Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126923 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:48 - Jul 12 with 1547 viewsKilkennyjack

Another person obviously not understanding the numbers.....Ć°ÅøĀ¤Ā·Ć¢ā‚¬ĀĆ¢ā„¢ā€šĆÆĀøĀ

Beware of the Risen People

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:49 - Jul 12 with 1541 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:41 - Jul 12 by Scotia

I'll answer the second point then. He points out that per capita there is very little difference. The map is basically pointless in that form.

We do have the tightest lock down, comfortably, Scottish schools have different holidays and stop in June and return in August normally. They aren't shut because of lock down they have already started summer holidays. Their shops opened at a very similar time and inside hospitality opens this week.

Face masks help moving out of lock down, nobody needs to wear one if they can't go anywhere.

The spread from England is a major concern - but not one we can do much about which makes our much stricter lock down at best futile and potentially more damaging.

Your wrong again. Shops inside shopping malls are not able to open until tomorrow. Ours have been open for 2 weeks.

Monday 13 July
Non-essential shops inside shopping centres and malls can re-open.

They may be opening pubs earlier. We opened shops earlier. We are allowing air bridges with more countries than Scotland.

Overall I would say Scotland has been slightly tighter but there isnt much in it. We are opening hairdressers and barbers tomorrow. They are opening Wednesday in Scotland.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:59 - Jul 12 with 1530 viewsexhmrc1

This weeks figures

Coronavirus case rate in Wales
Cases per 100,000 population

Area Rate over week
Wrexham 5.9
Anglesey 2.9
Rhondda CT 2.9
Denbighshire 2.1
Bridgend 2
Caerphilly 1.7
Conwy 1.7
Cardiff 1.6
Blaenau Gwent 1.4
Ceredigion 1.4
Neath PT 1.4
Flintshire 1.3
Newport 1.3
Gwynedd 0.8
Carmarthenshire 0.5
Swansea 0.4
Merthyr 0
Monmouth 0
Powys 0
Torfaen 0
Wales 1.7

These are the rates throughout Wales over the last week. a month or so ago they were quite high. Now they are rock bottom and this is largely due to the stay local rule you opposed. Drakeford got it right.

Here are some of the English figures

Blackburn with Darwen 33.6, 23.5
Kirklees 32.4, 28.9
Pendle 25.2, 17.5
Blaby 24.9, 17.9
Carlisle 24.0, 12.0
Peterborough 21.4, 17.4
Northampton 21.3, 12.9
Harborough 20.5, 9.7
Bedford 18.6, 18.1
St Albans 16.3, 9.5
East Northamptonshire 14.9, 10.6
Kettering 14.8, 10.9
Wakefield 14.2, 10.1
Thanet 13.4, 10.6
Luton 13.1, 12.6
Dartford 11.8, 10.9
Ribble Valley 11.7, 5.0

There was not 1 Welsh area over 10 this week and 40+ in England. Highest in Wales 5.9 and only 1 over 2.9.

I think this suggests Wales have it right not England
[Post edited 12 Jul 2020 23:12]
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:10 - Jul 12 with 1506 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:50 - Jul 12 by Kilkennyjack

So to be clear .... you cannot find it in your heart to say well done to Wales and Scotland ?

A simple ā€˜yes or noā€™ will suffice.

I have no interest in your bizarre protectionism of the right wing Johnson administration.
I have no interest in your guessing how people living here in Wales are currently thinking.

Thank you.

PS - Drakeford is protecting the economy by ensuring a second wave does not derail the economy here in Wales. The idiots who want an immediate end to lock down risk de-railing the economic recovery. Dont they have family who work for a living ?

I think Johnson is an utter arse.

The worst PM I could imagine. The whole thing has been a shambles. Lockdown release in particular where the messaging has been mixed and chaotic. And thatā€™s in addition to testing, PPE and care homes.

And yet Wales has more infections per capita than England.

Death rates canā€™t be compared due to the difference in population.

Iā€™m not protecting Johnson. Iā€™m saying that the weird support of the Welsh government, who despite all the crappy performance in England have managed to get even more cases is the most stupid thing Iā€™ve ever heard. Keeping an economy closed for a handful of cases is negligent beyond any measure.

There wonā€™t be an economy to derail with a second wave. And if thereā€™s a large second wave in England, it will spread to Wales whatever Drakeford does.

You quite obviously donā€™t need to work to earn money for your family so you canā€™t even imagine what the stress will do to peopleā€™s health. The correlation between poverty and ill health is almost perfect. Life expectancy literally drops by a decade in poorer areas. Keeping everything shut because of a few cases where anyone under the age of 40 wonā€™t suffer anyway is so ridiculous itā€™s almost unbelievable. Drakeford isnā€™t being careful, heā€™s crapping himself and is unable to make a decision that isnā€™t England plus two weeks.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:11 - Jul 12 with 1509 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:49 - Jul 12 by exhmrc1

Your wrong again. Shops inside shopping malls are not able to open until tomorrow. Ours have been open for 2 weeks.

Monday 13 July
Non-essential shops inside shopping centres and malls can re-open.

They may be opening pubs earlier. We opened shops earlier. We are allowing air bridges with more countries than Scotland.

Overall I would say Scotland has been slightly tighter but there isnt much in it. We are opening hairdressers and barbers tomorrow. They are opening Wednesday in Scotland.

Drakeford has no control over air bridges.

The shops rule only applies to shops with no external door, there aren't many of them in Scotland. It doesn't apply to all shops in all shopping malls.

You can have hairdressers, all 48 hours of them.

Please stop now. This is ridiculous.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:25 - Jul 12 with 1495 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:10 - Jul 12 by londonlisa2001

The worst PM I could imagine. The whole thing has been a shambles. Lockdown release in particular where the messaging has been mixed and chaotic. And thatā€™s in addition to testing, PPE and care homes.

Iā€™m not protecting Johnson. Iā€™m saying that the weird support of the Welsh government, who despite all the crappy performance in England have managed to get even more cases is the most stupid thing Iā€™ve ever heard. Keeping an economy closed for a handful of cases is negligent beyond any measure.

There wonā€™t be an economy to derail with a second wave. And if thereā€™s a large second wave in England, it will spread to Wales whatever Drakeford does.

You quite obviously donā€™t need to work to earn money for your family so you canā€™t even imagine what the stress will do to peopleā€™s health. The correlation between poverty and ill health is almost perfect. Life expectancy literally drops by a decade in poorer areas. Keeping everything shut because of a few cases where anyone under the age of 40 wonā€™t suffer anyway is so ridiculous itā€™s almost unbelievable. Drakeford isnā€™t being careful, heā€™s crapping himself and is unable to make a decision that isnā€™t England plus two weeks.

Been as you keep bringing up poverty I will tell you what it really means. I am not from a posh suburb of Swansea with a father who lived fairly comfortably. My dad died when I was 11 and we werent exactly rich. Brought up by a single parent mother who did everything she could for us. Remember I know your father from years ago and I can tell you that you have never faced the problems I did as a child.

The Swansea Valley is a totally different ball game to Swansea West. I went through the difficulties with the miners strike and so daily what our communities went through which is something you havent.

Dont try giving people lectures who have and still do see real poverty at first hand.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:01 - Jul 13 with 1465 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 23:25 - Jul 12 by exhmrc1

Been as you keep bringing up poverty I will tell you what it really means. I am not from a posh suburb of Swansea with a father who lived fairly comfortably. My dad died when I was 11 and we werent exactly rich. Brought up by a single parent mother who did everything she could for us. Remember I know your father from years ago and I can tell you that you have never faced the problems I did as a child.

The Swansea Valley is a totally different ball game to Swansea West. I went through the difficulties with the miners strike and so daily what our communities went through which is something you havent.

Dont try giving people lectures who have and still do see real poverty at first hand.

Donā€™t you dare bring family into it because you disagree with me you rancid sack of crap.

And you obviously donā€™t know him well as he grew up in Manselton, a son of a steelworker, who left school and worked as a steelworker himself where he stayed until late in his working life when he worked for a charity to help underprivileged kids.

And he, as a steel worker, was on strike himself for months when I was a teenager. So you may have seen your neighbours on strike but for us it was first hand.

So stick your faux outrage up your chippy little backside and enjoy your public sector pension you utter tw*t. What an absolute piece of scum you are.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:09 - Jul 13 with 1459 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:01 - Jul 13 by londonlisa2001

Donā€™t you dare bring family into it because you disagree with me you rancid sack of crap.

And you obviously donā€™t know him well as he grew up in Manselton, a son of a steelworker, who left school and worked as a steelworker himself where he stayed until late in his working life when he worked for a charity to help underprivileged kids.

And he, as a steel worker, was on strike himself for months when I was a teenager. So you may have seen your neighbours on strike but for us it was first hand.

So stick your faux outrage up your chippy little backside and enjoy your public sector pension you utter tw*t. What an absolute piece of scum you are.

Nailed him, he has stunk this board out for weeks

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:38 - Jul 13 with 1456 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:09 - Jul 13 by raynor94

I thought you had me on ignore. Never mind as Lisa has only given half the truth perhaps the other thing should be known. Her dad was a Lib Dem councillor for years and deputy leader of the City and County of Swansea.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 01:01 - Jul 13 with 1437 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:38 - Jul 13 by exhmrc1

I thought you had me on ignore. Never mind as Lisa has only given half the truth perhaps the other thing should be known. Her dad was a Lib Dem councillor for years and deputy leader of the City and County of Swansea.

What does that have to do with anything?

That doesnā€™t change his job or his background. Or mine. Itā€™s something he did when he was retired. Good for him to want to do something. Perhaps you shouldnā€™t jump to conclusions about people you hardly know.

And itā€™s irrelevant to anything I say or donā€™t say on here. And shouldnā€™t be posted. I note youā€™re hiding behind your anonymity.

Stupid, pathetic little prat.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:15 - Jul 13 with 1385 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:48 - Jul 12 by Kilkennyjack

Another person obviously not understanding the numbers.....Ć°ÅøĀ¤Ā·Ć¢ā‚¬ĀĆ¢ā„¢ā€šĆÆĀøĀ

Good to see Wales have finally included 1500 coronavirus virus deaths that have been missing from PHW daily stats.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:25 - Jul 13 with 1383 viewsDr_Winston

Perfect.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:39 - Jul 13 with 1376 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:15 - Jul 13 by felixstowe_jack

Good to see Wales have finally included 1500 coronavirus virus deaths that have been missing from PHW daily stats.

There is no extra 1500 deaths and a quick look at the ONS figures would have told you that. The ONS figures are higher than both the Welsh and English figures but even they dont come to your figures. Check your facts before making false comments.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:49 - Jul 13 with 1352 viewsKilkennyjack

as i have said previously, I work every day for my family.
No choice in the matter and none expected.
All my friends do the same. This is Swansea.

I was brought up ,like many on here, in one of the roughest council estates in Swansea.
Like everyone else i attended the local schools.

What the feck is wrong with you ?
Why do i need to justify my background to you...?

The only thing i note about you is that you live in London.
You see everything through that prism.
It is not modern wales that you are seeing.

Just to confirm - I have zero interest in your work/background at all.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:51 - Jul 13 with 1350 viewsKilkennyjack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 00:09 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Hello village idiot.

Honest to God you should not be allowed access to the internet.

Have you told your wife yet that you are stalking other men on the web ?
Like i said, she probably knows already.
Good luck with the conversation.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 09:35 - Jul 13 with 1327 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:51 - Jul 13 by Kilkennyjack

Hello village idiot.

Honest to God you should not be allowed access to the internet.

Have you told your wife yet that you are stalking other men on the web ?
Like i said, she probably knows already.
Good luck with the conversation.

Stalking, just fed up to the back teeth, with dumb and dumber, revelling and point scoring over deaths within Prydain Fawr.

Carry on Twitter trawling

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:40 - Jul 13 with 1305 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 07:39 - Jul 13 by exhmrc1

There is no extra 1500 deaths and a quick look at the ONS figures would have told you that. The ONS figures are higher than both the Welsh and English figures but even they dont come to your figures. Check your facts before making false comments.

The UK has been including these in its figures just Wales has not. Check.your figures dont believe what Drakeford says without questioning it.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:06 - Jul 13 with 1300 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 10:40 - Jul 13 by felixstowe_jack

The UK has been including these in its figures just Wales has not. Check.your figures dont believe what Drakeford says without questioning it.

There are no increased deaths. The figures you are referring to are the Pillar 2 cases for tests and have been shown daily under the PHW figures under a separate title . For your information these havent been included in Scotland either until recently and England hasnt been showing then for their areas either. Hence why your beloved Health Minister talked about 900 cases in Leicester of which over 800 had not been recorded in Leicester's figures. If you are going to go on about facts make sure they are right.
https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/30/hundreds-local-authorities-missing-vital-coronavi
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:37 - Jul 13 with 1276 viewsraynor94

What a great day for beer gardens to open, after the brilliant weekend we have just had.

Drakeford is doing a great job in killing the Welsh economy.

Did two days make any difference?

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:52 - Jul 13 with 1267 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:37 - Jul 13 by raynor94

What a great day for beer gardens to open, after the brilliant weekend we have just had.

Drakeford is doing a great job in killing the Welsh economy.

Did two days make any difference?

Drakeford is thinking of the 3 million in Wales and trying to protect them, you are just thinking of yourself as usual.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:56 - Jul 13 with 1255 viewsScotia

Drakeford was hot off the blocks on face masks, he's made them compulsory from the end of July. After both England and Scotland.

He's tried to use his cautious approach to mask the fact he can't make a decision.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:07 - Jul 13 with 1241 viewsraynor94

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:52 - Jul 13 by controversial_jack

Drakeford is thinking of the 3 million in Wales and trying to protect them, you are just thinking of yourself as usual.

Myself? I'm thinking about the big job losses that will keep on happening, under this dithering fool.

I was on Porthcawl beach, yesterday absolutely rammed, what a waste of a beautiful weekend for pubs to make some money, after being shut for so long.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:22 - Jul 13 with 1225 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:07 - Jul 13 by raynor94

Myself? I'm thinking about the big job losses that will keep on happening, under this dithering fool.

I was on Porthcawl beach, yesterday absolutely rammed, what a waste of a beautiful weekend for pubs to make some money, after being shut for so long.

Money before lives?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:25 - Jul 13 with 1221 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:07 - Jul 13 by raynor94

I realise Mark Drakeford is wonderful but being able to influence the weather goes beyond his or anyone else's powers. More absolute rubbish from you.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:28 - Jul 13 with 1215 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:22 - Jul 13 by controversial_jack

Money before lives?

Where is the risk?

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024