Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread 15:41 - Dec 24 with 26509 viewsKeithHaynes

Mr Johnson thanks people on all sides for "finding the philosophers stone" to get a deal.

He adds: "This deal above all means certainty, for the aviation industry, the hauliers... the police, the border forces, and all those that keep us safe.

"It means certainty for our scientists who will be able to work together on great collective projects.

"But above all it means certainty for business."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 14:38 - Jan 31 with 1413 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:17 - Jan 31 by johnlangy

'The Lyn the Leap stadium built with EU funding'.

Which the Senedd would allocate to Swansea. Obviously

Yes i think so John.

I was thinking off suggesting St Helens site as a redevelopment. ?
Could be accessed from the sea as a sustainability benefit...?

Beware of the Risen People

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 14:39 - Jan 31 with 1410 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:22 - Jan 31 by felixstowe_jack

Are you suggesting performance enhancing drugs like East Germany?

Yes

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 14:42 - Jan 31 with 1409 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:56 - Jan 31 by Catullus

It'd be a Lynn the Leap Annexe with a long jump pit set up between two small terraces of 200 seats with a 3 vending machines.

Meanwhile in Cardiff they'd have Splott flattened and a whole new Olympic village and 90,000 stadium built which, after the Olympics they'd hand over to Cardiff City. The Senedd could then relocate to the CCS and become a spectator event for all their adoring fans. The old Senedd building would become the pandemic memorial to celebrate the fantastic job they did during the crisis.
A giant statue of Mark (The Colossus of Wales) Drakeford would be built straddling the M4 with outstretched hands..towards Brussels..begging for more and and a consuktation will be started on whether anywhere North of Castle Coch is actually finncialy viable and should they just shut it down.
A new tax will be raised...on breathing. 1p to breathe in but 2p to exhale (100% extra, a green levy), the electricity supply will be turned on only between 7am and 7pm for residential property and water will be restricted to one bucket per person, per day at a price of £10 per bucket.
All private cars will be confiscated and sold to raise funds for the MS/Senedd expansion, and to save the environment and it will be illegal to say anything about the Senedd that isn't glowing praise.
During the Olympics every Welsh citizen must cheer, all day, every day, even when asleep.

Independent Wales, the home of the sheep, the land of the fleeced.

Disclaimer, the above is a work of fiction/fantasy, please do not take it seriously.

This is the sort of advanced thinking we need to ‘Make Wales Great Again’ ... #MWGA 🇺🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Feck Johnson.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:22 - Jan 31 with 1383 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 14:42 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

This is the sort of advanced thinking we need to ‘Make Wales Great Again’ ... #MWGA 🇺🇸🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Feck Johnson.

I thought the pubs were shut

Fair do's

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:23 - Jan 31 with 1382 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Latest vaccination rates

England 13.94%
UK average 13.25%
Wales 12.8%
Ni 11.35%
Scotland 10.37%

A big thanks to all involved in rolling out the vaccines and especially the UK for it's prompt procurement and vaccine approval process.

Thankfully a major benefit not being part of the shambles going on the EU at the moment.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:37 - Jan 31 with 1382 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:23 - Jan 31 by felixstowe_jack

Latest vaccination rates

England 13.94%
UK average 13.25%
Wales 12.8%
Ni 11.35%
Scotland 10.37%

A big thanks to all involved in rolling out the vaccines and especially the UK for it's prompt procurement and vaccine approval process.

Thankfully a major benefit not being part of the shambles going on the EU at the moment.

Andrew Neil (brillo) made the same point earlier.
This reply took my eye.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:54 - Jan 31 with 1372 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:37 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

This reply took my eye.

But Grace is wrong, the EU was 3 months behind us in signing deals and approving vaccines, that is why thousands of deaths are still happening that might have been prevented.

Uk companies have said they built up capacity after the agreement, that they had the 3 month headstart that factories in the EU didn't, that is why EU yield has been reduced. Because the EU was slow.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 17:23 - Jan 31 with 1367 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:54 - Jan 31 by Catullus

But Grace is wrong, the EU was 3 months behind us in signing deals and approving vaccines, that is why thousands of deaths are still happening that might have been prevented.

Uk companies have said they built up capacity after the agreement, that they had the 3 month headstart that factories in the EU didn't, that is why EU yield has been reduced. Because the EU was slow.

Even the obvious cannot be seen by those who wear EU tinted glasses.

Login to get fewer ads

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 19:04 - Jan 31 with 1358 viewsNortbankboy

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:37 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

This reply took my eye.

Spot on brother.
Handing contracts to his Eaton cronies
The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 19:52 - Jan 31 with 1346 viewsCatullus

Grace also says, "Yes, Keele & Oxford have higher yields than Belgium. The reverse could just as easily have happened" but it didn't happen. It didn't happen because they had time to prepare.

There is a lot to give Bojo a kicking for but you can't kick him for something that didn't happen or when he manages to get something right.

It's the agenda without any balance. It was wrong that Bojo was taking us out of the EU without a deal, when he got a deal that ws wrong. Now it's wrong that he succeeded in getting the vaccines ordered and we are way ahead of the rest of Europe? Thta's barmy.

He was wrong with PPE, he was wrong....well he was wrong in plenty of cases. Call him out where he's wrong but you can't call him out when he gets it right on the basis of "the reverse could easily have happened"

We could have lost WW2, we could have remained in the EU, we could have voted Corbyn in at the last GE BUT none of those things happened.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 08:27 - Feb 1 with 1288 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 19:52 - Jan 31 by Catullus

Grace also says, "Yes, Keele & Oxford have higher yields than Belgium. The reverse could just as easily have happened" but it didn't happen. It didn't happen because they had time to prepare.

There is a lot to give Bojo a kicking for but you can't kick him for something that didn't happen or when he manages to get something right.

It's the agenda without any balance. It was wrong that Bojo was taking us out of the EU without a deal, when he got a deal that ws wrong. Now it's wrong that he succeeded in getting the vaccines ordered and we are way ahead of the rest of Europe? Thta's barmy.

He was wrong with PPE, he was wrong....well he was wrong in plenty of cases. Call him out where he's wrong but you can't call him out when he gets it right on the basis of "the reverse could easily have happened"

We could have lost WW2, we could have remained in the EU, we could have voted Corbyn in at the last GE BUT none of those things happened.

100,000 people in the UK are dead, forgive me if i cant muster much enthusiasm for Johnson.

Of course the UK vaccine roll out is the best news.
Of course the number of UK cases reducing is fantastic to see.
In 2 weeks time the vaccine impact should start to lift the burden on our hospitals.

Should we be ‘celebrating’ that the EU has supply issues ? Of course not.

Johnson might well have got our contract right, and the EU might have got their contract wrong.
The supplier appears to have prioritized the UK, whilst the EU supplies got hit.
If thats the case then the EU will have to answer - and potentially sue to company if they have a case.
It should have been made clear to the EU that this was going to be the case, was it made clear ?

If the contractual priorities had fallen the other way around, i hope the EU would not be ‘celebrating’ like some sort of victory.

It needs grown up leadership on both sides.
Everyone who needs the vaccine needs to get it asap.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:18 - Feb 1 with 1273 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 08:27 - Feb 1 by Kilkennyjack

100,000 people in the UK are dead, forgive me if i cant muster much enthusiasm for Johnson.

In 2 weeks time the vaccine impact should start to lift the burden on our hospitals.

Johnson might well have got our contract right, and the EU might have got their contract wrong.
The supplier appears to have prioritized the UK, whilst the EU supplies got hit.
If thats the case then the EU will have to answer - and potentially sue to company if they have a case.
It should have been made clear to the EU that this was going to be the case, was it made clear ?

If the contractual priorities had fallen the other way around, i hope the EU would not be ‘celebrating’ like some sort of victory.

Over 400,000 dead in the EU and and right cock up ordering and ordering vaccines plus trying to break the Brexit deal. That unfortunately happens when you get unelected bureaucrats running the EU. Not accountable to the voters. Thankfully we are out of the undemocratic EU.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:42 - Feb 1 with 1254 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 08:27 - Feb 1 by Kilkennyjack

I don't have any enthusiasm for Bojo, he's just another crap politician.

If Bojo has to carry the can then I guess so does Drakeford and Sturgeon, they have blood on their hands too. It's illogical to just blame Bojo.

I'm not celebrating the EU's supply problems, the Eurocrats will no doubt get their jabs but ordinary people will die waiting.

That stuff about the contract, it's nonsense. Johnson DID get the vaccine deal right and the EU messed up.
The supplier is filling the contract, not prioritisng. It's obvious it was made clear that's why the EU backed down, if they could legally do somethingg, they would have. As it was they made a move that was legally questionable but morally reprehensible.

No one is celebrating, it's not a victory for anybody just a loss for the people who have to suffer the slow movement of the EU due to all their red tape. Red tape is something we know about in the Uk, we are usually the slow ones,

Lastly, it's not a contractual priority, the EU acted 3 months behind the UK so their supplies are 3 months behind. That they tried to force the Uk to hand over our supplies is just disgusting, they risked the GFA that thy are supposed to care so much about, they managed to unite the Irish AND the UK politicians. They even had other Euro countries calling them out.

This was the EU's mess.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 21:42 - Feb 1 with 1195 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:18 - Feb 1 by felixstowe_jack

Over 400,000 dead in the EU and and right cock up ordering and ordering vaccines plus trying to break the Brexit deal. That unfortunately happens when you get unelected bureaucrats running the EU. Not accountable to the voters. Thankfully we are out of the undemocratic EU.

Yes - much better for rich, lazy, sacked former Journo to call the shots.

Britannia waives the rules. .... 🇬🇧

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 08:22 - Feb 2 with 1124 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 21:42 - Feb 1 by Kilkennyjack

Yes - much better for rich, lazy, sacked former Journo to call the shots.

Britannia waives the rules. .... 🇬🇧

Wales still has the highest death rate in the UK . Drakeford should resign.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 21:39 - Feb 2 with 1033 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 08:22 - Feb 2 by felixstowe_jack

Wales still has the highest death rate in the UK . Drakeford should resign.

1. This is fake news.

2. I will not be voting for Drakeford

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 22:24 - Feb 2 with 1026 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 21:39 - Feb 2 by Kilkennyjack

1. This is fake news.

Not fake news just look at the web site

Deaths with coronavirus on death certificate per 100,000

Wales 200
England 170
Scotland 144
NI 122

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 22:39 - Feb 3 with 929 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 22:24 - Feb 2 by felixstowe_jack

Not fake news just look at the web site

Deaths with coronavirus on death certificate per 100,000

Wales 200
England 170
Scotland 144
NI 122

🤷‍♂️

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 22:43 - Feb 3 with 927 viewsraynor94

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 21:39 - Feb 2 by Kilkennyjack

1. This is fake news.

Not Professor anymore

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 20:26 - Feb 4 with 828 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 22:43 - Feb 3 by raynor94

Not Professor anymore

Shorthand.

I will be voting Plaid.

Wales will never prosper with perpetual Westmonster Tory rule.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 02:12 - Feb 5 with 794 viewsBadlands

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:18 - Feb 1 by felixstowe_jack

3.8 million cases in the UK
109,000 deaths
EU /EEA 20 million cases
480,000 deaths
The EU/EEA population is roughly 8 times that of the U.K.
If the EU / EEA had the same rate of infection and deaths as,the U.K.
Their figures would look like this
Infections - 30 million (10 million more than their 20 million)
Deaths - 872,000 (392,000 more than currently)
Even a Brexiter can do the maths on that, nothing for Boris' fan club to crow about.
This vile gang of imperialists Tories has raised stupidity and corruption to a level never before seen in Britain.
What is more undemocratic? Elected MEPs and 32,000 staff acting on behalf of 27 countries in a limited range or Westmoster run by shadowy unelected groups and private advisers, the controlling group elceteted by 1/3 of the vote with little or no mandate in 3 of the 4 countries and needing 423,000 civil servants (50,000 to do the work previously shared by the 32,000 for the whole of the EU.
Johnson, Tories and Brexit a cruel joke on the peopl of the U.K. largely sold by media controllers who live or pay tax overseas.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 2:23]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 12:03 - Feb 6 with 656 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 02:12 - Feb 5 by Badlands

3.8 million cases in the UK
109,000 deaths
EU /EEA 20 million cases
480,000 deaths
The EU/EEA population is roughly 8 times that of the U.K.
If the EU / EEA had the same rate of infection and deaths as,the U.K.
Their figures would look like this
Infections - 30 million (10 million more than their 20 million)
Deaths - 872,000 (392,000 more than currently)
Even a Brexiter can do the maths on that, nothing for Boris' fan club to crow about.
This vile gang of imperialists Tories has raised stupidity and corruption to a level never before seen in Britain.
What is more undemocratic? Elected MEPs and 32,000 staff acting on behalf of 27 countries in a limited range or Westmoster run by shadowy unelected groups and private advisers, the controlling group elceteted by 1/3 of the vote with little or no mandate in 3 of the 4 countries and needing 423,000 civil servants (50,000 to do the work previously shared by the 32,000 for the whole of the EU.
Johnson, Tories and Brexit a cruel joke on the peopl of the U.K. largely sold by media controllers who live or pay tax overseas.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 2:23]

This guy .... ☝️

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024