Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The TRUTH behind the swim away 14:49 - Oct 22 with 6413 viewsDr_Parnassus

https://www.cardiffcityforum.c

Absolutely wetting myself here. How can such a thing have upset them so much? Grown men clearly foaming at the mouth over this, it’s like all the years of taunting has finally come to a head this week.

Just hilarious stuff.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

-1
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:06 - Oct 24 with 896 viewsbennytheblue

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 10:22 - Oct 24 by 73__73

Don’t talk cr@p. The swim away incident was reported on the front page of the South Wales evening post, and in those days the evening post had a big circulation up as far as Bridgend.

So the idea no one east of Port Talbort had a clue about it is just more lies from people like you.


We don’t hear stuff that goes on in swansea, I’ve never even seen the south Wales evening post. Why would I lie? It was a local beef. Did you used to hear about the huge brawls in town at 2am between the docks and Ely? 100 plus fighting in Charles street or bottom of st Mary street. I doubt it.
-1
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:08 - Oct 24 with 891 viewsbennytheblue

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 07:36 - Oct 24 by owainglyndwr

Now then Mr Sven

Battle of Ninian day we got off the train at Ninian Station as we came down the steps you run at us from the Ninian pub direction, my mate was put on his arse we started laughing and then chased you all past the Ninian pub until police hit out at us.

We then made our way around to the ground , this was strange the back of your main stand was all open and you scummers started giving it big time to the passing Jack's,
We slipped in about 15 of us stood behind your fans giving it big to and one of the Boys yelled Swaaaaanseeea .
It was like the parting of the red sea ...
In the ground your so called children started throwing coins and giving it big time and baiting Swans fans......children my arse
After your seats fell apart there was police and horses lined in front of us ...
Your lot run on the pitch got chased by the police and run off the pitch again.

A few of you tried to get into to groups outside but no real challenge from you...., we walked to the train and that was that

I think everyone on here who attended could confirm this ..

Now Swim away


So, 15 of you warriors went behind the canton stand was it? And you made hundreds of cardiff fans run away? I think I have now heard everything. Thank you
-1
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:08 - Oct 24 with 891 viewsCatullus

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 17:11 - Oct 23 by bennytheblue

I mean in the months and even years after, not 30 yrs later ffs….Christ you even have pensioners and kids in the family stand doing it these days lol…..you think it’s a wind up for some odd reason even though most cardiff fans just laugh about it, they didn’t even care in the night, just got taken the piss out if by other cardiff supporters when they hit back to blue territory in PT


The way I heard it, from someone who was there was, it was around 15 Cardiff chased in to the sea by 30-40 Jacks, no actual fighting was done.

We don't think it was a victory, not a big result in any way but we do think it was hysterical and we laugh about it.

One question, if Cardiff fans don't care about it then why are you all making such a big fuss about it? Why go to the police and calling it "inciting violence"? Why would anybody get riled up enough to fight about something they don't care about?

I call BS, Cardiff fans trying to make claims because they find it embarrassing. Now it's getting major attention again...because your lot moaned about it.

I repeat Benny, we don't think it was a big victory we think it was hysterical and we are ;aughing at you.
I laugh at you for it and I was never a hooligan as any of the boys from that time would tell you, I know quite a few of them but I never ran with them, so to speak.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

1
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:10 - Oct 24 with 886 views73__73

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:06 - Oct 24 by bennytheblue

We don’t hear stuff that goes on in swansea, I’ve never even seen the south Wales evening post. Why would I lie? It was a local beef. Did you used to hear about the huge brawls in town at 2am between the docks and Ely? 100 plus fighting in Charles street or bottom of st Mary street. I doubt it.


Absolute nonsense. Any Cardiff fan who at the time says they knew nothing about it is a liar
Front page of the SWEP , a paper that is sold in places like Bridgend.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2021 11:13]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

0
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:11 - Oct 24 with 882 viewsbennytheblue

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:08 - Oct 24 by Catullus

The way I heard it, from someone who was there was, it was around 15 Cardiff chased in to the sea by 30-40 Jacks, no actual fighting was done.

We don't think it was a victory, not a big result in any way but we do think it was hysterical and we laugh about it.

One question, if Cardiff fans don't care about it then why are you all making such a big fuss about it? Why go to the police and calling it "inciting violence"? Why would anybody get riled up enough to fight about something they don't care about?

I call BS, Cardiff fans trying to make claims because they find it embarrassing. Now it's getting major attention again...because your lot moaned about it.

I repeat Benny, we don't think it was a big victory we think it was hysterical and we are ;aughing at you.
I laugh at you for it and I was never a hooligan as any of the boys from that time would tell you, I know quite a few of them but I never ran with them, so to speak.


Exactly, hysterical it was, like I said. Even the PT guys involved were all laughing about it afterwards. Complaining is nothing to do with the fans whatsoever, it’s the club, the directors, the ones who have almost no connection to its fan base at all. You keep on singing it forever
-1
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:14 - Oct 24 with 878 views73__73

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:11 - Oct 24 by bennytheblue

Exactly, hysterical it was, like I said. Even the PT guys involved were all laughing about it afterwards. Complaining is nothing to do with the fans whatsoever, it’s the club, the directors, the ones who have almost no connection to its fan base at all. You keep on singing it forever


Don’t tell me, you actually see Bristol city as your main rivals too

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

0
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 13:05 - Oct 24 with 824 viewsCatullus

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:11 - Oct 24 by bennytheblue

Exactly, hysterical it was, like I said. Even the PT guys involved were all laughing about it afterwards. Complaining is nothing to do with the fans whatsoever, it’s the club, the directors, the ones who have almost no connection to its fan base at all. You keep on singing it forever


We will keep on singing it, because we know it winds you all up. If it didn't wind you up there'd be no fuss made and we wouldn't have Annis and his cronies trying to change the story on his website.

Truth be told, there's a lot more to laugh at right now than a group of wet Cardiff fans. Your current situation must be a cause of concern for any true Cardiff fan. I had a look at Annis's site yesterday and the pronouncements coming from the club about money, debt, court cases, that has to be more worrying than anything we'd say?
The Club complaining about "swim away" is nothing more than an attempt to try and deflect attention from your very evident financial problems. Court cases that could cost you 40 million, running at a loss of anywhere between 2-3 million per month and Tan determined to cut costs as his business empire struggles during the pandemic.

It must be a comcern for you? What if Tan cuts his losses and declares you insolvent? It's not like anyone is going to throw big money in for any of your players in January. Even saying that, Tan may decide to sell who he can and rely on the U23's. Can you afford a relegation? Your crowds have been struggling recently as it is, a relegation could be disastrous.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

0
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 14:49 - Oct 24 with 787 viewsbennytheblue

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 11:14 - Oct 24 by 73__73

Don’t tell me, you actually see Bristol city as your main rivals too


Definitely used to be….
0
Login to get fewer ads

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 14:54 - Oct 24 with 781 viewsbennytheblue

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 13:05 - Oct 24 by Catullus

We will keep on singing it, because we know it winds you all up. If it didn't wind you up there'd be no fuss made and we wouldn't have Annis and his cronies trying to change the story on his website.

Truth be told, there's a lot more to laugh at right now than a group of wet Cardiff fans. Your current situation must be a cause of concern for any true Cardiff fan. I had a look at Annis's site yesterday and the pronouncements coming from the club about money, debt, court cases, that has to be more worrying than anything we'd say?
The Club complaining about "swim away" is nothing more than an attempt to try and deflect attention from your very evident financial problems. Court cases that could cost you 40 million, running at a loss of anywhere between 2-3 million per month and Tan determined to cut costs as his business empire struggles during the pandemic.

It must be a comcern for you? What if Tan cuts his losses and declares you insolvent? It's not like anyone is going to throw big money in for any of your players in January. Even saying that, Tan may decide to sell who he can and rely on the U23's. Can you afford a relegation? Your crowds have been struggling recently as it is, a relegation could be disastrous.


There is no fuss, Annis is just pointing out what actually happened that night. I was there too. Great night it was, lovely walk back to the train after for about 500 of us. No bother just plenty of jokes with the Jack police as we all laughed at about 100 of you pretending you wanted to get to us.
Funny days
0
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 14:59 - Oct 24 with 774 viewsonehunglow

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 14:54 - Oct 24 by bennytheblue

There is no fuss, Annis is just pointing out what actually happened that night. I was there too. Great night it was, lovely walk back to the train after for about 500 of us. No bother just plenty of jokes with the Jack police as we all laughed at about 100 of you pretending you wanted to get to us.
Funny days


Frankly,you will find more bad blood between us Jacks than with Cardiff fans .
We have fans who see leaving Swansea as reason alone to vent spleen .

I detest Cardiff city but I doubt you have the internecine strife we suffer with.


Let me make it clear,when you were truly in deep doodoo ,I wanted your club to fold whereas many of us wanted you around simply as something to hate .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

-1
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 15:12 - Oct 24 with 764 viewsbennytheblue

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 13:05 - Oct 24 by Catullus

We will keep on singing it, because we know it winds you all up. If it didn't wind you up there'd be no fuss made and we wouldn't have Annis and his cronies trying to change the story on his website.

Truth be told, there's a lot more to laugh at right now than a group of wet Cardiff fans. Your current situation must be a cause of concern for any true Cardiff fan. I had a look at Annis's site yesterday and the pronouncements coming from the club about money, debt, court cases, that has to be more worrying than anything we'd say?
The Club complaining about "swim away" is nothing more than an attempt to try and deflect attention from your very evident financial problems. Court cases that could cost you 40 million, running at a loss of anywhere between 2-3 million per month and Tan determined to cut costs as his business empire struggles during the pandemic.

It must be a comcern for you? What if Tan cuts his losses and declares you insolvent? It's not like anyone is going to throw big money in for any of your players in January. Even saying that, Tan may decide to sell who he can and rely on the U23's. Can you afford a relegation? Your crowds have been struggling recently as it is, a relegation could be disastrous.


Shit or bust again. Like hammam all over again. Barely anyone I know cares or goes to football even.
0
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 16:35 - Oct 24 with 719 viewsKeithHaynes

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 14:59 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

Frankly,you will find more bad blood between us Jacks than with Cardiff fans .
We have fans who see leaving Swansea as reason alone to vent spleen .

I detest Cardiff city but I doubt you have the internecine strife we suffer with.


Let me make it clear,when you were truly in deep doodoo ,I wanted your club to fold whereas many of us wanted you around simply as something to hate .


I have numerous close mates, two are Cardiff fans who I trust implicitly, it’s not about that.
I hope 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 16:47 - Oct 24 with 694 viewsYrAlarch

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 14:59 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

Frankly,you will find more bad blood between us Jacks than with Cardiff fans .
We have fans who see leaving Swansea as reason alone to vent spleen .

I detest Cardiff city but I doubt you have the internecine strife we suffer with.


Let me make it clear,when you were truly in deep doodoo ,I wanted your club to fold whereas many of us wanted you around simply as something to hate .


Why on earth would anyone want Cardiff City to fold.
How would we be able to experience all those memorable derbies?
Besides which, is it not good for Welsh football in general to have strong, successful Welsh Clubs, the likes of Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham, Merthyr.
Perhaps I might sound naive but I try to see the wider picture.
1
The TRUTH behind the swim away on 17:24 - Oct 24 with 654 viewsonehunglow

The TRUTH behind the swim away on 16:47 - Oct 24 by YrAlarch

Why on earth would anyone want Cardiff City to fold.
How would we be able to experience all those memorable derbies?
Besides which, is it not good for Welsh football in general to have strong, successful Welsh Clubs, the likes of Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham, Merthyr.
Perhaps I might sound naive but I try to see the wider picture.


Why?
Because I detest them
The club ,fans ,the media circus that follow them,the way this insults the city of Swansea.
The utter disrespect shown to our club to the extent that our games are not even mentioned in passing.

That's a few reasons

I won't mention the Sala episode as the court case is on going.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026