Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wealth 16:43 - Feb 24 with 737 viewsonehunglow

Ok ,here goes.
Why are we still seeing countless posts hanging out of anyone that is

1.Wealthy
or
2.Successful

I see people with wealth and think-why have they got to where they are and how could I have done better / I don't look upon them with the envious eyes that blind so many.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wealth on 20:11 - Feb 24 with 687 viewsCatullus

Earned wealth is one thing, inherited wealth is entirely different. Even with earned wealth it depends how they got it and then how they behave when they're rich.

Take Alan Sugar, I respect the hard work he put in, starting as a barrow boy but I can't stand the person he is now.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Wealth on 21:08 - Feb 24 with 660 viewsbuilthjack

I know many, lots, who are very wealthy.
But they have gone bust plenty of times along the way, and never paid their debts.
So wrong.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Wealth on 23:15 - Feb 24 with 623 viewsKilkennyjack

Wealth on 20:11 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Earned wealth is one thing, inherited wealth is entirely different. Even with earned wealth it depends how they got it and then how they behave when they're rich.

Take Alan Sugar, I respect the hard work he put in, starting as a barrow boy but I can't stand the person he is now.

Take Trump, inherited wealth and a criminal.

Beware of the Risen People

Wealth on 09:45 - Feb 25 with 562 viewsBoundy

Wealth on 23:15 - Feb 24 by Kilkennyjack

Take Trump, inherited wealth and a criminal.

Taking Trump out of the equation , what's wrong with inherited wealth . Wouldn't you want to make sure your kids were as financially secure as you could make them when you pass , I would

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Wealth on 09:58 - Feb 25 with 554 viewsonehunglow

Wealth on 09:45 - Feb 25 by Boundy

Taking Trump out of the equation , what's wrong with inherited wealth . Wouldn't you want to make sure your kids were as financially secure as you could make them when you pass , I would

It's a quirk of birth and it doesn't bother me at all,in the same way as being born "working class " and poor doesn't bother those who are proud to call themselves such.

I know several millionaires with all the trappings.All worked their rocks off doing hours that would kill most stone dead. Also,may who avoided quaffing drink, getting stoned and having foreign holiday to send their kids to private schools even though their taxes pay for those who don't really want to go .

It's simple envy and the template for our country.

Wealth on 10:15 - Feb 25 with 549 viewsCatullus

Wealth on 09:45 - Feb 25 by Boundy

It's not inheriting the wealth that's my problem. It's how those people behave. Nobody has to be an arrogant shithead.

Look at how this country works, inherited wealth pays for kids to go to posh schools, those kids are taught from day one they are better than other kids and behave as such. It's not the money that's the issue, it's the taught sense of deserved privilige. that attitude to others. If an working class family makes good and sends their kids to those posh schools the posh kids treat them differently a lot of the time.

Money buys privilige, it can buy justice too.

If we won the Euromillions tomorrow I would kick my sons behind all the way down the street if he ever became an arrogant prick!

Kilkenny mentioned Trump well I was thinking closer to home, many of our polticians and those in the HoL behave as if they are better and deserve to be where they are because they are better by birth. It doesn't matter how bad a job they do, they come from the right family so deserve their good fortune. That's not how it should work.

Maybe OHL wiull call it class war but I'd say it's more about fairness and equality. Anybody should be able to rise as far as their talent can take them and not hit a glass ceiling because of their sex, colour or family background.
Take my son, all his teachers say he's very bright if a bit lazy. If he is bright enough he should be able to aim high but there will be a limit for him. I'd say for example, if he got into politics he might get to be an MP but he'd never be Prime Minister. Yet if he got to be rich enough and "donated" enough he could buy a Lordship or some other title yet still, to the old titled families he wouldn't be as good as them.

It's a perverse system.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Wealth on 10:44 - Feb 25 with 537 viewsonehunglow

Wealth on 10:15 - Feb 25 by Catullus

It's not inheriting the wealth that's my problem. It's how those people behave. Nobody has to be an arrogant shithead.

Look at how this country works, inherited wealth pays for kids to go to posh schools, those kids are taught from day one they are better than other kids and behave as such. It's not the money that's the issue, it's the taught sense of deserved privilige. that attitude to others. If an working class family makes good and sends their kids to those posh schools the posh kids treat them differently a lot of the time.

Money buys privilige, it can buy justice too.

If we won the Euromillions tomorrow I would kick my sons behind all the way down the street if he ever became an arrogant prick!

Kilkenny mentioned Trump well I was thinking closer to home, many of our polticians and those in the HoL behave as if they are better and deserve to be where they are because they are better by birth. It doesn't matter how bad a job they do, they come from the right family so deserve their good fortune. That's not how it should work.

Maybe OHL wiull call it class war but I'd say it's more about fairness and equality. Anybody should be able to rise as far as their talent can take them and not hit a glass ceiling because of their sex, colour or family background.
Take my son, all his teachers say he's very bright if a bit lazy. If he is bright enough he should be able to aim high but there will be a limit for him. I'd say for example, if he got into politics he might get to be an MP but he'd never be Prime Minister. Yet if he got to be rich enough and "donated" enough he could buy a Lordship or some other title yet still, to the old titled families he wouldn't be as good as them.

It's a perverse system.

Morn Cat.
The "poor" can also be arrogant ,rude ,snotty ,dishonest and anti social.

To demonise anyone who is wealthy really shows simple hatred and envy

We read on here how poor Wales is.Yet,town like Builth Wells are hardly that and not all Tory haters

Wealth on 10:53 - Feb 25 with 534 viewscontroversial_jack

Wealth on 20:11 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Do you think it's possible to do what he did these days or were there more opportunities back then?
Login to get fewer ads

Wealth on 14:58 - Feb 25 with 479 viewsCatullus

Wealth on 10:53 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

Do you think it's possible to do what he did these days or were there more opportunities back then?

It' possible I think just not the same way he did it. Today it's all technology, youtubers can become rich with far less actual hard work.

Wealth on 15:03 - Feb 25 with 477 viewsCatullus

Wealth on 10:44 - Feb 25 by onehunglow

Morn Cat.
The "poor" can also be arrogant ,rude ,snotty ,dishonest and anti social.

To demonise anyone who is wealthy really shows simple hatred and envy

We read on here how poor Wales is.Yet,town like Builth Wells are hardly that and not all Tory haters

I know the poor can be all that too OHL and I detest that too but a poor person being that way has very little effet on the rest of us. When arrogant rich kids rise (think Peter principle) well above the capabilities based on their alma mater, their family name then they become people like Cameron and Osborne.

An arrogant. rude, snotty, dishonest and anti social poor person just becomes disliked but gains no power over the rest of us.

Wealth on 15:22 - Feb 25 with 469 viewsonehunglow

Wealth on 15:03 - Feb 25 by Catullus

I know the poor can be all that too OHL and I detest that too but a poor person being that way has very little effet on the rest of us. When arrogant rich kids rise (think Peter principle) well above the capabilities based on their alma mater, their family name then they become people like Cameron and Osborne.

An arrogant. rude, snotty, dishonest and anti social poor person just becomes disliked but gains no power over the rest of us.

That has me thinking Cat.
I don't agree though.

Poor/uneducated can have the most profound effect
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 15:22]

Wealth on 17:36 - Feb 25 with 436 viewscontroversial_jack

Wealth on 14:58 - Feb 25 by Catullus

It' possible I think just not the same way he did it. Today it's all technology, youtubers can become rich with far less actual hard work.

So, i'll just have to think up something gimmicky to put on youtube and the Maldives here i come.
Wealth on 09:44 - Feb 27 with 294 viewsCatullus

Wealth on 15:22 - Feb 25 by onehunglow

That has me thinking Cat.
I don't agree though.

Poor/uneducated can have the most profound effect
[Post edited 25 Feb 2021 15:22]

The poor and uneducated have no pwer though. Tey can be bullies, loudmouths and troublemakers but I can deal with that.

When an idiot becomes Pm and makes decisions that cost me my job or my home, I cannot deal with that.

If the idiot down the road demands 50 quid a week or he'll hit me I can tell him where to go. If Drakeford or Bojo decided to raise taxes that cost me 50 quid a week what can I do?

Brexit now, we had Cameron and Osborne or Johnson...which posh lying idiot do I believe?

Money buys position and power. Look at Alan Sugar again, how much of a donation did his lordship cost? Sugar was a big donator to Labour until 2015 when he went indy, 400k in 2011 I think.

Wealth on 09:52 - Feb 27 with 286 viewstrampie

Perch I must say by reading your posts over the years that you do seem to suck up to people you perceive as rich and or successful, is that fair comment or not ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Wealth on 10:08 - Feb 27 with 278 viewsonehunglow

Wealth on 09:52 - Feb 27 by trampie

Perch I must say by reading your posts over the years that you do seem to suck up to people you perceive as rich and or successful, is that fair comment or not ?

Perch no longer exists.Call me Richie by all means.
Absolutely wrong.
I suck up to nobody
I am beholden to no one.
I speak the language I want
I do not envy anyone
I do not crave affection
I admire success
I hate sloth and ignorance
I detest those who think the world owes them a living

I have nothing but admiration for those who start a business from scratch,grow it,employ more people and whatever they amass is ok by me.
Rather them than the lazy,feckless,who seek to live off the state for life.

Hope that clears it up.

I'm off down the Polo club now .see you later

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024