Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sean Connery 12:31 - Oct 31 with 1750 viewstheloneranger

Sean Connery has died aged 90.

RIP Mr Bond.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sean Connery on 16:36 - Nov 5 with 472 viewstheloneranger

Sean Connery on 13:37 - Nov 5 by YrAlarch

Talking of domestic violence. Allegedly he was not averse to physically abusing his first wife, Diane Cilento. He was reported as saying, "I don't think there is anything particularly wrong in hitting a woman, though I don't recommend you do it in the same way you hit a man."

Reported in the 'Sunday Times' last (you guessed it) Sunday.

Diane Cilento wrote about the physical abuse in her 2006 autobiography.

Connery said in his 1993 Vanity Fair interview ...

"Sometimes there are women who take it to the wire."

"That's what they're looking for - the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack."

He also said in his Playboy interview in 1965 ..

“I don’t think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman, although I don’t recommend doing it in the same way that you’d hit a man. "

He added that ... “An open handed slap is justified if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning,” and further said, “If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I’d do it.”

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Sean Connery on 17:07 - Nov 5 with 450 viewsHighjack

My dad used to see him often in Ebbw Vale, he was big mates with Victor Spinetti. Hardly anybody ever recognised him because nobody expected him to be there and he never wore his wig.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sean Connery on 20:21 - Nov 5 with 424 viewsCatullus

Sean Connery on 16:36 - Nov 5 by theloneranger

Diane Cilento wrote about the physical abuse in her 2006 autobiography.

Connery said in his 1993 Vanity Fair interview ...

"Sometimes there are women who take it to the wire."

"That's what they're looking for - the ultimate confrontation. They want a smack."

He also said in his Playboy interview in 1965 ..

“I don’t think there is anything particularly wrong about hitting a woman, although I don’t recommend doing it in the same way that you’d hit a man. "

He added that ... “An open handed slap is justified if all other alternatives fail and there has been plenty of warning,” and further said, “If a woman is a bitch, or hysterical, or bloody-minded continually, then I’d do it.”

So he was a lover AND a fighter. He grew up in different times when it was practically expected for a man to give a woman a slap if they argued! You were'nt a real man otherwise.

How positively cretaceous!

These days the women slap the men.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sean Connery on 22:15 - Nov 5 with 410 viewsHighjack

Sean Connery on 20:21 - Nov 5 by Catullus

So he was a lover AND a fighter. He grew up in different times when it was practically expected for a man to give a woman a slap if they argued! You were'nt a real man otherwise.

How positively cretaceous!

These days the women slap the men.

The women shouldn’t hit the men either. It shouldn’t be that hard to go through life without arbitrarily hitting everyone.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024