Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football commentators are racially biased then. 20:46 - Jun 30 with 2618 viewsSwanjaxs

Interesting 🤔

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-commentary-racism-rac

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 06:56 - Jul 1 with 2458 viewsjack247

Is that unconscious bias or accuracy? Black athletes are often physically superior to white athletes. I’d guess it’s why the majority of sprinters are black and there are far more black than white footballers per head of population. Same could be applied to other sports to an extent like basketball and boxing.
Football commentators are racially biased then. on 09:03 - Jul 1 with 2409 viewsfelixstowe_jack

How would you describe leon, as physical and explosive or maybe an intellegent footballer.
I guess commentators will have to stop using the words brave and mental when goalkeepers dive at forwards feet in case it upsets cowards.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 10:03 - Jul 1 with 2377 viewssainthelens

Jesus wept, this snowflake society has to stop this crap.
Or is that racist too?
Football commentators are racially biased then. on 10:42 - Jul 1 with 2354 viewsVincent_Vega

What is it with these types trying to drive a wedge between us and create division. It’s boring now.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 11:52 - Jul 1 with 2312 viewsHighjack

I’m not certain getting skin colour data off football manager is an overly scientific way of going about it. Wayne Routledge was white with blonde hair for quite a few years on there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 12:02 - Jul 1 with 2303 viewsHighjack

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 09:03 - Jul 1 by felixstowe_jack

How would you describe leon, as physical and explosive or maybe an intellegent footballer.
I guess commentators will have to stop using the words brave and mental when goalkeepers dive at forwards feet in case it upsets cowards.

Yeah it depends on the individual. For example if Man City were playing Wolves I imagine all of us would describe Silva and De Bruyne as intelligent whilst Traore would perpetually be described as pacey and powerful. It’s just the type of players they are. There’s no unconscious bias there. It’s an observation that any football fan would make.

It seems like a very flawed study.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 13:30 - Jul 1 with 2261 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Next they will claim there is racial bias in our Olympic cycling teams? Even world heavy weight boxing is biased . There have been very few white heavy weight boxing champions since the war.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 03:50 - Jul 2 with 2114 viewsNotLoyal

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 10:03 - Jul 1 by sainthelens

Jesus wept, this snowflake society has to stop this crap.
Or is that racist too?

I don’t know ...
Apparently shit at swimming though.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 08:27 - Jul 2 with 2080 viewsepaul

I see the PS "experts" who know better are out in force again

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 09:18 - Jul 2 with 2055 viewsjack247

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 08:27 - Jul 2 by epaul

I see the PS "experts" who know better are out in force again

You one of those chaps that find people describing Yaya Toure as ‘powerful’ or Virgil van Dyke as ‘athletic’ offensive then?
Football commentators are racially biased then. on 13:08 - Jul 2 with 2019 viewsepaul

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 09:18 - Jul 2 by jack247

You one of those chaps that find people describing Yaya Toure as ‘powerful’ or Virgil van Dyke as ‘athletic’ offensive then?

Nope, extensive hours have been put into this by experts, I'm inclined to take their word and not the "know better" brigade on here, simple really

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 14:13 - Jul 2 with 2004 viewsjack247

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 13:08 - Jul 2 by epaul

Nope, extensive hours have been put into this by experts, I'm inclined to take their word and not the "know better" brigade on here, simple really

The only quotes on there are from Jason Lee. As far as I can see, there’s nothing regarding bias from any expert who has put extensive hours in, they’ve simply presented facts from statistical analysis and the findings were commentators used adjectives like power and pace more often when describing black players than white.

That’s not subconscious racism, that’s more often than not accurate. Black athletes are often physically superior, hence the comparisons to sports like basketball, boxing and sprinting.
Football commentators are racially biased then. on 15:21 - Jul 2 with 1975 viewsHighjack

Football commentators are racially biased then. on 13:08 - Jul 2 by epaul

Experts?

The company that did this study usually just review running shoes.

https://runrepeat.com/about

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024