Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Levien and Silverstein speak 08:12 - Feb 5 with 2848 views34dfgdf54

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jason-levien-jake-sil
Levien and Silverstein speak on 08:40 - Feb 5 with 1957 viewsGlastonbury

I actually think they are doing the right thing. They haven’t got a bottomless pit. They can’t invest / spend like a Billionaire. It is certainly a step up financially from Jenkins etc. So that’s where the ‘ next level ‘ comes from. Patience is the key. And Swansea city football club will still be here after our lifetimes and hopefully for future generations. It’s about managing expectations. Great if we can have success. Even tho we are well placed in the Table spending £20 million in Jan window doesn’t guarantee promotion. We panic spent last time and went down.
Levien and Silverstein speak on 09:00 - Feb 5 with 1921 viewsDr_Winston

"I think the club, prior to our arrival it started, and went through our relegation, sort of lost its way a little bit, in terms of its identity, its philosophy and its core principles.

"I think that started before we arrived, and I'm not sure we fully appreciated where the trajectory was when we arrived, and I think learning from some of the issues that went on through our tenure and improving upon that, I'd place it in that category."

That's the key statement in the whole thing for me. Levien understands what went wrong. It's encouraging.

If nothing else, it means they won't be as trusting of bullsh*t merchants like Jenkins in the future.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Levien and Silverstein speak on 09:15 - Feb 5 with 1896 viewsChief

They're certainly saying the right the things. No real revelations, they've answered every question how I'd expect them to. Proof is in the pudding but the fact that they're talking about the right things is encouraging.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Levien and Silverstein speak on 09:29 - Feb 5 with 1869 views34dfgdf54

Also on official site:

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-update-jason-levien-steve-kaplan-a
Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:03 - Feb 5 with 1811 viewsswancity

Apologies for sounding doubtful and sceptical but seriously, take all of this with a pinch of salt

I can smell something...

There is something about Levien

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:12 - Feb 5 with 1793 viewsSwans9

Where was the communication when things weren't going well in the last 5 years. It is a start but until things get worked out with the trust and a few other matters caution is the key.
Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:15 - Feb 5 with 1786 viewsChief

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2021/02/05/swans-trust-statement/

Trust response.

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:19 - Feb 5 with 1775 viewsswancity

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:12 - Feb 5 by Swans9

Where was the communication when things weren't going well in the last 5 years. It is a start but until things get worked out with the trust and a few other matters caution is the key.

I’d say they’re trying to calm the waters with the knowledge that legal proceedings are imminent. And consequently patronising those involved to keep them onside. To avoid any action. I’d like to be proved wrong on this.

Login to get fewer ads

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:24 - Feb 5 with 1764 viewsChief

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:19 - Feb 5 by swancity

I’d say they’re trying to calm the waters with the knowledge that legal proceedings are imminent. And consequently patronising those involved to keep them onside. To avoid any action. I’d like to be proved wrong on this.

Quite possible. Again, the proof is in the pudding on this. Its no secret how far advanced the legal case preparation is. No idea how long its going to take but things must be quite close. So when do they plan to engage again and try to come to an out of court agreement?

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:26 - Feb 5 with 1762 viewsjackrabbit

I found that very reassuring. I think they told it as they see it. They come across as genuine guys. There are no quick fixes, just steady growth and sustainability. Read the comments underneath the piece - there’s a comment from a Cardiff fan called Cajay2016 which says it all - he seems more appreciative of our executive leadership than a lot of our own fans are. There’s an old joke about the investment potential of football clubs which goes like this:
“if you want to make a small fortune investing in football, it helps to start with a large fortune.”
Can’t argue with that.
Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:28 - Feb 5 with 1754 viewsswancity

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:24 - Feb 5 by Chief

Quite possible. Again, the proof is in the pudding on this. Its no secret how far advanced the legal case preparation is. No idea how long its going to take but things must be quite close. So when do they plan to engage again and try to come to an out of court agreement?

Treating the Trust with contempt yet again. A puppet to be strung along.

But as I say I really would be delighted to be proved wrong ...

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:31 - Feb 5 with 1744 viewsChief

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:28 - Feb 5 by swancity

Treating the Trust with contempt yet again. A puppet to be strung along.

But as I say I really would be delighted to be proved wrong ...

Well we'll have to see. I'm prepared to have patience and see if they actually do intend to restart negotiations that would avoid court action. Them publicly saying they want to engage is a start and I think they deserve credit for that. Obviously the trust should exercise extreme caution having already spent a lot of time and money on preparing the case.

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:46 - Feb 5 with 1718 viewsBadlands

What is the point of them making a statement?
The same voices who attacked them still attack them; the same voices who don't believe them will continue to not believe them.
A strong announcement IMO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:50 - Feb 5 with 1706 viewsonehunglow

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:46 - Feb 5 by Badlands

The same voices who attacked them still attack them; the same voices who don't believe them will continue to not believe them.

It make no difference whatsoever Bad. People will "hate" them as they "hate" the vile scum Tory voters.It's because we're stuck in neutral all the time.

I truly do not a fark give who owns the club as long as they do it right -as I see it. I aint accepting of second best and that's my problem..I admit that.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:51 - Feb 5 with 1709 viewsChief

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:46 - Feb 5 by Badlands

So you're saying they shouldn't have bothered?

Confused as to your point.

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:54 - Feb 5 with 1697 viewsonehunglow

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:51 - Feb 5 by Chief

No,he's not saying that .

He i asking "why".

Easy to be taken the wrong way innit

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:55 - Feb 5 with 1694 viewsChief

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:54 - Feb 5 by onehunglow

No,he's not saying that .

He i asking "why".

Easy to be taken the wrong way innit

Yea that's why I've asked them to clarify.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 10:55]

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:56 - Feb 5 with 1690 viewsQJumpingJack

Interesting to see that they have done this on the morning of a big game/week when everyone is starting to feel a bit more positive about the club and the future.
Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:00 - Feb 5 with 1678 viewsswancity

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:31 - Feb 5 by Chief

Well we'll have to see. I'm prepared to have patience and see if they actually do intend to restart negotiations that would avoid court action. Them publicly saying they want to engage is a start and I think they deserve credit for that. Obviously the trust should exercise extreme caution having already spent a lot of time and money on preparing the case.

Indeed. Let’s hope it works out. Fingers crossed.

They’re vastly experienced clever shrewd businessmen on the biggest stage used to getting their own way and happily will stamp on anything and anyone that gets in the way. They’ll probably get what they want here to ...

Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:01 - Feb 5 with 1678 views34dfgdf54

To be honest my opinion on the owners has done a 180.When that Dan James to Leeds saga was going on I genuinely thought we were screwed and they were going to bleed us dry and get out, cutting their losses.

Since then though, the appointment of Birch replacing Jenkins was on the face of it outstanding. Winter for me accepted a bid too low for Rodon, but that has also ended up being a great decision. How many championship clubs can say they are in a financially decent position, even without fans attending for the rest of year which Winter said months back? We have just spent almost a million pound on a youngster, paid most probably a pretty penny to Villa for CH. They are doing a fine job at the moment in what is seriously difficult times.
Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:06 - Feb 5 with 1665 viewsswancity

Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:01 - Feb 5 by 34dfgdf54

To be honest my opinion on the owners has done a 180.When that Dan James to Leeds saga was going on I genuinely thought we were screwed and they were going to bleed us dry and get out, cutting their losses.

Since then though, the appointment of Birch replacing Jenkins was on the face of it outstanding. Winter for me accepted a bid too low for Rodon, but that has also ended up being a great decision. How many championship clubs can say they are in a financially decent position, even without fans attending for the rest of year which Winter said months back? We have just spent almost a million pound on a youngster, paid most probably a pretty penny to Villa for CH. They are doing a fine job at the moment in what is seriously difficult times.

None of that is in doubt ...

Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:41 - Feb 5 with 1618 viewsBadlands

Levien and Silverstein speak on 10:51 - Feb 5 by Chief

Absolutely not, and how you can make that assumption is beyond bizarre!
The point is, the people who moan that they 'owners' say nothing moan, don't believe them and make up conspiracies if they do.

Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:43 - Feb 5 with 1615 viewsChief

Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:41 - Feb 5 by Badlands

Absolutely not, and how you can make that assumption is beyond bizarre!
The point is, the people who moan that they 'owners' say nothing moan, don't believe them and make up conspiracies if they do.

Sorry your first sentence sounded like you thought they shouldn't have.

But you're right people will always be more receptive to actions rather than words.

Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:53 - Feb 5 with 1595 viewsjackrabbit

“ caljay2016
2 HRS AGO
My god, your club is riding on the crest of a wave and you lot are moaning about it!! Make the most of it! As a Cardiff fan, our club are going nowhere but down the pan, while your club seems to have a clear strategy of sustainability to keep the club running on a smooth path. When youook around at other clubs and how they are struggling to keep their heads above water, you should count yourselves lucky! I can see quite a few clubs going to the wall if the fan ban goes on for much longer, which is a tragedy, but it is a fact of life that no club can survive without financial I come, and there is none at the moment!”
Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:53 - Feb 5 with 1593 viewsBadlands

Levien and Silverstein speak on 11:43 - Feb 5 by Chief

Sorry your first sentence sounded like you thought they shouldn't have.

But you're right people will always be more receptive to actions rather than words.

Apology accepted - just feeling a little bit touchy at present.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024