Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170430 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:27 - Oct 20 with 842 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 23:29 - Oct 20 with 838 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:06 - Oct 21 with 822 viewsDr_Parnassus

Twitter has changed its retweet policy in the hope to bury the Hunter Biden story. They said when you retweet something you now have to write about it and they hope that extra effort needed will slow the spread of people retweeting things.

The changes are said to be in place until the election.

They don’t even try to hide it.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/21524092/twitter-temporarily-changing-retw

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:17 - Oct 21 with 815 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:06 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Twitter has changed its retweet policy in the hope to bury the Hunter Biden story. They said when you retweet something you now have to write about it and they hope that extra effort needed will slow the spread of people retweeting things.

The changes are said to be in place until the election.

They don’t even try to hide it.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/21524092/twitter-temporarily-changing-retw

"Mediaite has learned that Fox News was first approached by Rudy Giuliani to report on a tranche of files alleged to have come from Hunter Biden’s unclaimed laptop left at a Delaware computer repair shop, but that the news division chose not to run the story unless or until the sourcing and veracity of the emails could be properly vetted."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusive-fox-news-passed-on-hunter-biden-laptop-sto

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:31 - Oct 21 with 810 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:17 - Oct 21 by DJack

"Mediaite has learned that Fox News was first approached by Rudy Giuliani to report on a tranche of files alleged to have come from Hunter Biden’s unclaimed laptop left at a Delaware computer repair shop, but that the news division chose not to run the story unless or until the sourcing and veracity of the emails could be properly vetted."

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/exclusive-fox-news-passed-on-hunter-biden-laptop-sto

And that’s why Fox are always a good source.

Since then they have stated that they have spoken to people on that email chain with Hunter who have not only confirmed their veracity but also confirmed who the people are listed with initials.

Hunters former business partners are also corroborating the corruption claims by handing over 26,000 emails showing similar dealings in China.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:32 - Oct 21 with 808 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:50 - Oct 21 with 799 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:31 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

And that’s why Fox are always a good source.

Since then they have stated that they have spoken to people on that email chain with Hunter who have not only confirmed their veracity but also confirmed who the people are listed with initials.

Hunters former business partners are also corroborating the corruption claims by handing over 26,000 emails showing similar dealings in China.

Nope, putting aside bias they are not a good source of news as they do push falsehoods and are rated "mixed" for factual reporting.

I'll bite, what corruption in dealings with China...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:52 - Oct 21 with 793 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:50 - Oct 21 by DJack

Nope, putting aside bias they are not a good source of news as they do push falsehoods and are rated "mixed" for factual reporting.

I'll bite, what corruption in dealings with China...

Falsehoods like what?

You just confirmed they wouldn’t run with a heavily negative Biden story until it was corroborated. That doesn’t sound like a company wanting to put out falsehoods.

Wonder if CNN would make similar stances? We both know the answer to that.

Not sure how else to elaborate on China other than what I already just explained to you.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 0:54]

Login to get fewer ads

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:07 - Oct 21 with 780 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:52 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Falsehoods like what?

You just confirmed they wouldn’t run with a heavily negative Biden story until it was corroborated. That doesn’t sound like a company wanting to put out falsehoods.

Not sure how else to elaborate on China other than what I already just explained to you.

Even the post journalist who penned the their piece wouldn't put their name to it.

Fox declined as it was very fishy and have not actually claimed it is true(as far as I've seen with exception to opinion pieces) they just push others talking points.

I suspect CNN have done just that, hence no attack piece.

What they have printed is this...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/15/politics/hunter-biden-joe-biden-donald-trump/

And your China thing is just more GOP "allegations" to be amplified - no change ther.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:13 - Oct 21 with 776 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:07 - Oct 21 by DJack

Even the post journalist who penned the their piece wouldn't put their name to it.

Fox declined as it was very fishy and have not actually claimed it is true(as far as I've seen with exception to opinion pieces) they just push others talking points.

I suspect CNN have done just that, hence no attack piece.

What they have printed is this...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/10/15/politics/hunter-biden-joe-biden-donald-trump/

And your China thing is just more GOP "allegations" to be amplified - no change ther.

That’s the problem. You just made that up, where does it say they thought it was “fishy”?

When you post links and copy and paste things you haven’t thought about or understood, it doesn’t take long until you have to change what those links say to suit your narrative.

CNN wouldn’t run with the story if Hunter himself came out after one of his crack binges and admitted the whole thing.

Fox said they were waiting for it to be corroborated (as they could be sued if found to be false, I assume). They have since corroborated them with not only 1 but multiple people on that email chain involving Hunter.

That’s the thing, these aren’t person to person emails, they are group emails. What exists on Hunters hard drive exists on all of those people’s hard drives too... which is why they haven’t denied them and relied on people like you to scream “Russia!” 😱.

The Chinese corruption will no doubt turn out to be exactly the same as the Ukrainian ones and have no doubt that isn’t even the beginning. They are in massive, massive trouble.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:14 - Oct 21 with 777 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 00:52 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Falsehoods like what?

" excerpts from the article I placed above

"Some of Fox News’ top news anchors and reporters have distanced themselves from the story. During an on-air report that largely focused on how social media platforms handled this story, Bret Baier said, “Let’s say, just not sugarcoat it. The whole thing is sketchy.”

“You couldn’t write this script in 19 days from an election, but we are digging into where this computer is and the emails and the authenticity of it,” he added.

Chris Wallace also called the story “suspicious” and said, “I can understand the concern about this story. It is completely unverified and frankly, Rudy Giuliani is not the most reliable source anymore. I hate to say that, but it’s just true.”

According to a leaked memo obtained by The Daily Beast earlier this year, the research department at Fox News had previously described Giuliani as “amplifying disinformation” surrounding the Ukraine corruption story that lay at the heart of the impeachment of President Trump earlier this year.

The initial laptop story broke on Wednesday of last week. By Friday, Fox News had confirmed the veracity of just one email, which has been used by some to validate the entire tranche of files “uncovered” by Giuliani:

One email, dated May 13, 2017, and obtained by Fox News, includes a discussion of “remuneration packages” for six people in a business deal with a Chinese energy firm. The email appeared to identify Hunter Biden as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” in an apparent reference to now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Co.

The Fox News article, which was co-bylined by Sam Dorman and Mike Emanuel, doesn’t name the source who confirmed the contents of this email. Fox News also reported that sources identified one of the six people to be Joe Biden – who was at the time out of office and a private citizen. There is no evidence in his released tax returns that Joe Biden benefited from this supposed graft arranged by his son Hunter and it is unrelated to Ukraine or then Vice President Biden’s work to oust an allegedly corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor.

According to an Associated Press report, the mixing of legitimate emails with false ones was a tactic used by Russian intelligence operations in the 2017 French election. Leaked emails that were called “utterly mundane” were included to lend credibility to falsified information designed to undermine Emanuel Macron’s reelection bid.

On Sunday night, the New York Times reported that the New York Post had a difficult time finding a reporter to put their byline on the story amidst internal concerns about its dubious sourcing. The Times reported that the staff writer who mostly wrote the story, Bruce Golding, refused put his name on the report because he doubted its credibility. Post editors then “pressed staff members to add their bylines to the story – and at least one aside from Mr. Golding refused,” according to the Times report, which cited two unnamed Post journalists. A Post spokeswoman had no comment on how the article was written or edited.

“The senior editors at The Post made the decision to publish the Biden files after several days’ hard work established its merit,” the Post’s Col Allan told the Times.

The story’s bylines eventually went to Emma-Jo Morris, a former associate producer on Fox News show Hannity, who joined the Post as an editor this year and had yet to publish a story with her byline, and Gabrielle Fonrouge, a Post reporter since 2014. According to the Times, Fonrouge only learned her name was on the story after it was published.""
[Post edited 21 Oct 2020 1:17]

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:18 - Oct 21 with 773 viewsDJack

"Since this story broke, the New York Times, Washington Post, and Wall Street Journal have all worked to verify the New York Post report but have not yet been able to confirm. (The Biden campaign has not challenged the veracity of all the emails, though they have said there is no record of a meeting between Joe Biden and a Ukrainian executive – a central claim of the Post’s “smoking gun” report.)"

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:19 - Oct 21 with 772 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:13 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

That’s the problem. You just made that up, where does it say they thought it was “fishy”?

When you post links and copy and paste things you haven’t thought about or understood, it doesn’t take long until you have to change what those links say to suit your narrative.

CNN wouldn’t run with the story if Hunter himself came out after one of his crack binges and admitted the whole thing.

Fox said they were waiting for it to be corroborated (as they could be sued if found to be false, I assume). They have since corroborated them with not only 1 but multiple people on that email chain involving Hunter.

That’s the thing, these aren’t person to person emails, they are group emails. What exists on Hunters hard drive exists on all of those people’s hard drives too... which is why they haven’t denied them and relied on people like you to scream “Russia!” 😱.

The Chinese corruption will no doubt turn out to be exactly the same as the Ukrainian ones and have no doubt that isn’t even the beginning. They are in massive, massive trouble.

In that verbiage there is only ONE FACT. One email has been verified and it means shit.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:23 - Oct 21 with 765 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:19 - Oct 21 by DJack

In that verbiage there is only ONE FACT. One email has been verified and it means shit.

Incorrect, the email chain has been verified.

That email chain which involves Joe Biden getting the cut of corrupt money and it being held by Hunter so he doesn’t have to declare it.

If you are going to push a conspiracy theory then you have to be sure of what it is you are trying to defend. Come on DJack don’t make it easier than it already is.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:27 - Oct 21 with 762 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:18 - Oct 21 by DJack

"Since this story broke, the New York Times, Washington Post, and Wall Street Journal have all worked to verify the New York Post report but have not yet been able to confirm. (The Biden campaign has not challenged the veracity of all the emails, though they have said there is no record of a meeting between Joe Biden and a Ukrainian executive – a central claim of the Post’s “smoking gun” report.)"

I’m not sure what you are copy and pasting that for?

Heavily liberal publications not being able to verify them “yet” you think somehow backs the conspiracy theory?

Others HAVE corroborated them with people involved in that very email chain that you are pretending is a fake Russian conspiracy.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:27 - Oct 21 with 763 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:13 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Bret Baier said, “Let’s say, just not sugarcoat it. The whole thing is sketchy.”

Chris Wallace also called the story “suspicious”

Bruce Golding, refused put his name on the report because he doubted its credibility

I used the phrase "fishy" Is that really changing things to suit my narrative. Of course it isn't! It's you with your usual guff.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:30 - Oct 21 with 757 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:27 - Oct 21 by DJack

Bret Baier said, “Let’s say, just not sugarcoat it. The whole thing is sketchy.”

Chris Wallace also called the story “suspicious”

Bruce Golding, refused put his name on the report because he doubted its credibility

I used the phrase "fishy" Is that really changing things to suit my narrative. Of course it isn't! It's you with your usual guff.

Yes it is, you changed it to suit your narrative. They didn’t say that at all. TV presenters don’t corroborate information, especially democratic ones like Chris Wallace.

As you have been told, since then they HAVE corroborated the emails with the people on that very email chain. It’s all very straight forward DJack. Even for you.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:32 - Oct 21 with 756 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:23 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Incorrect, the email chain has been verified.

That email chain which involves Joe Biden getting the cut of corrupt money and it being held by Hunter so he doesn’t have to declare it.

If you are going to push a conspiracy theory then you have to be sure of what it is you are trying to defend. Come on DJack don’t make it easier than it already is.

Nope. The only verified individual email is...

One email, dated May 13, 2017, and obtained by Fox News, includes a discussion of “remuneration packages” for six people in a business deal with a Chinese energy firm. The email appeared to identify Hunter Biden as “Chair / Vice Chair depending on agreement with CEFC,” in an apparent reference to now-bankrupt CEFC China Energy Co.

No mention of Joe nor of any corruption.

Come on Dr P, stop making it easy for me to highlight your deflection/deception.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:34 - Oct 21 with 754 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:32 - Oct 21 by DJack

Nope. The only verified individual email is...

No mention of Joe nor of any corruption.

Come on Dr P, stop making it easy for me to highlight your deflection/deception.

Incorrect again. One of those people is “10 held by H for the big guy”.

One of the people on that email CHAIN confirmed not only they were correct but “the big guy” is Joe Biden, hence why the “10” is “held by H for the big guy”.

Again if you are going to peddle a crazy conspiracy theory then you have to understand what the situation is first.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:45 - Oct 21 with 746 viewsDr_Parnassus

Breaking.

Soon it will only be DJack left...

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:16 - Oct 21 with 734 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:27 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

I’m not sure what you are copy and pasting that for?

Heavily liberal publications not being able to verify them “yet” you think somehow backs the conspiracy theory?

Others HAVE corroborated them with people involved in that very email chain that you are pretending is a fake Russian conspiracy.

I'm not pretending anything. I said early on that if it is proved that Hunter Biden is guilty of criminality then he can get what he deserves. I've also said that this looks like a smear and whoever is running it is unidentified but Giuliani has worked (is working?) with a known Russian agent. But there is nothing to stop it being a right-wing smear or indeed a mixture of smear and Hunter Biden greed/crime(.

Lastly your claim is even less likely...

Hunter Biden a resident of California travels to Delaware with three broken Macbooks.

He then drops them off at an unofficial repair place run by a known Trump conspiracy theorist. - He doesn't ask anyone on the Dems IT team!!!

The guy running the store is registered as blind but even though he wouldn't tell the Feds that it was Hunter who actually dropped the computers off he sure that it was(!???)

The "receipt" with the alleged Hunter Biden signature only shows one computer and not three dropped off.

Hunter Biden, who transported three computers from California to Delaware for repair, somehow decides to not bother to collect his possession

This guy then later "attemps to contact the Beau Biden Foundation" but fails and yet does not get in touch with a famous resident of Delaware... Joe Biden.

He roots through the computer(s) copies the information and hands it to Rudy Giuliani in October 2019.

Giuliani didn't get a forensic data specialist to review the hard drive and check the authenticity of the data.

Then there are conflicting statements as to whether they contact the FBI or the FBI contact the shopguy.

FBI subpoena the hardware and take a statement for a Grand Federal Jury in December 2019... to date zilch in the way of action.

One year after posession of the Macbook (s?) (and three weeks before athe election) Giuliani touts the story and is met with suspicion from all until the tabloid NYPost takes it up (it's staffers refuse to put their name to the story).

They publish their story but only provide a pdf as their proof of veracity and to date only one email of no consequence is verified. This email is then touted, by the conservative media, as part of corrpt business and is alledged to implicate Joe Biden.

That is your claim!

After this...

The DNI (a Trump poloitical appointee), who has previously pushed conspiracy, states it is not a Russian op. Trump states that Barr MUST act before the election. Whatever this story was at the start it is now a Trump vehicle to interfere with the election

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:20 - Oct 21 with 727 viewsDJack

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 01:45 - Oct 21 by Dr_Parnassus

Breaking.

Soon it will only be DJack left...

Not seen this on AP or Reuters.

A specific claim that doesn't rule out Giuliani or anyone outside Russia. Things have got interesting but still no more facts from the hard drive less the one email.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:22 - Oct 21 with 726 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:16 - Oct 21 by DJack

I'm not pretending anything. I said early on that if it is proved that Hunter Biden is guilty of criminality then he can get what he deserves. I've also said that this looks like a smear and whoever is running it is unidentified but Giuliani has worked (is working?) with a known Russian agent. But there is nothing to stop it being a right-wing smear or indeed a mixture of smear and Hunter Biden greed/crime(.

Lastly your claim is even less likely...

Hunter Biden a resident of California travels to Delaware with three broken Macbooks.

He then drops them off at an unofficial repair place run by a known Trump conspiracy theorist. - He doesn't ask anyone on the Dems IT team!!!

The guy running the store is registered as blind but even though he wouldn't tell the Feds that it was Hunter who actually dropped the computers off he sure that it was(!???)

The "receipt" with the alleged Hunter Biden signature only shows one computer and not three dropped off.

Hunter Biden, who transported three computers from California to Delaware for repair, somehow decides to not bother to collect his possession

This guy then later "attemps to contact the Beau Biden Foundation" but fails and yet does not get in touch with a famous resident of Delaware... Joe Biden.

He roots through the computer(s) copies the information and hands it to Rudy Giuliani in October 2019.

Giuliani didn't get a forensic data specialist to review the hard drive and check the authenticity of the data.

Then there are conflicting statements as to whether they contact the FBI or the FBI contact the shopguy.

FBI subpoena the hardware and take a statement for a Grand Federal Jury in December 2019... to date zilch in the way of action.

One year after posession of the Macbook (s?) (and three weeks before athe election) Giuliani touts the story and is met with suspicion from all until the tabloid NYPost takes it up (it's staffers refuse to put their name to the story).

They publish their story but only provide a pdf as their proof of veracity and to date only one email of no consequence is verified. This email is then touted, by the conservative media, as part of corrpt business and is alledged to implicate Joe Biden.

That is your claim!

After this...

The DNI (a Trump poloitical appointee), who has previously pushed conspiracy, states it is not a Russian op. Trump states that Barr MUST act before the election. Whatever this story was at the start it is now a Trump vehicle to interfere with the election

No you didn’t, you said they were hacked... then saw some things by desperate democrats online and suddenly changed to the Russian conspiracy theory... even though you fully accept that some emails on the hard five have been corroborated and also confirm Joe as being a part of it.

But trying to suggest all the others (which which you have no idea what they say) are false is crazy. So incriminating and authentic emails find their way onto a fabricated hard drive.... it’s the theory of people you find scribbling on toilet walls in their own faeces.

DJack, quit while you are considerably, considerably behind.

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:23 - Oct 21 with 725 viewsDr_Parnassus

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:20 - Oct 21 by DJack

Not seen this on AP or Reuters.

A specific claim that doesn't rule out Giuliani or anyone outside Russia. Things have got interesting but still no more facts from the hard drive less the one email.

Oh DJack, you are funny 😂

🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 on 02:25 - Oct 21 with 724 viewsDr_Parnassus

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024