Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... 15:35 - May 31 with 578 viewsJackinexile1

If you are living in lockdown in the countryside on furlough great, but for people who can't work, have family to support and live in a flat with no garden its slightly harder.
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 15:38 - May 31 with 574 viewsWhiterockin

You should remove the slightly.
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 15:47 - May 31 with 559 viewschad

Indeed. Every time I go out to enjoy the garden and drink in the tranquility and openness. I think how lucky I am, and think of those largely imprisoned within their properties. Often only allowed to exercise on crowded streets

Like chalk and cheese.
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 15:50 - May 31 with 548 viewsdickythorpe

Furloughed workers must slowly be worrying about what the future holds.
Tough times ahead.

But yeah I'm glad I don't live in a high rise.
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 15:50 - May 31 with 547 viewsFireboy2

Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 15:47 - May 31 by chad

Indeed. Every time I go out to enjoy the garden and drink in the tranquility and openness. I think how lucky I am, and think of those largely imprisoned within their properties. Often only allowed to exercise on crowded streets

Like chalk and cheese.

I've felt like this since this sh!t started

Pma will get us through it.
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 16:50 - May 31 with 490 viewsJackinexile1

Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 15:50 - May 31 by dickythorpe

Furloughed workers must slowly be worrying about what the future holds.
Tough times ahead.

But yeah I'm glad I don't live in a high rise.

Ive been "lucky" enough to have work throughout, but my mate had a baby 2 days ago and hes just been furloughed for another month but in the dark month by month, doesn't know whether to look for another job or not?

I know a few agency and zero contract people who are suffering bad!
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 16:53 - May 31 with 485 viewsdickythorpe

Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 16:50 - May 31 by Jackinexile1

Ive been "lucky" enough to have work throughout, but my mate had a baby 2 days ago and hes just been furloughed for another month but in the dark month by month, doesn't know whether to look for another job or not?

I know a few agency and zero contract people who are suffering bad!

I'm worried for many of my friends and colleagues that are on furlough.
This has and will have changed the workplace forever.
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 16:56 - May 31 with 482 viewsJackinexile1

Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 16:53 - May 31 by dickythorpe

No-one knows anything, exciting times ey!
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 19:24 - May 31 with 432 viewsCatullus

Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 16:53 - May 31 by dickythorpe

I know a young couple who have slipped through the gap, not furloughed but on vastly reduced hours and struggling to pay their rent, they fear homelessness. They were saving for a deposit to buy but are munching through those savings just to get by.

Very many people will come out of this badly. I count myself lucky in many respects.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 19:42 - May 31 with 415 viewsdickythorpe

Some are doing all the hours they can whilst a partner is on furlough......most have sussed this won't last past October.
Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 19:46 - May 31 with 408 viewslondonlisa2001

Lockdown in cities/rural/poverty/wealth its all like chalk and cheese... on 19:24 - May 31 by Catullus

I know a young couple who have slipped through the gap, not furloughed but on vastly reduced hours and struggling to pay their rent, they fear homelessness. They were saving for a deposit to buy but are munching through those savings just to get by.

Very many people will come out of this badly. I count myself lucky in many respects.

It’s an issue I have tried a few times to point out to the likes of Kilkenny.

Lockdown is not a zero sum game. It’s a very fine balance. People are being harmed by lockdown. Depending on age, the risk of remaining in lockdown is far greater for some than if the risk of them getting the virus.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024