Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morfa parking 17:37 - Jan 4 with 6534 viewsjack_lord

I know this may have been done to death but my wife has just got stung with a parking charge.
She was innocently going about her Saturday business and left Morfa at 3:55 PM.
Fast forward 9 weeks and she has had a parking charge. She is dismayed.
Of course the Swans were playing but she didn't know about aby parking restrictions on a bloody Saturday. Why would she?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Morfa parking on 17:55 - Jan 4 with 5429 views73__73

They are not enforceable, but if you don’t pay, it can effect your credit rating.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Morfa parking on 18:02 - Jan 4 with 5408 viewscontroversial_jack

Don't go to these places that charge
Morfa parking on 18:07 - Jan 4 with 5399 viewsmajorraglan

Some people say to ignore the notices, but I’d be inclined to appeal it in the first instance. Tell them she’s done loads of shopping in multiple stores and if you’ve got receipts/proof offer that up. If they can see she’s a genuine shopper, they probably cancel it. If they think she’s gone the game, they’ll let it run.

Wifey had something similar happen to her (not Morfa) and she appealed and they cancelled the ticket.
Morfa parking on 18:09 - Jan 4 with 5395 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 18:02 - Jan 4 by controversial_jack

Don't go to these places that charge

They don't charge for parking but restrictions apply on match days. Ninety minutes. She was blissfully unaware. I would have probably said about the restriction but I was working. She left the park without knowing that a game was going on across the river at 3:55 pm

Morfa parking on 18:09 - Jan 4 with 5394 viewsbuilthjack

Morfa parking on 17:55 - Jan 4 by 73__73

They are not enforceable, but if you don’t pay, it can effect your credit rating.

It's "Affect" not Effect.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Morfa parking on 18:13 - Jan 4 with 5385 viewsbritferry

Have you got proof that she was there shopping? like receipts or bank statements... then go to them with the proof

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Morfa parking on 18:15 - Jan 4 with 5384 viewsGoldenBear

I believe that on match/event days the max stay is 1.5 hours no return, 1 hour.
Your best bet as already stated is to appeal to their better nature, provide receipts etc.
There are lots of signs about, which will cover themselves. Go for the afore mentioned.
Theres loads on YouTube to help you.
Some companies are ok to deal with others are gits, best of luck.
Morfa parking on 18:19 - Jan 4 with 5375 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 18:15 - Jan 4 by GoldenBear

Your best bet as already stated is to appeal to their better nature, provide receipts etc.
There are lots of signs about, which will cover themselves. Go for the afore mentioned.

She has got an entry on her bank statement for Morrisons cafe but I'm not sure how that will sit with morfa retail park.

Login to get fewer ads

Morfa parking on 18:29 - Jan 4 with 5352 viewscontroversial_jack

Morfa parking on 18:09 - Jan 4 by jack_lord

They don't charge for parking but restrictions apply on match days. Ninety minutes. She was blissfully unaware. I would have probably said about the restriction but I was working. She left the park without knowing that a game was going on across the river at 3:55 pm

Do they have a sign to say that restrictions apply on match day and are different from any other day?
Morfa parking on 18:33 - Jan 4 with 5344 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 18:29 - Jan 4 by controversial_jack

Do they have a sign to say that restrictions apply on match day and are different from any other day?

They do say restrictions apply on match days.

She has no idea when a match day is. Incredible that, as frontline NHS and mother, he shopping times are restricted.

Morfa parking on 18:38 - Jan 4 with 5335 viewsbritferry

Morfa parking on 18:33 - Jan 4 by jack_lord

They do say restrictions apply on match days.

She has no idea when a match day is. Incredible that, as frontline NHS and mother, he shopping times are restricted.

if they have proof she left at the time you said, then she clearly wasn't at the football

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Morfa parking on 18:51 - Jan 4 with 5316 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 18:38 - Jan 4 by britferry

if they have proof she left at the time you said, then she clearly wasn't at the football

Yep, they have entry and exit times recorded, photos of the car. She was in Morfa, and had a snack in Morrisons cafe.

Morfa parking on 18:52 - Jan 4 with 5314 viewscontroversial_jack

Challenge it, that she's not a sports fan and doesn't know when matches are on or off. The parking company would have to have a sign saying there were restrictions at that time because of the match. Shouldn't be difficult to defeat this
Morfa parking on 18:56 - Jan 4 with 5310 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Morfa parking on 18:15 - Jan 4 by GoldenBear

Better nature? That’s a laugh. These sort of companies are absolute parasites. If there was an independent body who you could send your appeal to you might have a chance but these guys just think of their easy profit for doing nothing and their bottom line.
Morfa parking on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 5294 viewstheloneranger

"Fight Unfair Private Parking Tickets"

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets/
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 19:13]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Morfa parking on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 5293 viewsbuilthjack

She could have been in Next for 2 hours. Women do. Then there iare all the other shops. She could have spent a day there. Fight it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Morfa parking on 19:09 - Jan 4 with 5292 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 18:56 - Jan 4 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Better nature? That’s a laugh. These sort of companies are absolute parasites. If there was an independent body who you could send your appeal to you might have a chance but these guys just think of their easy profit for doing nothing and their bottom line.

Perhaps a letter to each of the businesses set up in Morfa (and my wife will shop in most of them, including the massive amount we about to spend in B&Q) to ask what they feel about it.

Morfa parking on 19:10 - Jan 4 with 5290 viewsBoundy

Morfa parking on 18:56 - Jan 4 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

There is an appeals body , one I used successfully when the operator tried it on .Not in the Morfa but the information below is still valid
"Private parking operators must be registered with an Accredited Trade Association (ATA) to offer an independent appeals service. Each ATA provides its own Independent Appeals Service. Only private parking operators in the British Parking Association’s Approved Operator Scheme can offer POPLA. POPLA appeals are free to motorists and funded by BPA Approved Operators.

Most drivers issued with a parking ticket have the right to contest it, but the process varies depending on where and when it was issued and by whom.

You MUST follow the process as outlined in the ticket received and decide whether to accept the charge or appeal. If you decide to appeal, contact the local authority or organisation who issued the Penalty Charge or Parking Charge telling them why you think the charge should be cancelled. If they agree, that is the end of the matter. If they reject your representations or appeal, they will tell you what you can do next. You will normally be given information about an independent appeals service.

To help with your decision on whether to appeal your ticket, all the information you need is printed on the ticket; name and address of the issuer, the charge amount(s) and the time limit in which to appeal. "

http://www.knowyourparkingrights.org/News/how-to-appeal-a-parking-ticket

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Morfa parking on 19:56 - Jan 4 with 5228 viewsGoldenBear

Morfa parking on 18:19 - Jan 4 by jack_lord

She has got an entry on her bank statement for Morrisons cafe but I'm not sure how that will sit with morfa retail park.

Who runs the morfa park, there must be a manager for the site, they would have the power to recind any fine. That's your first port of call.
Morfa parking on 20:00 - Jan 4 with 5222 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 19:56 - Jan 4 by GoldenBear

Who runs the morfa park, there must be a manager for the site, they would have the power to recind any fine. That's your first port of call.

Cheers mate. That was the first person I called but had to leave an answer message.

Morfa parking on 20:02 - Jan 4 with 5219 viewsGoldenBear

Morfa parking on 20:00 - Jan 4 by jack_lord

Cheers mate. That was the first person I called but had to leave an answer message.

https://morfashoppingpark.com/
Scroll to the bottom,bloke called Darren Ball, start there I would.Good luck.
Sorry just read your post properly.keep trying,is he based on site I wonder, one of the shop managers will have a hotline to him I reckon. Next, Boots etc.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 20:05]
Morfa parking on 20:05 - Jan 4 with 5212 viewsbuilthjack

There is an office there. Upstairs just to the left of BT/EE. By KFC.
Pay a visit if you have time.

Morfa parking on 20:13 - Jan 4 with 5198 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 20:05 - Jan 4 by builthjack

There is an office there. Upstairs just to the left of BT/EE. By KFC.
Pay a visit if you have time.

Cheers Builthy (now where's my pasty?)

Morfa parking on 20:20 - Jan 4 with 5186 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

He wouldn’t have any power. I imagine he gets a hundred letters a week off people who have been caught for parking on a Saturday. Legitimate or otherwise.
Morfa parking on 20:24 - Jan 4 with 5179 viewsjack_lord

Morfa parking on 20:20 - Jan 4 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

He wouldn’t have any power. I imagine he gets a hundred letters a week off people who have been caught for parking on a Saturday. Legitimate or otherwise.

What is ridiculous is that she was caught for doing exactly that - parking!

I imagine that as the manager of the site he would be able to help rescind legitimate examples. After all, they are managing his carpark.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024