Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. 23:37 - Jun 10 with 2977 viewsKeithHaynes

I made my debut after 15 months under the lights tonight in one of the many very decent 4G pitches we have here, Full game etc. I’ve just realised I no longer have what I had, my head says yes, but the legs and the rest of me say no. The standard is high but sadly I am not any more, even if I was it doesn’t show.

Do I continue is my first thought tonight, we kick off at 10pm here, it’s a bit cooler, we have youngsters from 21 upwards playing, they are brilliant, it doesn’t surprise me the Spanish are so good at football etc. I am not the oldest nor the slowest but driving home tonight with my kebab I felt quite sad. The kebab was rubbish too.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 01:39 - Jun 18 with 397 viewsKeithHaynes

Just in, played an absolute blinder ( in my head ) few jars afterwards.
The boys are back, I missed a penalty 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 08:21 - Jun 18 with 355 viewsFireboy2

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 01:39 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

Just in, played an absolute blinder ( in my head ) few jars afterwards.
The boys are back, I missed a penalty 😂


Did they call you Keith Bale 🤣🤣🤣
0
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 09:20 - Jun 18 with 335 viewsKeithHaynes

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 08:21 - Jun 18 by Fireboy2

Did they call you Keith Bale 🤣🤣🤣


They call me many things. Especially the Germans.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 10:17 - Jun 18 with 318 viewsCatullus

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 09:20 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

They call me many things. Especially the Germans.


Surely not.... backpfeifengesicht? Or maybe a teetrinker? The Germans have some marvellous insults! Sock folder

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

1
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 10:22 - Jun 18 with 316 viewsJJJack

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 10:17 - Jun 18 by Catullus

Surely not.... backpfeifengesicht? Or maybe a teetrinker? The Germans have some marvellous insults! Sock folder


Very rarely play football now because at 50, the legs are gone and injuries play up. Really enjoyed playing badminton a few times recently - always been a decent tennis player so found it easy to pick up. But cricket is my love these days. Took it up about a decade ago. I was rubbish. But nowadays I can hold a bat but bowling is my main forte and am getting plenty of joy. I play for Bohemians CC in the Bristol & District Leagues. Even missed the playoff final to play in a league game at Portishead. Would have considered this sacrilege just a few years ago but priorities change....
3
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 10:25 - Jun 18 with 311 viewsKeithHaynes

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 10:17 - Jun 18 by Catullus

Surely not.... backpfeifengesicht? Or maybe a teetrinker? The Germans have some marvellous insults! Sock folder


I’ll try a few of them 👍

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 12:20 - Jun 18 with 297 viewsCatullus

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 10:25 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

I’ll try a few of them 👍


Not that I want to cause any trouble with the Germans....obviously

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 00:15 - Jun 21 with 253 viewsKeithHaynes

Who still plays football, tennis, cricket etc. on 12:20 - Jun 18 by Catullus

Not that I want to cause any trouble with the Germans....obviously


I do 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026