Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A free UK 08:27 - May 10 with 10149 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I have started a new thread as the remain thread seems to have locked with no new comments allowed.

Michael Barnier has admitted that Britain could not have achieved is vaccine success if we had remained members of the EU. He added that Britain and America have proved that taking risks can sometimes be worthwhile.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

A free UK on 08:30 - May 10 with 3775 viewsonehunglow

Morning Felix
I voted to remain as I don't like uncertainty .We were also looking at retiring abroad .

Now I'm pretty we didn't as a country vote remain.

I wish people wouldn't rip into each other and label each other.

We are obsessed with labelling people.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

A free UK on 08:33 - May 10 with 3775 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A free UK on 08:30 - May 10 by onehunglow

Morning Felix
I voted to remain as I don't like uncertainty .We were also looking at retiring abroad .

I am just trying to be positive posting good news where I can.

A free UK on 08:36 - May 10 with 3765 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 08:33 - May 10 by felixstowe_jack

You are nothing but a little ray of sunshine.
Join me in the shadows

A free UK on 09:12 - May 10 with 3750 viewsCatullus

A free UK on 08:33 - May 10 by felixstowe_jack

I'm with you Felix, brexit is done and it's time to move on. We could stagnate in the past or work to make things better.

That's why I have said a few times that it's time for Wales to pull together behind the Senedd and try to build the Wales we all want.....well most of us want anyway. The indy nats will probably keep up their seperatist chit chat!

I saw a story about Barnier and some of his comments arund the talks and some of it was quite positive about the UK, some of it seemed to me to be the start of his run to get into politics, it seems he has ambitions there, maybe to replace Macron.

Nobody can deny Bojo is a clown but Starmer has hardly wrapped himself in glory so far either. For my money Bojo has done better than I expected. The problem is the lack of co-opertion between the Senedd and Westminster. They both play political games. Drakeford should suck it up and tell Bojo straight, give the Senedd more powers, let us run our own affairs properly and it can actually strengthen the Union. If Wales is doing well inside the Union why would any sensible person want to leave?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:44 - May 10 with 3730 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Morning Felix

A free UK on 09:45 - May 10 with 3723 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 09:12 - May 10 by Catullus

I'm with you Felix, brexit is done and it's time to move on. We could stagnate in the past or work to make things better.

That's why I have said a few times that it's time for Wales to pull together behind the Senedd and try to build the Wales we all want.....well most of us want anyway. The indy nats will probably keep up their seperatist chit chat!

I saw a story about Barnier and some of his comments arund the talks and some of it was quite positive about the UK, some of it seemed to me to be the start of his run to get into politics, it seems he has ambitions there, maybe to replace Macron.

Nobody can deny Bojo is a clown but Starmer has hardly wrapped himself in glory so far either. For my money Bojo has done better than I expected. The problem is the lack of co-opertion between the Senedd and Westminster. They both play political games. Drakeford should suck it up and tell Bojo straight, give the Senedd more powers, let us run our own affairs properly and it can actually strengthen the Union. If Wales is doing well inside the Union why would any sensible person want to leave?

Cat.
Why?
It might be purely "cultural" reasons, the language,the "immigrants" flocking into Wales,the diffusion of English in welsh speaking enclaves, the diluting of the language generally;just who knows.

There is no economic logic to leaving the Union.People know that. We are simply pasing the time exchanging text on this. It aint gonna happen.EVER

A free UK on 09:50 - May 10 with 3722 viewsCatullus

A free UK on 09:45 - May 10 by onehunglow

Cat.
Why?
It might be purely "cultural" reasons, the language,the "immigrants" flocking into Wales,the diffusion of English in welsh speaking enclaves, the diluting of the language generally;just who knows.

There is no economic logic to leaving the Union.People know that. We are simply pasing the time exchanging text on this. It aint gonna happen.EVER

Why what?

It reads as if you think I was making a case for indy, which I wasn't.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

A free UK on 09:58 - May 10 with 3705 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 09:50 - May 10 by Catullus

Why what?

It reads as if you think I was making a case for indy, which I wasn't.

Why?
I was answering as to why you raised the question which is why I wroyte that.

I'm getting confused now. I know you are not an advocate for Indy.

I was suggesting reason a to why Indy is so loved by some.

Login to get fewer ads

A free UK on 10:04 - May 10 with 3707 viewsCatullus

A free UK on 09:58 - May 10 by onehunglow

Why?
I was answering as to why you raised the question which is why I wroyte that.

I'm getting confused now. I know you are not an advocate for Indy.

I was suggesting reason a to why Indy is so loved by some.

You know what, I don;t know why indy is so loved by some, especially those who would go straight into the EU. Thatis not indy.

I have no doubt that for some of them it's about hatred of all things Englsih. We've seen the bile on here.

A free UK on 10:13 - May 10 with 3697 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 10:04 - May 10 by Catullus

You know what, I don;t know why indy is so loved by some, especially those who would go straight into the EU. Thatis not indy.

I have no doubt that for some of them it's about hatred of all things Englsih. We've seen the bile on here.

That is what I believe.In all my 26 yrs in Swansea and with family still there,I never met anything fancying breaking away from the UK.

IMO,it is valley people and rural Welsh speakers that drive this.No disrespect to them personally and we do live in a democracy.

So ALL opinions have equal validity.

It's not poison ,as I read some see it.

A free UK on 10:23 - May 10 with 3696 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s a good news thread and good news is good news.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A free UK on 10:27 - May 10 with 3691 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 10:23 - May 10 by KeithHaynes

It’s a good news thread and good news is good news.

Wasnt there a religious periodical ,"Good News".

Anyway,remember this one.

A Jonathan King production mind

A free UK on 10:48 - May 10 with 3683 viewsBoundy

I quite like the idea of independence , running our own affairs etc , but also old enough and realistic enough to realise that we are stronger as a Union . The fact is the past 20 years have been an unmitigated disaster for Wales, no redeeming features and very little positives to show for a mildly devolved country is worrying and the thought that the current crop of career politicians is the best that is on offer fills me with dread when you combine it with the idea of independence .Despite all the rhetoric no one has convinced me that we as a nation would be better off independent from London

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

A free UK on 11:22 - May 10 with 3663 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 10:48 - May 10 by Boundy

I quite like the idea of independence , running our own affairs etc , but also old enough and realistic enough to realise that we are stronger as a Union . The fact is the past 20 years have been an unmitigated disaster for Wales, no redeeming features and very little positives to show for a mildly devolved country is worrying and the thought that the current crop of career politicians is the best that is on offer fills me with dread when you combine it with the idea of independence .Despite all the rhetoric no one has convinced me that we as a nation would be better off independent from London

's nothing.
People here want indy for west Wirral and border controls to stop the scousers from entering from the east and lowering the tone.

A free UK on 17:32 - May 10 with 3588 views73__73

Rule Britannia 🇬🇧

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

A free UK on 21:49 - May 10 with 3514 viewsKilkennyjack

A free UK on 17:32 - May 10 by 73__73

Rule Britannia 🇬🇧

Said he had a bad back, viva Gareth Bale ... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Say NO to TeamGB. 💪

Beware of the Risen People

A free UK on 22:39 - May 10 with 3494 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A free UK on 21:49 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

Say NO to TeamGB. 💪

You don't like the Olympics or British lions then.

The only sports that the four nations compete as separate entities are the ones the British invented, football, cricket and rugby. Plus the commonwealth games which of course you do not approve of.

A free UK on 22:59 - May 10 with 3471 viewsjack_lord

A free UK on 10:13 - May 10 by onehunglow

That is what I believe.In all my 26 yrs in Swansea and with family still there,I never met anything fancying breaking away from the UK.

IMO,it is valley people and rural Welsh speakers that drive this.No disrespect to them personally and we do live in a democracy.

I remember asking you about 5 years ago on here what on earth you meant by valley people. I was shocked by your answer then so please remind me because I'm hoping you have widened your horizons.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

A free UK on 23:34 - May 10 with 3439 viewsMarcella

Morning Felix

" I wish people wouldn't rip into each other and label each other. We are obsessed with labelling people."

The word hypocrite comes from the Greek word hypokrites – “an actor” or “a stage player.” It literally translates as “an interpreter from underneath” which reflects that ancient Greek actors wore masks and the actor spoke from underneath that mask.
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:42 - May 11 with 3414 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A free UK on 21:49 - May 10 by Kilkennyjack

Say NO to TeamGB. 💪

A free UK on 06:44 - May 11 with 3390 viewsbuilthjack

A free UK on 10:13 - May 10 by onehunglow

Who or what are "valley people" ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A free UK on 07:41 - May 11 with 3391 viewsShiningPorth

A free UK on 06:44 - May 11 by builthjack

Who or what are "valley people" ?

Clearly people considered below those from Swansea.
A free UK on 08:24 - May 11 with 3368 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 22:39 - May 10 by felixstowe_jack

You don't like the Olympics or British lions then.

The only sports that the four nations compete as separate entities are the ones the British invented, football, cricket and rugby. Plus the commonwealth games which of course you do not approve of.

United ,innit

A free UK on 08:45 - May 11 with 3361 viewsBoundy

A free UK on 07:41 - May 11 by ShiningPorth

Clearly people considered below those from Swansea.

I live as many others in the lower Swansea valley although on the upper reaches so technically I do look down on others , although I suspect that's not what you mean

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

A free UK on 08:55 - May 11 with 3355 viewsonehunglow

A free UK on 08:45 - May 11 by Boundy

I live as many others in the lower Swansea valley although on the upper reaches so technically I do look down on others , although I suspect that's not what you mean

Boundy.
Do you reckon the climate is colder and wetter north of Clydach.

Being a Gower person,we were told it was. People friendler without question

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024