Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester Arena inquiry 16:29 - Oct 20 with 2027 viewsbritferry

A British Transport Police officer, who was decorated for her bravery after the attack, took a 2 hour break with a colleague to buy a kebab, when they were only allowed an hour. She was on duty at the train station where he arrived.

If just one of them had been at their post, he could have been stopped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8856435/Pc-tells-Arena-attack-inquiry-t

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Manchester Arena inquiry on 16:37 - Oct 20 with 1545 viewsswan65split

If you've seen the cctv footage of the bomber with that pack on his back, he looked totally out of place and struggling as he walked. and as someone stated at the enquiry this week looked very suspicious , should have been confronted.
Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:03 - Oct 20 with 1501 viewsraynor94

Well the evidence from the dad today who reported the bomber to a steward and he refused to get involved.

Is truly shocking

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:19 - Oct 20 with 1495 viewsKeithHaynes

I just hope these guys are telling the truth and there’s at least some proof.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:29 - Oct 20 with 1490 viewsbritferry

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:03 - Oct 20 by raynor94

Well the evidence from the dad today who reported the bomber to a steward and he refused to get involved.

Is truly shocking

Just saw it on the 6pm news, shocking... the bomber was hiding and the father confronted him and repeatedly asked him questions which he wouldn't answer, he then went looking for police but only found a security guard who said he "knew about the bloke with the ruck sack".

The security guard called "Mr Agga" (something like that) will be questioned later.

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:37 - Oct 20 with 1483 viewscontroversial_jack

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:29 - Oct 20 by britferry

Just saw it on the 6pm news, shocking... the bomber was hiding and the father confronted him and repeatedly asked him questions which he wouldn't answer, he then went looking for police but only found a security guard who said he "knew about the bloke with the ruck sack".

The security guard called "Mr Agga" (something like that) will be questioned later.

Security guards have no authority and call only call the police which he should have.Anyone could have called the police, but hindsight is great
Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:46 - Oct 20 with 1478 viewsBoundy

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:37 - Oct 20 by controversial_jack

Security guards have no authority and call only call the police which he should have.Anyone could have called the police, but hindsight is great

Honestly that's the best response you could have come up with" I wonder what the security guard was " securing "

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Manchester Arena inquiry on 19:38 - Oct 20 with 1461 viewsbritferry

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:37 - Oct 20 by controversial_jack

if he told him to leave, he would have left.

Just to test out your theory, I'll tell the bouncers that next time they try to kick me out of Barons

Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:15 - Oct 20 with 1439 viewsCatullus

Manchester Arena inquiry on 19:38 - Oct 20 by britferry

Just to test out your theory, I'll tell the bouncers that next time they try to kick me out of Barons

Only if you can time travel, on the way back stop off at Manchester arena and phone the police!

If he looked so out of place and dodgy why did no one phone the police? Terrorists love a soft target and an area full of kids, you don't get much softer.

The security guard should get a proper grilling.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:34 - Oct 20 with 1426 viewsswan65split

Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:15 - Oct 20 by Catullus

Only if you can time travel, on the way back stop off at Manchester arena and phone the police!

If he looked so out of place and dodgy why did no one phone the police? Terrorists love a soft target and an area full of kids, you don't get much softer.

The security guard should get a proper grilling.

Have you not seen the cctv? he looked like sherpa tensing heading for everest base camp, loaded up,
Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:48 - Oct 20 with 1414 viewsbritferry

Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:51 - Oct 20 with 1408 viewsswan65split

Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:48 - Oct 20 by britferry

someone should have picked him out,
Manchester Arena inquiry on 10:03 - Oct 21 with 1337 viewsCatullus

Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:51 - Oct 20 by swan65split

someone should have picked him out,

They should have, but with the decorated Police officer taking an extended break and the security guard not interested...then the CCTV operator maybe not bothered either, what could people do? They could have left the arena if concerned I guess.

Someone should be held responsible and face punishment but lets be honest, he was a suicide bomber, he was willing to die. The bomb would have gone off somewhere, no matter what, as soon as he ralised the game was up it was and we can only speculate as to whether lives would have been saved or more lives lost.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Manchester Arena inquiry on 17:21 - Oct 27 with 1296 viewsbritferry

The testimonies from yesterday and today goes to show the quality of the stewards on duty, just people going thru the motions to earn a bit of extra cash. I can't blame them at all, its just the way things are, they aren't in at as a profession.

Manchester Arena inquiry on 17:26 - Oct 27 with 1284 viewsonehunglow

Let's not forget the stewards and police are not those who took a device into the MEN to blow kids to pieces.

Let's apportion evil and blame where it lies-with the terrorist.

Mistakes made but events like this shouldn't happen.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Manchester Arena inquiry on 22:45 - Oct 27 with 1239 viewsmajorraglan

Manchester Arena inquiry on 17:26 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Let's not forget the stewards and police are not those who took a device into the MEN to blow kids to pieces.

Let's apportion evil and blame where it lies-with the terrorist.

Mistakes made but events like this shouldn't happen.

Down arrowed in error.
Manchester Arena inquiry on 23:02 - Oct 27 with 1231 viewsNotLoyal

We love a scapegoat in hindsight in the UK.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Manchester Arena inquiry on 23:27 - Oct 27 with 1223 viewsmajorraglan

Manchester Arena inquiry on 17:21 - Oct 27 by britferry

The testimonies from yesterday and today goes to show the quality of the stewards on duty, just people going thru the motions to earn a bit of extra cash. I can't blame them at all, its just the way things are, they aren't in at as a profession.

Agreed. I read in the Daily Mail one of the stewards was an 18 year old kid who was earning £4.24 an hour. Mental, what do people expect when that’s the profile of the employees.
Manchester Arena inquiry on 00:02 - Oct 28 with 1214 viewsswan65split

Manchester Arena inquiry on 23:02 - Oct 27 by NotLoyal

We love a scapegoat in hindsight in the UK.

I understand what your saying, and hopefully security for events when and if we get back to some sort of normality, will have learned from this,
Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:58 - Nov 2 with 1147 viewsbritferry

Manchester Arena inquiry on 20:48 - Oct 20 by britferry

a manager now reckons he "blended in too well" with all the mum & dads & kids

Manchester Arena inquiry on 07:50 - Jun 17 with 856 viewsbritferry

findings released at 2pm today

Manchester Arena inquiry on 09:34 - Jun 17 with 799 viewsCatullus

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:03 - Oct 20 by raynor94

Is truly shocking

That struck me too, these teenage stewards on minimum wage with barely even basic training, surely it makes shiowsec/SMG culpable too? They had "security" there who weren't fit for purpose. I can imagine these two teens after being told....you go, no you go, I'm not doing it, nor me and off they walked leaving the mad bomber to kill people.

After this inquiry things need to happen and in conjunction with the defibrillator campaign too. How about every arena having, by law, every square inch of public space covered by cctv, no blind spots. Defibrillators next to every fire extinguisher. Security companies having to supply at least 50% of their staff properly trained and with experience, no more instances of a couple of teens being left in charge.

Those BTP though, a 2 hour break, a 10 mile drive to get food, shouldn't they be facing punishment, their neglect is shocking.

Manchester Arena inquiry on 12:41 - Jun 17 with 772 viewscontroversial_jack

Manchester Arena inquiry on 19:38 - Oct 20 by britferry

A guy loaded with a bomb, intent on killing as many ppl as possible, would just have left quietly if asked to? I've heard it all now.
Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:10 - Jun 17 with 721 viewsCountyJim

Not long after this the Mrs and me where out in town (Newport) for a night out I noticed an Asian bloke in his 30s I'd say of Arab decent brought a rucksack into the pub we where in anyway it grabbed my attention and I was hoping the door security would have thought the same anyway he left this bag under a table and left the table I said to my Mrs I've got a horrible feeling here so went up to the door staff explained the way I felt the black doorman said was I a racist because an Asian bloke had a rucksack you really couldn't write it I went back in told my Mrs we left on the way out the door man I spoke to was sarcastic had s good night then Sir we about two minutes later saw two PCSOs I explained what happened fair play they understood my concern and could see they entered the pub .

Obviously nothing happened but I couldn't believe the reaction of the door staff
Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:19 - Jun 17 with 716 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:10 - Jun 17 by CountyJim

Not long after this the Mrs and me where out in town (Newport) for a night out I noticed an Asian bloke in his 30s I'd say of Arab decent brought a rucksack into the pub we where in anyway it grabbed my attention and I was hoping the door security would have thought the same anyway he left this bag under a table and left the table I said to my Mrs I've got a horrible feeling here so went up to the door staff explained the way I felt the black doorman said was I a racist because an Asian bloke had a rucksack you really couldn't write it I went back in told my Mrs we left on the way out the door man I spoke to was sarcastic had s good night then Sir we about two minutes later saw two PCSOs I explained what happened fair play they understood my concern and could see they entered the pub .

Obviously nothing happened but I couldn't believe the reaction of the door staff

It only takes a couple of minutes to politely ask a couple of questions of a person away from their baggage. If you trained you know what to ask and what to look out for in the response.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:46 - Jun 17 with 700 viewsLohengrin

Manchester Arena inquiry on 18:10 - Jun 17 by CountyJim

If you remember not too long after the bombing one of the young security guards was asked why the murderer hadn’t been challenged? His answer was that it was too much hassle fronting Asians. They play the race card straight away and he could have ended up on a disciplinary with work or being questioned by the police. It was an honest answer and this is where the madness has led us.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024