Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlough extended to October 12:39 - May 12 with 5075 viewswestside

Chancellor just announced
[Post edited 12 May 2020 12:42]
Furlough extended to October on 15:22 - May 13 with 1007 viewsJackSomething

Furlough extended to October on 20:32 - May 12 by ItchySphincter

Depends. Rishi is refusing to help thousands of employers and small businesses. I know, I’m one of them, and there are going to be a lot of unemployed in the next few months.

Forgive me if you already know about this and it doesn't apply to you, but I've literally just received an email about the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) today opening for claims, which is apparently weeks ahead of schedule.

Sounds like there are plenty of caveats and I imagine that would rule out many, but wanted to flag it up just in case. The link to check if you're eligible, in case any of our posters haven't seen it, is:

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/self-employment-support/enter-unique-taxpayer-ref

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Furlough extended to October on 16:15 - May 13 with 974 viewswaynekerr55

Furlough extended to October on 13:52 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

Yes, I’ve heard that about testing, although I’ve also heard that we had no large scale capacity similar to that in place in Germany?

Comms, as I’ve said, has been a complete disaster. Every time something changes, they roll out a succession of useless cabinet members who contradict each other or don’t seem to understand their own advice. My understanding is that it’s being led by the Australian and his mates that Cummings brought in. We have a world leading marketing / advertising industry here who could design simple, powerful messages. Why they don’t use them and instead use a bunch of weirdos is beyond me.
As I’ve said on many occasions, Cummings is like someone who’s gained lots of pseudo knowledge from reading a bunch of self help books from the WH Smith airport ‘non fiction top ten’ section.

Pseudo knowledge

Taking back control, boss.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 16:17]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Furlough extended to October on 16:40 - May 13 with 953 viewsItchySphincter

Furlough extended to October on 15:22 - May 13 by JackSomething

Forgive me if you already know about this and it doesn't apply to you, but I've literally just received an email about the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS) today opening for claims, which is apparently weeks ahead of schedule.

Sounds like there are plenty of caveats and I imagine that would rule out many, but wanted to flag it up just in case. The link to check if you're eligible, in case any of our posters haven't seen it, is:

https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/self-employment-support/enter-unique-taxpayer-ref

Thanks but SEISS doesn’t extend to company owners as we are considered employed by our companies. Furlough doesn’t apply because payroll is run annually In April and the chancellor knew that when he specified to furlough you had to be on payroll in February.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Furlough extended to October on 16:55 - May 13 with 943 viewsItchySphincter

Furlough extended to October on 15:10 - May 13 by builthjack

No, They won't get a penny Lisa. Some I know, because their wives are working don't qualify for a penny of anything. Another has over £6000 life savings, so he won't get a penny. Another is just living with a partner, and he won't get a penny.
This government have let them down, they would rather these people starve. C@nts. Total c@nts.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 22:46]

True. I was told to apply for UC and and although I qualified for approx. £1200 a month they assessed that I was due £0. Without getting too boring - my clients pay up to 90 days in arrears so my company has received payments during a ten week period when it has generated no new income. These payments go on a balance sheet and obviously some of the money has already been spent, some is accounted for in taxes and wages, and some is capital, etc, but UC doesn’t allow you to take in to account expenses and balances from previous periods, and with no real expenses against current payments the balance from the period looks artificially healthy..... the crazy thing is that UC calculates all company income as my personal income and therefore treats me as self employed and refuses me any benefit. The irony of it is that although UC eliminates me by treating me a gainfully self employed the chancellor’s self employment scheme eliminates me be defining me as employed and eliminates me from furlough by frigging the dates. Purely intentional by the government but unless you’re on the wrong end of it you’d be clueless about it.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 16:57]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Furlough extended to October on 17:19 - May 13 with 922 viewslondonlisa2001

No, They won't get a penny Lisa. Some I know, because their wives are working don't qualify for a penny of anything. Another has over £6000 life savings, so he won't get a penny. Another is just living with a partner, and he won't get a penny.
This government have let them down, they would rather these people starve. C@nts. Total c@nts.

Ah, that makes sense.

I hadn’t picked up on the fact that they haven’t relaxed any of the means testing rules about savings or other household income to qualify for universal credit.

Thanks.

I don’t quite understand why they can’t use bank information to pick up regular monthly income from those who haven’t been in self employment for long enough to have completed a tax return. I know they can’t just allow people to declare they’re self employed when they haven’t been, but in situations like those you mention it should be easy enough to prove their ‘usual’ income?
Furlough extended to October on 18:16 - May 13 with 887 viewsJackinexile1

I think its over £16,000 in savings that means you can't claim UC, tell them to get down there.

Edit: sorry that only applies to housing benefit, just looked it up.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 18:21]
Furlough extended to October on 18:17 - May 13 with 887 viewsNortbankboy

Furlough extended to October on 07:42 - May 13 by pikeypaul

Amazing generosity from the Conservatives to the working man.But probably still won’t be enough for the parasite lefties.

OUT

AFLI

That's a mighty chip you are carrying around!
Furlough extended to October on 22:50 - May 13 with 859 viewsbuilthjack

Furlough extended to October on 17:19 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

Ah, that makes sense.

I hadn’t picked up on the fact that they haven’t relaxed any of the means testing rules about savings or other household income to qualify for universal credit.

Thanks.

I don’t quite understand why they can’t use bank information to pick up regular monthly income from those who haven’t been in self employment for long enough to have completed a tax return. I know they can’t just allow people to declare they’re self employed when they haven’t been, but in situations like those you mention it should be easy enough to prove their ‘usual’ income?

They seem to think that it's ok for people to starve, seriously.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Furlough extended to October on 23:55 - May 13 with 818 viewsJackinexile1

Furlough extended to October on 22:50 - May 13 by builthjack

They seem to think that it's ok for people to starve, seriously.

its crazy times, probably would use the some of the £6,000 on food myself.
Furlough extended to October on 08:09 - May 14 with 766 viewsKilkennyjack

Furlough extended to October on 19:49 - May 12 by exiledclaseboy

I think it’s as simple as this. If you have a second home, were there before lockdown started and stayed there, you’re fine. In fact if you were there as lockdown started you’d have been irresponsible to travel back to your main residence.

If you have a second home and travelled there after lockdown started you’ve broken the rules and are probably a bit of a selfish tw@t.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Why should anyone have a second home when others sleep rough...?

Its a simple question with only one answer, it should not be allowed.
Society is broken.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024