Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair 17:02 - Aug 7 with 5877 viewsdmm

Chair's absence today showed what he brings to the team. We missed how he knits together midfield and attack, his ability to hold possession going forward, his energy, movement and creativity.

There's no doubt as to his importance to how we play.
Chair on 17:06 - Aug 7 with 4398 viewsbosh67

Yes he has the ability to drift and ferret about and that pulls relatively rigidly organised teams like Millwall out of shape.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chair on 17:17 - Aug 7 with 4343 viewsMyke

Hope it's not a serious illness or covid related
Chair on 17:42 - Aug 7 with 4233 viewsHAYESBOY

Missed the Chair Willock combination today.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chair on 17:52 - Aug 7 with 4175 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was thinking the same at some point during the game.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Chair on 18:07 - Aug 7 with 4073 viewsqpr_1968

Chair on 17:42 - Aug 7 by HAYESBOY

Missed the Chair Willock combination today.

agree.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Chair on 19:46 - Aug 7 with 3758 viewsgolborne

Clear that to start the game it’s got to be 2 behind the 1. They pressed us high up the pitch and without 2 outlets it was meat and veg to them. All they had to do was shutout willock. Starting with 2 upfront left us with no flexibility to change it, until we take off Austin, which we’re rightly not gonna do before his time is up.
Thomas is alright, but not at the same level as the other 2. For a lad who clearly likes the gym and has a fairly low centre of gravity, he d’narf get blushed off the ball easily. MW implies the Dozzel can play further forward, so maybe would have been a better option to replace chair in an advanced role.
Regardless, I thought we were tactically poor today from the off, but hopefully the management team learnt something that helps us in the long run.
And they’re not easy oppo, they love a draw and suffer defeat much less than most. Chair and the triangles would have seen us worthy winners I’m sure.
Chair on 20:04 - Aug 7 with 3687 viewsGloryHunter

Shows we maybe haven't got the strength in depth that we thought we had.
Chair on 20:16 - Aug 7 with 3635 viewsNorthantsHoop

We missed Chair today, just hope this illness stuff is not a cover up for a bid from Watford. Although to be honest if a decent cash bid is offered, based on our model of develop and sell at at a good profit then a decent bid near £10m would be hard to turn down.
Login to get fewer ads

Chair on 20:26 - Aug 7 with 3592 viewsQPR_Nippon

I think this was also noticeable last season, on the few occasions Chair didn’t play we looked a less potent attacking force. He really is integral to the way we play and today I felt there wasn’t the same intensity and purpose that we saw in pre-season when Ilias was playing.
Chair on 20:42 - Aug 7 with 3539 viewsT_Block

Agreed Yes Warbs got it wrong today.Willock was off form and on his own in making things happen.

Last 30 minutes were nice with Johansen doing a passable Modric impression.Millwall are horrible.Imagine watching that week in week out
Chair on 20:44 - Aug 7 with 3527 viewsT_Block

Also should have given Bettache a cameo.George Thomas must be good in training cos I rate Bettache highly.Especially when Johansen went off.Like for Like replacement?
Chair on 20:51 - Aug 7 with 3483 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Chair on 20:44 - Aug 7 by T_Block

Also should have given Bettache a cameo.George Thomas must be good in training cos I rate Bettache highly.Especially when Johansen went off.Like for Like replacement?

I dunno. It was a very physical battle it was in midfield. Dom Ball had a huge game. Agree about GT though just didn't offer much.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Chair on 21:01 - Aug 7 with 3437 viewsmcqpr10

Chair a massive loss today. Willock half the player without him
Chair on 22:47 - Aug 7 with 3144 viewsDavieQPR

Rumour is withdrawn and off to Watford for £10m plus Gray.
Chair on 06:07 - Aug 8 with 2842 viewsLeedsR

Chair on 22:47 - Aug 7 by DavieQPR

Sauce??
Chair on 08:45 - Aug 8 with 2622 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Chair on 20:44 - Aug 7 by T_Block

I said this at half time. Bettache to come on in the Chair role and Austin off. A further body in midfield where we were often overrun. Thomas tries and runs about but offers very little. If we do sell Chair then Bettache, despite his lack of experience, is the only comparable replacement.
Chair on 09:57 - Aug 8 with 2495 viewsTacticalR

Chair on 22:47 - Aug 7 by DavieQPR

That's cheaper than Grealish.

Air hostess clique

Chair on 10:08 - Aug 8 with 2434 viewsdmm

It's interesting to see a few suggesting Bettache could play the Chair role. I had thought Bettache was more of a DCM but watching him play further forward in the freindlies, I can see he'd do well in an ACM role.

Warburton has repeatedly said he wants Bettache out on loan so I expect that will happen. I just hope it's at a decent footballing club and level.
Chair on 14:00 - Aug 8 with 2137 viewsDWQPR

Chair on 21:01 - Aug 7 by mcqpr10

Strange how people see games and player performances differently. I thought Willock had a very good game, and considering the amount of attention he was afforded by the cloggers being kicked or pulled back consistently he was a constant thorn in the side and was very unlucky not to get that goal in the second half after a sublime dummy.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Chair on 14:41 - Aug 8 with 2033 viewsdaveB

Chair on 14:00 - Aug 8 by DWQPR

Strange how people see games and player performances differently. I thought Willock had a very good game, and considering the amount of attention he was afforded by the cloggers being kicked or pulled back consistently he was a constant thorn in the side and was very unlucky not to get that goal in the second half after a sublime dummy.

yeah I thought Wilock had a decent game.
Chair on 14:49 - Aug 8 with 2011 viewsHAYESBOY

Yes, thought Willock did well. Was obviously targeted early on. Had his shirt pulled several times when getting away from players. Very unlucky not to score after a great nutmeg. Good save from the keeper.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Chair on 14:52 - Aug 8 with 1992 viewstraininvain

Shades of Adel vs Swansea. It would’ve been some goal.
Chair on 17:37 - Aug 8 with 1803 viewsgazza1

Willock was average yesterday along with 3/4 others and hence why we did not get 3 points....
Chair on 17:39 - Aug 8 with 1776 viewsgazza1

Chair on 21:01 - Aug 7 by mcqpr10

So, are you suggesting that if Chair doesn't play then Willock should not be chosen as he is only 'half the player........Willock just didn't do what he has been doing in the friendlies and the back end of last season.
Chair on 17:40 - Aug 8 with 1759 viewsEsox_Lucius

Chair on 17:37 - Aug 8 by gazza1

Willock was average yesterday along with 3/4 others and hence why we did not get 3 points....

Willock was a constant thorn in Millwall's side hence the treatment he got. He certainly missed being able to bounce off Chair and vice versa but he was one of our best players yesterday.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024