Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subscribers to SwansTV 10:04 - Jun 18 with 2411 viewsBanosPerth

I recently noticed this message appearing on the website on some pages :

Warning - Your current payment method expired on 1st January 1970 and is no longer valid. Update details.

When I click on the link, I see a form which only mentions PayPal. I normally have used credit card details when I have paid for my yearly season-long subscription. Nothing has changed from my standpoint.
It looks to me like they are forcing subscribers to use PayPal in future, which does not sit well with me. Anyone else noticed this?
Subscribers to SwansTV on 11:46 - Jun 18 with 2327 viewsBadlands

Sounds wrong and a bit dodgy.
Take care - contact the club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Subscribers to SwansTV on 16:39 - Jun 18 with 2221 viewsNotLoyal

Wouldn't the club lose money in PayPal fees, bit odd?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:13 - Jun 18 with 2119 viewsBanosPerth

Subscribers to SwansTV on 11:46 - Jun 18 by Badlands

Sounds wrong and a bit dodgy.
Take care - contact the club.

it's not some dodgy pop-up, it's on the 'My Account' web page. When I checked again just now (Fri am down under) it has been replaced by "Visa XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, all purchases and subscription renewals will be deducted from this card."

I suspect that the web jockeys have been testing (again) on the production system.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 22:14]
Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:16 - Jun 18 with 2106 viewsSwanjaxs

Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:13 - Jun 18 by BanosPerth

it's not some dodgy pop-up, it's on the 'My Account' web page. When I checked again just now (Fri am down under) it has been replaced by "Visa XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, all purchases and subscription renewals will be deducted from this card."

I suspect that the web jockeys have been testing (again) on the production system.

In fairness PayPal is my stand alone nowadays, been using it for a couple of years now and has been spot on.

Never had to try and claw back a payment though so can't comment on that

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:20 - Jun 18 with 2099 viewsGaryjack

Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:13 - Jun 18 by BanosPerth

I do a lot of work on the website and we have had a few problems lately. Can you PM me the remaining 12 numbers on your bank card and the cvv 3 numbers on the back of the card and i'll set it all up for you.
Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:59 - Jun 18 with 2079 viewsDJack

Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:20 - Jun 18 by Garyjack

I do a lot of work on the website and we have had a few problems lately. Can you PM me the remaining 12 numbers on your bank card and the cvv 3 numbers on the back of the card and i'll set it all up for you.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Subscribers to SwansTV on 01:49 - Jun 19 with 2040 viewsBanosPerth

Subscribers to SwansTV on 22:20 - Jun 18 by Garyjack

Your kindness is exceeded only by your good looks and charming manner. One of those web jockeys are you? Try doing some testing instead.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 1:52]
Subscribers to SwansTV on 08:06 - Jun 19 with 1985 viewsBanosPerth

The club have really irritated me now by sneakily taking out a new season pass for 2020-2021 from my credit card. This rolling subscription was supposed to apply to monthly passes only, not seasonal. Keeping my credit card details was not supposed to happen either.
Worse, when I go to 'Update Billing details' to remove my credit card details, all I see is a 'Pay with PayPal' form.
What is going on here ? It seems that the club has reached a new grubby low with this naked cash-grab. I'm determined to get to the bottom of this scam.
I have emailed swanstvlive@streamamg.com and would like any other international subscriber to do likewise if they have been similarly ripped off.
Login to get fewer ads

Subscribers to SwansTV on 08:46 - Jun 19 with 1961 viewsPolskijack

Subscribers to SwansTV on 08:06 - Jun 19 by BanosPerth

The club have really irritated me now by sneakily taking out a new season pass for 2020-2021 from my credit card. This rolling subscription was supposed to apply to monthly passes only, not seasonal. Keeping my credit card details was not supposed to happen either.
Worse, when I go to 'Update Billing details' to remove my credit card details, all I see is a 'Pay with PayPal' form.
What is going on here ? It seems that the club has reached a new grubby low with this naked cash-grab. I'm determined to get to the bottom of this scam.
I have emailed swanstvlive@streamamg.com and would like any other international subscriber to do likewise if they have been similarly ripped off.

Just checked my subscription and it states it's valid until 30th October 2020. They haven't taken any money for next year (yet) but when I check my payment method, it's a debit card. As you say there doesn't appear any way to remove the card details, just to put in a new one or pay by Paypal which is what I'll do when I renew for next season.
Subscribers to SwansTV on 09:00 - Jun 19 with 1944 viewsBanosPerth

Subscribers to SwansTV on 08:46 - Jun 19 by Polskijack

Just checked my subscription and it states it's valid until 30th October 2020. They haven't taken any money for next year (yet) but when I check my payment method, it's a debit card. As you say there doesn't appear any way to remove the card details, just to put in a new one or pay by Paypal which is what I'll do when I renew for next season.

yes mine WAS valid until October 30th 2020 too - then they took out another 110 pounds !!
Subscribers to SwansTV on 11:26 - Jun 19 with 1908 viewsCatullus

Subscribers to SwansTV on 09:00 - Jun 19 by BanosPerth

yes mine WAS valid until October 30th 2020 too - then they took out another 110 pounds !!

I have experienced several problems online. I've sorted it out by going into the ticket office but the online system needs work, to be polite!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Subscribers to SwansTV on 12:35 - Jun 19 with 1876 viewsAl_Bundy

As a non season ticket holder can i pay per game to watch or are you committed to the remainder of the season?
Subscribers to SwansTV on 13:07 - Jun 19 with 1862 viewsSwanjaxs

Subscribers to SwansTV on 12:35 - Jun 19 by Al_Bundy

As a non season ticket holder can i pay per game to watch or are you committed to the remainder of the season?

Pay per game mate 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024