Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh tourism tax 11:41 - Apr 13 with 17959 viewsbritferry

What you think?

I think it will be a terrible idea, it will put people off coming here.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/tourism-boss-says-anti-english-236

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Welsh tourism tax on 13:06 - Jun 17 with 965 viewsLorax

Welsh tourism tax on 12:47 - Jun 17 by felixstowe_jack

I think you will find the owners are already taxed at 20% on the profits they make if they are basic taxpayers and upto 45% if they are higher rate taxpayers.

Larger companies will pay corporation tax on their profits.

Taxed on their profits yes but that's income and we all pay that. I'm talking about students not paying council tax and they often create a lot of extra work for the councils. There should be a charge to reflect that. Why should other council tax payers subsidise the profits of a millionaire?

Larger companies, corporation tax, yes well we all have seen the avoidance going on there. There have been corporations who paid less tax than I do!
Welsh tourism tax on 16:33 - Jun 17 with 923 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 13:06 - Jun 17 by Lorax

Taxed on their profits yes but that's income and we all pay that. I'm talking about students not paying council tax and they often create a lot of extra work for the councils. There should be a charge to reflect that. Why should other council tax payers subsidise the profits of a millionaire?

Larger companies, corporation tax, yes well we all have seen the avoidance going on there. There have been corporations who paid less tax than I do!

Quite agree students should pay council tax and student accommodation should be liable council tax . Perhaps the Senedd can sort that out.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Welsh tourism tax on 16:37 - Jun 17 with 921 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 16:33 - Jun 17 by felixstowe_jack

Quite agree students should pay council tax and student accommodation should be liable council tax . Perhaps the Senedd can sort that out.

You're obviously joking , having seen the league tables as to where all Welsh universities now stand ,our top tier of education is failing dismally

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Welsh tourism tax on 16:54 - Jun 17 with 903 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 16:37 - Jun 17 by Boundy

You're obviously joking , having seen the league tables as to where all Welsh universities now stand ,our top tier of education is failing dismally

Some people don't get irony. The senedd never does anything well.

Welsh tourism tax on 17:39 - Jun 17 with 880 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 16:54 - Jun 17 by felixstowe_jack

Some people don't get irony. The senedd never does anything well.

When ever I see the word Senedd I tend to be a cynical bathplug

Welsh tourism tax on 16:41 - Aug 22 with 728 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh tourism tax on 17:12 - Aug 22 with 701 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 16:41 - Aug 22 by Kilkennyjack

Not all did but enough to set back water quality in the country's coastal areas for years

Welsh tourism tax on 17:37 - Aug 22 with 689 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 17:12 - Aug 22 by Boundy

Not all did but enough to set back water quality in the country's coastal areas for years

Raw sewage was poured into the sea under labour as well whenever it rained.

Makes you wonder why the SENEDD still allows Welsh water to pour raw sewage into Welsh rivers and the sea.

Prior to privatisation all Sewage was poured straight into the sea it was part of the conditions of privatisation that all Sewage had to be sent to treatment works first which has been very successful in cleaning up our rivers and beaches as well all vastly improving water quality.
Where Wales the UK and the of the Water industries have failed is to seperate storm drains and Sewage treatment. This means whenever heavy rains happen the current Sewage works don't work. I am sure everyone will be happy to pay extra for Sewage treatment works to be upgraded and have extra capacity.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh tourism tax on 19:11 - Aug 22 with 653 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 17:37 - Aug 22 by felixstowe_jack

Makes you wonder why the SENEDD still allows Welsh water to pour raw sewage into Welsh rivers and the sea.

Prior to privatisation all Sewage was poured straight into the sea it was part of the conditions of privatisation that all Sewage had to be sent to treatment works first which has been very successful in cleaning up our rivers and beaches as well all vastly improving water quality.
Where Wales the UK and the of the Water industries have failed is to seperate storm drains and Sewage treatment. This means whenever heavy rains happen the current Sewage works don't work. I am sure everyone will be happy to pay extra for Sewage treatment works to be upgraded and have extra capacity.

Water companies should be investing in clean drinking water and looking after the environment.

The Tory government changed the laws post Brexit to allow raw shite to be dumped into our rivers and coast. Unforgivable.

Welsh tourism tax on 20:56 - Aug 22 with 627 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 19:11 - Aug 22 by Kilkennyjack

Water companies should be investing in clean drinking water and looking after the environment.

The Tory government changed the laws post Brexit to allow raw shite to be dumped into our rivers and coast. Unforgivable.

With the support of Labour and lib Dems of course

Welsh tourism tax on 21:24 - Aug 22 with 606 viewsBryanSwan

Welsh tourism tax on 17:37 - Aug 22 by felixstowe_jack

If when the government spent money it actually went on bettering the lives of people living there im sure there wouldn't be an issue. (I would happily pay a bit more not to have sh*t floating around our beaches).
Many countries have much higher taxation than ourselves, but have fantastic public services and a much happier population.

Anyone, whether that be Labour, Tory or anything else is a disgrace if they actively let this happen.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Welsh tourism tax on 07:21 - Aug 23 with 558 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 07:26 - Aug 23 with 556 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 20:56 - Aug 22 by Boundy

Of course not, not a single other party MP supported this.

Just the Tories.

Vote Tory, get shite on our beaches.

Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Welsh tourism tax on 08:26 - Aug 23 with 539 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 07:26 - Aug 23 by Kilkennyjack

Of course not, not a single other party MP supported this.

Just the Tories.

Vote Tory, get shite on our beaches.

Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

You still have not answered why the EU is pumping so much sewage into their rivers including 35 towns in Ireland that do it.

Welsh tourism tax on 10:24 - Aug 23 with 501 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 20:56 - Aug 22 by Boundy

Down arrow me all you like but In Wales powers over water quality actually fall under the Labour run Welsh Government

Welsh tourism tax on 20:42 - Aug 23 with 444 viewshowenjack

I think the Welsh tourism tax is working already - Drakeford's been banned from Dan YR Ogof lol
Welsh tourism tax on 21:48 - Aug 23 with 432 viewsKilkennyjack

Welsh tourism tax on 16:37 - Jun 17 by Boundy

Cardiff and Swansea are doing pretty well in league tables.
Both vital to the economy of south Wales.

Have you got the table the right way up ? 🤷‍♂️

Welsh tourism tax on 11:16 - Aug 25 with 372 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Welsh tourism tax on 21:48 - Aug 23 by Kilkennyjack

Cardiff and Swansea are doing pretty well in league tables.
Both vital to the economy of south Wales.

Have you got the table the right way up ? 🤷‍♂️

Depends which table you read.

In one Swansea is 24th and Cardiff 38th
In another Swansea is 42nd and Cardiff is 26th.

Mind you only other Welsh university is in top 60 and they were 53rd

Welsh tourism tax on 12:07 - Aug 25 with 359 viewsBoundy

Welsh tourism tax on 11:16 - Aug 25 by felixstowe_jack

Depends which table you read.

In one Swansea is 24th and Cardiff 38th
In another Swansea is 42nd and Cardiff is 26th.

Mind you only other Welsh university is in top 60 and they were 53rd

There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024