Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shocking 22:21 - Apr 2 with 1551 viewsGenerousredswan

We were dreadful tonight why didn't he bring on Whittaker?
Shocking on 22:36 - Apr 2 with 1495 viewsSlugster664

He did, in the 93rd minute

STID

Shocking on 22:53 - Apr 2 with 1438 viewsChief

I've defended Cooper and given him the benefit of the doubt but i cannot fathom what he was trying to do tonight:

- Played all the internationals including 2 who'd picked up knocks (Hourihane aside).
- Under what circumstance would Hourihane have come off the bench? If we'd gone 1 down earlier!?
- played basically the same style and team that's been poor for a while and lost the last two games.
- Whittaker who's looked our most likely scorer recently left out.
- Cabango who kept Hirving Lozano quiet last Saturday and hasn't been part of the last 2 losses left out again. He's also a goal threat from set pieces which have been obviously lacking recently.
- a point tonight would have been no help to us anyway, why not roll the dice and bringing more attacking players far earlier?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Shocking on 22:55 - Apr 2 with 1430 viewsBadlands

I keep banging on but without Cabango we have no physical threat from corner, long throws or free kicks into the box.
Cooper has had us playing hoofball all season tonight it was aimless hoofball.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Shocking on 00:48 - Apr 3 with 1321 views9MilesHigh

Shocking on 22:53 - Apr 2 by Chief

I've defended Cooper and given him the benefit of the doubt but i cannot fathom what he was trying to do tonight:

- Played all the internationals including 2 who'd picked up knocks (Hourihane aside).
- Under what circumstance would Hourihane have come off the bench? If we'd gone 1 down earlier!?
- played basically the same style and team that's been poor for a while and lost the last two games.
- Whittaker who's looked our most likely scorer recently left out.
- Cabango who kept Hirving Lozano quiet last Saturday and hasn't been part of the last 2 losses left out again. He's also a goal threat from set pieces which have been obviously lacking recently.
- a point tonight would have been no help to us anyway, why not roll the dice and bringing more attacking players far earlier?

Mexico pissed all over Wales.... please don't give me the "kept quiet" nonsense no matter how many times you may read it from numpties
Shocking on 08:08 - Apr 3 with 1202 viewsChief

Shocking on 00:48 - Apr 3 by 9MilesHigh

Mexico pissed all over Wales.... please don't give me the "kept quiet" nonsense no matter how many times you may read it from numpties

'pissed all over'

How many clear cut chances did they actually have against Wales's second string?

Not a great deal.

Shocking on 08:45 - Apr 3 with 1168 views34dfgdf54

<< "We thought all through the second half about making changes but then we'd have a little spell and though maybe we were coming good.>>
Shocking on 08:46 - Apr 3 with 1166 viewsChief

Shocking on 08:45 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

<< "We thought all through the second half about making changes but then we'd have a little spell and though maybe we were coming good.>>

There's no excuse for that anymore. That's been tried many times previously and never worked unless we've been gifted a late penalty.

Shocking on 18:46 - Apr 3 with 1030 viewsCatullus

Shocking on 08:46 - Apr 3 by Chief

There's no excuse for that anymore. That's been tried many times previously and never worked unless we've been gifted a late penalty.

I think you've got it bang on, Chief.

I think the next game is Coopers last chance saloon.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Shocking on 21:41 - Apr 3 with 969 views34dfgdf54

Shocking on 08:46 - Apr 3 by Chief

But there will be excuses from yourself Chief, over and over again.

The guy is a fraud.
Shocking on 21:45 - Apr 3 with 962 viewsChief

Shocking on 21:41 - Apr 3 by 34dfgdf54

But there will be excuses from yourself Chief, over and over again.

The guy is a fraud.

Only if i think they're valid excuses.

As above, i have no idea what was going through his mind last night. As much as I'd want to back the manager, whom under we reached the play offs last season&have been challenging for promotion this season, i can't make a case for him in relation to last night's match.

Shocking on 22:39 - Apr 3 with 932 viewsTreforys_Jack

Shocking on 21:45 - Apr 3 by Chief

Only if i think they're valid excuses.

As above, i have no idea what was going through his mind last night. As much as I'd want to back the manager, whom under we reached the play offs last season&have been challenging for promotion this season, i can't make a case for him in relation to last night's match.

Fair response, but in my opinion there have been too many games where he has been hard to defend. His game managent has been consistently suspect, the worrying aspect for me is he doesn't seem to be learning. He is either naive or spectacularly stubborn.
Shocking on 22:47 - Apr 3 with 922 viewsChief

Shocking on 22:39 - Apr 3 by Treforys_Jack

Fair response, but in my opinion there have been too many games where he has been hard to defend. His game managent has been consistently suspect, the worrying aspect for me is he doesn't seem to be learning. He is either naive or spectacularly stubborn.

Yea but with our lofty league position and winning games he has to be given the benefit of the doubt. Especially under the circumstances where oyr budget is low and the lack of viable alternatives.

Shocking on 22:50 - Apr 3 with 910 viewsReslovenSwan1

Shocking on 22:39 - Apr 3 by Treforys_Jack

Cooper has woon the U17 World cup and that for him is vindication of his methods. It is of course nothing of the sort. Many very underage coaches have flopped spectacularly like the fellow Warnock humiliated at Wigan. Joyce?

To Coopers credit he has proved his credentials to a point where he can produce strong defensive steam and win games with his exceptional u17 contact books to draw in the likes of Brewster Gallagher and Gibbs White.

However his "we have our methods and they wil not change" will not do. He has to change and accept outside advice and assistance from Scott, his other contacts and the owners. He like the players have to improve.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Shocking on 22:51 - Apr 3 with 917 viewsTreforys_Jack

Shocking on 22:47 - Apr 3 by Chief

Yea but with our lofty league position and winning games he has to be given the benefit of the doubt. Especially under the circumstances where oyr budget is low and the lack of viable alternatives.

I agree with what you are saying in principle but his reputation has all been about results, once the results desert you, what is left.
Shocking on 22:57 - Apr 3 with 911 viewsChief

Shocking on 22:51 - Apr 3 by Treforys_Jack

I agree with what you are saying in principle but his reputation has all been about results, once the results desert you, what is left.

Yes i agree, but while we're in the play off positions there is still a chance of success

Shocking on 05:39 - Apr 4 with 864 views34dfgdf54

Again, I bring that tweet up. Literally learnt nothing from the Monk days.
Shocking on 09:25 - Apr 4 with 797 viewsChief

Shocking on 05:39 - Apr 4 by 34dfgdf54

Again, I bring that tweet up. Literally learnt nothing from the Monk days.

I'd still rather stick personally, at least for now.

No guarantee anyone else would try and play good football with this squad either, let alone have you so high in the table.

Shocking on 10:01 - Apr 4 with 770 viewsDr_Winston

Can we nail a couple of things down here.

#1. We're not working on a tight budget. Low compared to the recently relegated teams, high compared to others without a parachute payment. Certainly it's comparable to where we stood in relation to other teams the last time we went up. Our budget was miniscule compared to most in the Prem, yet we survived and often thrived there for seven years.

#2. If Mark Gower was capable of playing attractive football in a promotion winning side, there's not a single member of the current squad who isn't given adequate coaching.

The budget and the squad are not the problem. Never have been.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Shocking on 13:30 - Apr 4 with 690 viewsCatullus

I think saying low budget is wrong in the current circumstances. This pandemic has actually helped us. Other clubs have huge debt and are struggling whereas we are financially secure. Hardly any money has been spent AND look at this list, look at the clubs who sold,

https://eflanalysis.com/columnist/what-did-efl-clubs-spend-receive-in-the-transf

We haven't made the most profit but the top 4 profit makers are very interesting. Unfortunately I can't find up to date wage league tables.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024