Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. 18:21 - Jul 22 with 2205 viewsReslovenSwan1

I have a a very good recollection of of the old sages on here and on the fantasy forum SCFC2 explaining to the masses that according to "Hedge fund" methodology the US owners will depart as soon as the parachute ends as there would be no reason for them to stay. I was on SCFC 2 then to be honest before getting banned for asking awkward questions.

They also said the US people would never invest any new cash. While the cash investment thing is a little vague with the convertible loan notes, cash is in the bunker at Fairwood and
the club might not have to pay it back with interest.

As far as i am aware at this point there appears to be no plan to divest and leave their south Wales investment.

Does anyone else remember these predictions or own up to them? Perhaps it will still happen. Anything is possible at Swansea city.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:38 - Jul 25 with 156 viewsReslovenSwan1

The sages used to say the US guys will go when the parachute ends. on 20:02 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

Brentford had bigger losses than we did.

Full stop.

They invested more in players as they have an owner who has invested tens of millions.

We do not. And that’s fine. But saying they only bought people because of their trading is simply bollox. And the stadium expenditure doesn’t hit those figures as it’s a balance sheet expenditure not a P&L expenditure.

They really should find someone who is not utterly financially illiterate to do some of the heavy lifting you know.

Your comments do not seem to make any sense and you are almost certainly wrong. I am not an accountant and talking about P&L means nothing to me or anyone else on this forum. You can use this language with Derek on the fourth floor over a coffee in the canteen but on here you are talking to the fairies.

Are you saying they bought Janelt and Toney with new cash from the owners and not money recovered from the sale of Watkins and Benrahma? This seems a little strange.

The loss presumably was only temporary until the money came in from West Ham and Villa. About £50m or so. As I understand what you are saying the stadium costs are in some separate from the bottom line annual accounts which is fair enough I suppose.

Who are "they"? what "heavy lifting"? in you odd last sentence. Please explain.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024