Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Professor.... 20:43 - May 31 with 1270 viewsCatullus

scroll down to the Copper Clothing bit please and tell me if this thing about Copper is true?

Are these masks worth buying or just a rip off? Is the advice about Copper medically accurate or just hogwash?

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/best-face-masks

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Hey Professor.... on 21:38 - May 31 with 1216 viewsProfessor

Copper, silver and other metals all have some antimicrobial action. Not sure how effective they will be in clothing or a mask. We use sliver impregnated dog beds in the Vet ICU to reduce infection but I don’t think they help much TBH. Would be better with FFP3/N95 if you can get them- otherwise anything helps- even a snood
Hey Professor.... on 23:59 - May 31 with 1136 viewsJack123

From what I have seen there's a few idiots out there, and once they put a mask on, they think they are invincible, and will undoubtedly take more risks than if they weren't using one.

edit. needs to be a hell of a lot more education about the pros/cons of using them to the general public.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 0:04]

libera nos a malo

Hey Professor.... on 19:29 - Jun 1 with 947 viewsCatullus

Hey Professor.... on 21:38 - May 31 by Professor

Copper, silver and other metals all have some antimicrobial action. Not sure how effective they will be in clothing or a mask. We use sliver impregnated dog beds in the Vet ICU to reduce infection but I don’t think they help much TBH. Would be better with FFP3/N95 if you can get them- otherwise anything helps- even a snood

That's what I thought. We're getting face masks anyway, to wear out doors when social disatncing is relaxed. Not because I think it will protect me from catching the virus but because of the 'herd protection' thing I saw, if we all wear them the virus spreads less quickly. Of course that only works if we all wear them!

PS, thank you
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 19:30]

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Hey Professor.... on 19:42 - Jun 1 with 934 viewsNeath_Jack

Hey Professor.... on 19:29 - Jun 1 by Catullus

That's what I thought. We're getting face masks anyway, to wear out doors when social disatncing is relaxed. Not because I think it will protect me from catching the virus but because of the 'herd protection' thing I saw, if we all wear them the virus spreads less quickly. Of course that only works if we all wear them!

PS, thank you
[Post edited 1 Jun 2020 19:30]

Your last line is the crux of it, pointless a small percentage of people wearing the surgical type masks. If you want to protect yourself and family, wear a face fit tested P3 respirator.

There's plenty of P3 types about again now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Hey Professor.... on 19:46 - Jun 1 with 932 viewsCatullus

Hey Professor.... on 19:42 - Jun 1 by Neath_Jack

Your last line is the crux of it, pointless a small percentage of people wearing the surgical type masks. If you want to protect yourself and family, wear a face fit tested P3 respirator.

There's plenty of P3 types about again now.

On the news tonight the Welsh government fella said they had enough PPE for 3 months but there might be a problem if everybody started buying it up and I reckon front line staff need it more than me so I'll wear a mask and keep 2m apart, I still won't be going in shops or anywhere crowded.
Maybe if more people wore masks it would have a ripple effect. Why doesn't the government promote mak wearing, there is a real scientific principle to it.

Hey Professor.... on 20:07 - Jun 1 with 915 viewsNeath_Jack

Hey Professor.... on 19:46 - Jun 1 by Catullus

On the news tonight the Welsh government fella said they had enough PPE for 3 months but there might be a problem if everybody started buying it up and I reckon front line staff need it more than me so I'll wear a mask and keep 2m apart, I still won't be going in shops or anywhere crowded.
Maybe if more people wore masks it would have a ripple effect. Why doesn't the government promote mak wearing, there is a real scientific principle to it.

The government should either make them mandatory whilst in shops, or on public transport etc, or it's not worth a w@nk wearing them really.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Hey Professor.... on 13:51 - Jun 2 with 851 viewsCatullus

Hey Professor.... on 20:07 - Jun 1 by Neath_Jack

The government should either make them mandatory whilst in shops, or on public transport etc, or it's not worth a w@nk wearing them really.

Maybe I'll just stick to my FFP3 mask then, I still have 2 but as I don't go anywhere indoors besides my house right now, it can't hurt to wear a face mask walking the dog.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024