Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transferwindow done: A positive look to the future 07:57 - Feb 1 with 815 viewsJonathandeGuzman

Well, that was an underwhelming end to our transfer deadline day.
It once more became clear that our finances are tight and players need to be sold before we can make any investment. The signing of Ogbeta does offer a glimpse of hope for the future. Just like other clubs did successfully in the past, the scouting department should look at the lower leagues for cut-price targets and hidden gems. Of course this does not guarantee a play-off place every season, and i'm afraid will have to wait a very long time before we become competitive once again, it does represent a stable business model.

Regarding our current ingoing/outgoing ratio: it seems like we are now having a very thin squad, making it likely that any injury in our first 11 will cause a sharp decline in quality.
The singing of Fisher seems a little bit unnecessary, seeing how tight for cash we actually are. As for the rest of our transfer dealings, they seem quite sensible. Some people forget that although our current squad is lacking depth. We do have a lot of players out on loan, and more importantly, they are impressing out on loan. Well Garrick and Ollie certainly have impressed and Cullen and Whittaker have shown glimps already. We lack some attacking depth, but seeing these four return next season could give us some extra options up front. Or they could be moved on a permanent basis to free up some funds to invest.

I hope we can finish this season on a relative high and lay the foundation for next season.
Still I fear the summer transfer window. I'm afraid one or two high profile players (you know who I am talking about, downes grimes piroe, and maybe Pato/Ntcham) need to be moved on in order to finance newer deals. Still I would much rather hang on to those 4 (or 3 if Pato decides to play hardball) and do with minimal investments coming summer window. Get our loanees back and some cut price additions, and we should be able to compete:)

[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 7:58]
Transferwindow done: A positive look to the future on 09:42 - Feb 1 with 713 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Do you really think those 4 will want to hang around a club that cannot invest in it's own future.
A club that keeps losing games does not "showcase" their quality, it just drags them down to the new level.

But you are right about it being a very thin squad.
Transferwindow done: A positive look to the future on 10:58 - Feb 1 with 657 viewsonehunglow

Transferwindow done: A positive look to the future on 09:42 - Feb 1 by A_Fans_Dad

Do you really think those 4 will want to hang around a club that cannot invest in it's own future.
A club that keeps losing games does not "showcase" their quality, it just drags them down to the new level.

But you are right about it being a very thin squad.

Martin is promising an exciting future but he cant if funds are not available to do this.

He either makes do and coaches players to a higher level or walks. If he did that, he would have the respect of all a he would have been sh't on.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024