Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading 11:01 - Apr 14 with 1325 viewsDr_Winston

Accumulated losses of more than £130m in their most recent results. Plenty on here would be happy to see us in the same situation as long as it satisfies their calls for "ambition" or "clout" or whatever they want to dress their demands for the club to spend more than it can afford as.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading on 11:09 - Apr 14 with 1299 viewsDr_Parnassus

Absolutely agree.

Next season when the parachute payments go, I think in order to balance the books we will have to leave Ayew walk away after his contract is finished off this season and we may need to sell on Roberts.

When (if) that happens I can almost see the posts now demanding we plough that money back in to the squad. It just won’t be possible.

Next year could well be a slog. We won’t have much to spend and we will need to replace Guehi, Woodman, Ayew, potentially Roberts and get in a striker.

It’s going to be ugly. I just only hope people won’t be demanding top 2, oblivious of the harsh realities we will face. Next season could be the hardest yet to make the play offs.

What is a positive however is we should then finally be on somewhat of an even keel, or in that ball park.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Reading on 11:26 - Apr 14 with 1285 viewsKeithHaynes

Great post and observations from the OP.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading on 11:34 - Apr 14 with 1271 viewsjasper_T

The Championship is a money pit and some owners can't stop shovelling.
Reading on 11:37 - Apr 14 with 1270 viewsDr_Winston

Reading on 11:26 - Apr 14 by KeithHaynes

Great post and observations from the OP.

Be interesting to see debt levels on a club by club basis. Assume that figure is out there somewhere.

The collapse of ITV Digital should have been a wake-up call but still the spending goes on. One day the house of cards may come tumbling down.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Reading on 12:08 - Apr 14 with 1243 views34dfgdf54

Reading on 11:09 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely agree.

Next season when the parachute payments go, I think in order to balance the books we will have to leave Ayew walk away after his contract is finished off this season and we may need to sell on Roberts.

When (if) that happens I can almost see the posts now demanding we plough that money back in to the squad. It just won’t be possible.

Next year could well be a slog. We won’t have much to spend and we will need to replace Guehi, Woodman, Ayew, potentially Roberts and get in a striker.

It’s going to be ugly. I just only hope people won’t be demanding top 2, oblivious of the harsh realities we will face. Next season could be the hardest yet to make the play offs.

What is a positive however is we should then finally be on somewhat of an even keel, or in that ball park.

Woodman and Guehi - we have ready made replacements who i am confident will step up to plate from our brilliant academy system. Also have Cabango who I'm sure will have a better chance of being considered starting centre half once Guehi goes. Another year of experience under his belt.

Roberts - Not certain he will have premier league interest. Grimes is the one for me who could well be snaffled.

I fully expect us to have another decent squad this season if we are still in this league.
Reading on 13:00 - Apr 14 with 1196 viewsReslovenSwan1

Benda, Brandon Cooper, Ollie Cooper, Garrick and Cullen are ready to be fully tested as championship regulars particularly Benda, Cooper B and Garrick all of whom will have EFL experience under their belts. Byers will presumably return.

Rushesha, Cooper O and Cullen might go an get 6 month loan but must play. Rushesha LoW perhaps like Cabango.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Reading on 13:17 - Apr 14 with 1185 viewsKeithHaynes

Reading on 11:37 - Apr 14 by Dr_Winston

Be interesting to see debt levels on a club by club basis. Assume that figure is out there somewhere.

The collapse of ITV Digital should have been a wake-up call but still the spending goes on. One day the house of cards may come tumbling down.

ITV didgital,was it linked to Setanta too ? They signed me up for their Welsh football shows, the money was mental. I took the view of it looks too good it probably is too good. Went bust owing me 3k, I felt like John Hollins and Mathew Bound all rolled in to one 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Reading on 13:32 - Apr 14 with 1165 views34dfgdf54

Reading on 13:00 - Apr 14 by ReslovenSwan1

Benda, Brandon Cooper, Ollie Cooper, Garrick and Cullen are ready to be fully tested as championship regulars particularly Benda, Cooper B and Garrick all of whom will have EFL experience under their belts. Byers will presumably return.

Rushesha, Cooper O and Cullen might go an get 6 month loan but must play. Rushesha LoW perhaps like Cabango.

Agreed.

I see Benda and Brandon Cooper taking to the first team like a duck to water, but proof will be in pudding.

With us now utilising a 433 Garrick is also a good option, raw pace. Not sure he will be regular starter but off the bench will be good. Scored again for Swindon yesterday.

Not seen enough of Ollie Cooper to make judgement, Cullen will need to strengthen up a bit imo but has time on his side.
Login to get fewer ads

Reading on 13:41 - Apr 14 with 1152 viewsThornburyswan

Reading on 11:09 - Apr 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely agree.

Yup if we don’t go up then suspect all our loanees plus out of contract players will have to exit - including Nauts, Routs & Ayew plus probably one decent sale - suspect you are right on Roberts but could include anyone if someone comes in with a decent offer.

That said suspect that would still mean we on a better financial footing than the bulk of the division so provided we recruit well should still be able to compete amongst top 8 clubs.
Reading on 14:26 - Apr 14 with 1125 viewsReslovenSwan1

There are also of course Latibeaudire and Whiitaker who were imported straight into the first team squad. They will have to play next season.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024