Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum 10:09 - Apr 20 with 3767 viewsKeithHaynes

Personally I can’t see it happening, but it will raise his stock just being included. This for me means he will get plenty of offers come the end of the season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 21:57 - Apr 24 with 367 viewspencoedjack

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 18:00 - Apr 20 by angryjack

Potter is a quality manager who plays quality football

Still has a chance of getting Brighton relegated after losing to Sheffield United tonight.

Potter is vey overrated
Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 00:09 - Apr 25 with 323 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 21:40 - Apr 24 by PatchesOHoulihan

I mean if we lose games that we’ve actually managed to have some shots on goal, or attack at pace, or just anything which might make me get off my seat

Losing like we have this year with no shots on target, no chances and general slow play all over the pitch I personally find difficult to watch.

Ok well if we have shots on target and attack at pace, and find ourselves in 15th spot come Xmas..: the fans will be in meltdown.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 00:13 - Apr 25 with 323 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 00:09 - Apr 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Ok well if we have shots on target and attack at pace, and find ourselves in 15th spot come Xmas..: the fans will be in meltdown.

Well argued. You might well be right but there are a lot of fans in meltdown now despite being nailed on for the play offs so clearly something is not right

Good performances are the sign of a good team. Overall we’ve had many good defensive performances.

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 00:18 - Apr 25 with 319 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 00:13 - Apr 25 by PatchesOHoulihan

Well argued. You might well be right but there are a lot of fans in meltdown now despite being nailed on for the play offs so clearly something is not right

Good performances are the sign of a good team. Overall we’ve had many good defensive performances.

I’d question whether they actually are or not though.

If you asked the 16,000 people independently that walk into the Liberty every week if they are unhappy with this season, I’m almost positive the vast majority would say no.

There are noisy people on the internet and it spreads. People generally go on social media and forums to moan rather than to praise. It’s a false cross section of the fan base.

We have had many good performances this year, it’s just they are largely ignored. There is deathly silence on here when we win.

Now if you asked those same 16,000 when we are 15th, regardless of how we have played, you would get a different answer altogether.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 0:21]

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:49 - Apr 25 with 271 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 00:18 - Apr 25 by Dr_Parnassus

I’d question whether they actually are or not though.

If you asked the 16,000 people independently that walk into the Liberty every week if they are unhappy with this season, I’m almost positive the vast majority would say no.

There are noisy people on the internet and it spreads. People generally go on social media and forums to moan rather than to praise. It’s a false cross section of the fan base.

We have had many good performances this year, it’s just they are largely ignored. There is deathly silence on here when we win.

Now if you asked those same 16,000 when we are 15th, regardless of how we have played, you would get a different answer altogether.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 0:21]

I don’t think good performances have been ignored at all. I think we’ve quite rightly given plaudits. It’s why it’s currently frustrating to see us playing like we are.
Because of the good performances earlier in the season I expect something when we play and barring the odd half here and there we haven’t played well for months

As far as a successful season ii suppose you could say it is if you asked 16k at the Liberty, but it would probably ignore the fact that we have lost our way results wise and the steady Eddie football we play ha been worked out by the most basic of managers so much we struggle to get a shot on target in 90 minutes of football

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:32 - Apr 25 with 252 viewsDr_Parnassus

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 08:49 - Apr 25 by PatchesOHoulihan

I don’t think good performances have been ignored at all. I think we’ve quite rightly given plaudits. It’s why it’s currently frustrating to see us playing like we are.
Because of the good performances earlier in the season I expect something when we play and barring the odd half here and there we haven’t played well for months

As far as a successful season ii suppose you could say it is if you asked 16k at the Liberty, but it would probably ignore the fact that we have lost our way results wise and the steady Eddie football we play ha been worked out by the most basic of managers so much we struggle to get a shot on target in 90 minutes of football

Yeah offensively we are awful, it was always going to be the case with no recognised or experienced striker. It has been that was since Brewster went back really. We have worked with what we had and ground out results as opposed to being relentlessly attacking, and to our credit we did that successfully for a long time.

Our average amount of shots per game is 10.2 and average shots on target is 3.5.

In terms of shots on target we are 10th, shots per game we are 19th.

In short, we are pretty toothless. Its amazing we are where we are really.

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 11:48 - Apr 25 with 221 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Steve Cooper for Spurs is building momentum on 09:32 - Apr 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah offensively we are awful, it was always going to be the case with no recognised or experienced striker. It has been that was since Brewster went back really. We have worked with what we had and ground out results as opposed to being relentlessly attacking, and to our credit we did that successfully for a long time.

Our average amount of shots per game is 10.2 and average shots on target is 3.5.

In terms of shots on target we are 10th, shots per game we are 19th.

In short, we are pretty toothless. Its amazing we are where we are really.

I agree with a lot of that however we could put anyone up front in our team over the last few months and can’t see much difference in attempts at goal because of how the ball gets there

Hopefully I’m wrong and Cullen kicks on and we get some confidence before the playoffs and performances turn around while staying strong defensively

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024