Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Self employed 13:58 - Mar 24 with 4212 viewsbuilthjack

Still no announcement, so people will go out to work to get money to live.
Why are they taking so long to help these people?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Self employed on 11:23 - Mar 28 with 804 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 11:11 - Mar 28 by raynor94

But in fairness, how can you say, pay somebody who say they have gone self employed since April last year?

If they haven't claimed a penny or been paid a penny since April last year through employment, how would they have survived? By working as a self employed person of course. Fck me.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Self employed on 11:25 - Mar 28 with 793 viewsItchySphincter

Self employed on 11:20 - Mar 28 by builthjack

Just have a word with my neighbour who put his life savings into going self employed in January. Now, unless he works, he won't get a penny. He won't starve, as he could go to food banks, you are right.
My point was why should he get nothing and the rest get everything.
Do you think it right?

Every adult who has reported income, whether it be through self assessment, PAYE, corporation tax, or whatever should be paid the same flat rate if they are unable to work. End of. If it’s not enough then take up offers such as mortgage holidays. There shouldn’t be a tiered system with this.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Self employed on 11:25 - Mar 28 with 792 viewsploppy

Self employed on 11:16 - Mar 28 by ItchySphincter

Or those that have no idea of what their talking about keep their mouths shut.

No one could have seen this coming, or made provisions for it, but you’re one of the ‘I’m alright jack’ lucky ones. Just because you didn’t have the balls to go self employed it doesn’t mean those of us that did deserve to fall through the cracks, and I can assure you I pay all my tax, completely up to date, most likely considerably more than you too, so you can go f*ck yourself, prick.

Nice. I know nothing about you, and you nothing about me. You lose the argument when you resort to name-calling though. At least argue your case sensibly.
Self employed on 11:26 - Mar 28 with 789 viewsdickythorpe

Plus how do you accurately work out average monthly profit over the last 36 months if you are still owed money?
Self employed on 11:31 - Mar 28 with 776 viewsItchySphincter

Self employed on 11:22 - Mar 28 by dickythorpe

A few self-employed people I know have said they now will be putting themselves on the books , so they'd be declaring that they pay themselves a salary.

It's incredibly tough times.

I know one bloke with a very niche business in falconry. He doesn't make that much(less than 4k profit a year,) but he's applying for universal credit as he has 2 young kids and his wife only earns minimum wage .
I think I heard he's had to pay a fee to get universal credit?
Horrible messy time.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 11:23]

He won’t have paid a fee.

I looked at UC, never claimed a benefit in my life so very confusing. It seems that if money comes in to my business whilst I claim it, the money is classed as my income, even though it’s company money, not my money. Crazy, the gov will want their 20% and all associated fees will have to be paid before I can even think of paying myself a wage at the same taxable rate as a PAYE employee. .....and some idiots think running a small business is all about tax avoidance.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 11:33]

Self employed on 11:32 - Mar 28 with 771 viewsItchySphincter

Self employed on 11:25 - Mar 28 by ploppy

Nice. I know nothing about you, and you nothing about me. You lose the argument when you resort to name-calling though. At least argue your case sensibly.

Go f*ck yourself.

Self employed on 11:44 - Mar 28 with 748 viewsploppy

Self employed on 11:31 - Mar 28 by ItchySphincter

He won’t have paid a fee.

I looked at UC, never claimed a benefit in my life so very confusing. It seems that if money comes in to my business whilst I claim it, the money is classed as my income, even though it’s company money, not my money. Crazy, the gov will want their 20% and all associated fees will have to be paid before I can even think of paying myself a wage at the same taxable rate as a PAYE employee. .....and some idiots think running a small business is all about tax avoidance.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 11:33]

Clearly that last comment was aimed at me. Tax avoidance is perfectly legal. I've done it, still do it, most people do it. Having money in an ISA is tax avoidance, as is putting more money into your company pension to avoid the 40% tax bracket. My former freelancing colleagues were clearly tax avoiding - but that's perfectly fine because they were taking a risk of unemployment (although that risk, historically, has been minimal). And I've never suggested the self-employed are tax evading, which I think is what you think I'm accusing the SE of, and which is not legal nor ethical. There's a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion.
Self employed on 11:47 - Mar 28 with 744 viewsItchySphincter

Self employed on 11:44 - Mar 28 by ploppy

Clearly that last comment was aimed at me. Tax avoidance is perfectly legal. I've done it, still do it, most people do it. Having money in an ISA is tax avoidance, as is putting more money into your company pension to avoid the 40% tax bracket. My former freelancing colleagues were clearly tax avoiding - but that's perfectly fine because they were taking a risk of unemployment (although that risk, historically, has been minimal). And I've never suggested the self-employed are tax evading, which I think is what you think I'm accusing the SE of, and which is not legal nor ethical. There's a difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion.

Oh just f*ck off you annoying tw@t.

Login to get fewer ads

Self employed on 14:23 - Mar 28 with 691 viewsDJack

Itchy , I know it is easy for me to say this as I'm still working (and will right the way through this) but let it go! Leave this particular thread and concentrate on yourself and your family.

Take care.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Self employed on 15:51 - Mar 28 with 661 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 11:47 - Mar 28 by ItchySphincter

Oh just f*ck off you annoying tw@t.

One word would have been ok

Self employed on 15:57 - Mar 28 with 657 viewsFireboy2

Self employed on 14:23 - Mar 28 by DJack

Itchy , I know it is easy for me to say this as I'm still working (and will right the way through this) but let it go! Leave this particular thread and concentrate on yourself and your family.

Take care.

Well said.

Just ignore the him, hes obviously a complete tvvat for trying to get a rise out of people in these unprecedented times.
Self employed on 16:07 - Mar 28 with 642 viewslondonlisa2001

The way the rules have been designed means that the majority will be helped but certainly not all. There are going to be people that, at present, fall through the cracks. It is to be hoped that as many cracks as possible get dealt with as quickly as possible.

Comments such as ‘people could plan’ are genuinely not helpful. Who on earth could plan for the whole economy to fall apart in a matter of two or three weeks? Certainly many huge companies seem unable to do so (hence the package of support) so why the hell should small companies, and sole traders be able to (and this is, after all, what the self employed are).

A bit of empathy wouldn’t go amiss.
Self employed on 16:53 - Mar 28 with 611 viewsNotLoyal

Self employed on 11:20 - Mar 28 by builthjack

Just have a word with my neighbour who put his life savings into going self employed in January. Now, unless he works, he won't get a penny. He won't starve, as he could go to food banks, you are right.
My point was why should he get nothing and the rest get everything.
Do you think it right?

I've never believed in inequality at every level that's why I stopped supporting Labour, I applied that to the torys, the same result. Problem is not your neighbour (I hope) its the scammers etc who get on these benefits or in the minds of others will and take from the system without putting in. And this country has seen far too much of that for far too long. Of course its exclusionary, but where do you end?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Self employed on 17:10 - Mar 28 with 600 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 16:53 - Mar 28 by NotLoyal

I've never believed in inequality at every level that's why I stopped supporting Labour, I applied that to the torys, the same result. Problem is not your neighbour (I hope) its the scammers etc who get on these benefits or in the minds of others will and take from the system without putting in. And this country has seen far too much of that for far too long. Of course its exclusionary, but where do you end?

Then why would anyone enter self employment and then not work?
They work very hard but obviously can't produce accounts. Is the Chancellor too thick to see that?
It seems he is.
There will be a very minute few who will claim fraudulently. I am guessing this figure, but I would say 99% of newly self employed would be working if they could. So why punish them?

It's ok for employed people and self employed for more than 2 years to come on here and say recently self employed should not get a penny, as that is what is being said.
What would they say if everyone was not given a penny to get through these next few weeks/months?

Exactly.
It boils my pi££.

Self employed on 22:40 - Mar 28 with 529 viewsSTID2017

Self employed on 10:53 - Mar 28 by builthjack

You would be a very rare case G. The large majority of self employed have to work, as they would have no money otherwise. They don't go self employed to sit at home.
They would also have had the cost of setting up a business, so for them now to be left with no income whatsoever , in my opinion, is a disgusting decision from the government.
As I have said previously, they are now forced to work or starve.

I know K, not suggesting that I deserve anything as I my business is idle at the moment (the new tax year was when Iwas going to activate it again).
The problem for those self employed who choose to keep on working is that a lot of their customers have postponed work unless it is essential.
It must be awful for them.
£90 a week is a pittance, yet the problem for the government (who I have no faith in btw) is where do they set the bar to pay the newly self employed ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Self employed on 22:52 - Mar 28 with 516 viewsSTID2017

Self employed on 11:19 - Mar 28 by ItchySphincter

I can’t work, my industry has collapsed. My clients aren’t paying their bills or answering their phones/emails, and the gov has left us swinging. We are the workforce they wanted and encouraged. Yet some arseholes think we had it coming because we should have had our eyes open.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 11:21]

The guy who said that is in the minority.
Neither Builthy or myself advocate that.
I know a few hard working guys who because they decided fairly recently that now is the time to go out on their own, have been left up the creek without a paddle.
How this or any government thinks £90 a week is enough to survive on, when it is unlikely to even cover their mortgage, is beyond me

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Self employed on 11:56 - Mar 29 with 421 viewsItchySphincter

Self employed on 22:52 - Mar 28 by STID2017

The guy who said that is in the minority.
Neither Builthy or myself advocate that.
I know a few hard working guys who because they decided fairly recently that now is the time to go out on their own, have been left up the creek without a paddle.
How this or any government thinks £90 a week is enough to survive on, when it is unlikely to even cover their mortgage, is beyond me

I know, most people have understanding but those that don’t seem to think they have some sort of moral high ground, or that they have a greater grasp of self employment than the self employed themselves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024