113 viewsNeath_Jack

That's because they aren't key workers.

You are referring to process operations and process safety.

Do a couple of salamander taps on the furnaces and turn them off if it comes to it.

I can't see it coming to that, they'd surely let a skeleton crew in to keep things "ticking over". You never know though, unprecedented times.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Steelworkers on 10:43 - Mar 22 with 1095 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 10:35 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

Do a couple of salamander taps on the furnaces and turn them off if it comes to it.

I can't see it coming to that, they'd surely let a skeleton crew in to keep things "ticking over". You never know though, unprecedented times.

Rolling flat out, mate. Demand for tinplate is rocketing toward a new high on account of muppets everywhere panic-buying on the eve of their illusory Armageddon.

Every cloud, as they say...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Steelworkers on 10:52 - Mar 22 with 1074 viewsCountyJim

Steelworkers on 10:35 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

Well I know during the Steel strike they had to let Coke ovens lads through the picket lines
Steelworkers on 10:58 - Mar 22 with 1060 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 10:52 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Well I know during the Steel strike they had to let Coke ovens lads through the picket lines

Same thing in ‘84 with mining engineers. They had to keep the pumps running or there would have been nothing left to return to.

Steelworkers on 11:04 - Mar 22 with 1043 viewsCountyJim

Steelworkers on 10:58 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Same thing in ‘84 with mining engineers. They had to keep the pumps running or there would have been nothing left to return to.

Yes what I'm getting at is steelworkers or some will have to be added to key workers list

Otherwise the police may not let them into work
Steelworkers on 11:08 - Mar 22 with 1032 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 11:04 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Yes what I'm getting at is steelworkers or some will have to be added to key workers list

Otherwise the police may not let them into work

We had a joint communique from Community and Unite yesterday to say exactly that has happened, Jim.

Bloody canteens are shut though!

Steelworkers on 11:08 - Mar 22 with 1032 viewsSwanjaxs

If lockdown (when) comes into effect I was under the impression that you still had to attend work?

Lockdown is to curb social activities, basically anything other than essential (pharmacy, food shopping, petrol ect)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Steelworkers on 11:13 - Mar 22 with 1018 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 11:08 - Mar 22 by Swanjaxs

If lockdown (when) comes into effect I was under the impression that you still had to attend work?

Lockdown is to curb social activities, basically anything other than essential (pharmacy, food shopping, petrol ect)

I’m guessing that depends on the work, mate? My sister-in-law works for a travel agent, I don’t imagine they’re too busy at the moment.

Login to get fewer ads

Steelworkers on 11:14 - Mar 22 with 1012 viewsSwanjaxs

Steelworkers on 11:13 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

I’m guessing that depends on the work, mate? My sister-in-law works for a travel agent, I don’t imagine they’re too busy at the moment.

Fair

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Steelworkers on 11:33 - Mar 22 with 973 viewsCountyJim

Steelworkers on 11:08 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

We had a joint communique from Community and Unite yesterday to say exactly that has happened, Jim.

Bloody canteens are shut though!

What department you in Loh i worked in Harbour/blending plant in PT

Coke ovens and Blast in Llanwern
Steelworkers on 11:34 - Mar 22 with 970 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 11:33 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

HRP.

Steelworkers on 11:36 - Mar 22 with 963 viewsNeath_Jack

Steelworkers on 11:33 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

John Zaff, John Lord, Reg and all that crowd were there in the 90's, think most of the management lot went to Port Talbot. If i wasn't so bad with names, I'd be able to reel them all off from Llanwern furnaces especially.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Steelworkers on 11:43 - Mar 22 with 949 viewsCountyJim

Steelworkers on 11:36 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

John Zaff, John Lord, Reg and all that crowd were there in the 90's, think most of the management lot went to Port Talbot. If i wasn't so bad with names, I'd be able to reel them all off from Llanwern furnaces especially.

Know all them good knowledge between them all and Ian Vaughan i had no end of runnings with Ian when I was on executive Council ISTC and branch secretary of Coke ovens in Llanwern his favourite term was so you want to butt heads then

They tried to give me a day job to keep me quiet but I was made of better stuff
Steelworkers on 11:44 - Mar 22 with 947 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 11:36 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

Quite a lot of the old Ebbw Vale lot down with us.

“We do go there, we do do that.”

Steelworkers on 11:48 - Mar 22 with 934 viewsNeath_Jack

Steelworkers on 11:43 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Know all them good knowledge between them all and Ian Vaughan i had no end of runnings with Ian when I was on executive Council ISTC and branch secretary of Coke ovens in Llanwern his favourite term was so you want to butt heads then

They tried to give me a day job to keep me quiet but I was made of better stuff

Waters was another name from the furnaces, think he was a lower end manager, absolutely great bloke he was. Aye Ian Vaughn, another one who thought an awful lot of himself.

Steelworkers on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 931 viewsNeath_Jack

Steelworkers on 11:44 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Quite a lot of the old Ebbw Vale lot down with us.

“We do go there, we do do that.”

There were even more of them up in Llanwern.

Scott Pitchford down with you now? He was good value when he was in Llanwern Hot Mill, the little commando we used to call him. His boss at the time was a character too, Steve Lockyear, as him about him if he is there with you.

Steelworkers on 11:58 - Mar 22 with 919 viewsCountyJim

Steelworkers on 11:48 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

Waters was another name from the furnaces, think he was a lower end manager, absolutely great bloke he was. Aye Ian Vaughn, another one who thought an awful lot of himself.

That's Vaughany for you! Him Lordy Reg Snaff where prompted to heavy end managers on shifts in Llanwern what a nightmare Vaughan was he'd come to Coke ovens and try and get us to push extra ovens but i wouldn't let him there was not sure if its still applicable these days a national agreement on amount of ovens pushed a shift he kept trying bless him
Steelworkers on 12:00 - Mar 22 with 915 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 11:50 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

There were even more of them up in Llanwern.

Scott Pitchford down with you now? He was good value when he was in Llanwern Hot Mill, the little commando we used to call him. His boss at the time was a character too, Steve Lockyear, as him about him if he is there with you.

I see Scotty regularly. I’ll say hello from you.

Steelworkers on 12:03 - Mar 22 with 890 viewsNeath_Jack

Steelworkers on 12:00 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

I see Scotty regularly. I’ll say hello from you.

Ask him about his old boss, The Legend as he used to refer to himself Another one who may be down with you now, Gareth forget his surname, The German we used to call him, he always used to work with Scott as well, big lump of a bloke.

Steelworkers on 12:08 - Mar 22 with 876 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 12:03 - Mar 22 by Neath_Jack

Ask him about his old boss, The Legend as he used to refer to himself Another one who may be down with you now, Gareth forget his surname, The German we used to call him, he always used to work with Scott as well, big lump of a bloke.

Will do. I won’t catch him for a few weeks but I will remember.

Steelworkers on 12:10 - Mar 22 with 870 viewsCountyJim

Are they still thinking of putting you back on 5 shifts
Steelworkers on 12:14 - Mar 22 with 860 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 12:10 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

Are they still thinking of putting you back on 5 shifts

Heavy end apparently look to be set to change but not over with us. I don’t think there are the bodies left here now to cobble five together, nor the skill-set to make it work to be honest.

Who knows though?

Steelworkers on 12:21 - Mar 22 with 832 viewsCountyJim

Steelworkers on 12:14 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Heavy end apparently look to be set to change but not over with us. I don’t think there are the bodies left here now to cobble five together, nor the skill-set to make it work to be honest.

Who knows though?

surprised HRP hasn't asked more to come up from Llanwern HRP or they busy now was told few months back zodiac was struggling don't know if that's still true
Steelworkers on 12:25 - Mar 22 with 821 viewsLohengrin

Steelworkers on 12:21 - Mar 22 by CountyJim

surprised HRP hasn't asked more to come up from Llanwern HRP or they busy now was told few months back zodiac was struggling don't know if that's still true

Zodiac’s in trouble, mate.

Steelworkers on 12:27 - Mar 22 with 815 viewsCountyJim

Steelworkers on 12:25 - Mar 22 by Lohengrin

Zodiac’s in trouble, mate.

its a shame good product that but people ain't buying cars i suppose
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024