Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you do .? 15:27 - Apr 29 with 2149 viewsKeithHaynes


A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
What would you do .? on 00:25 - May 1 with 579 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do .? on 13:23 - Apr 30 by Sirjohnalot

That’s the crux of theft by finding. In the case mentioned, they did know where it came from. Question is did you do what’s reasonable ?

Drug deal eg, dealers aren’t t going up let that amount of money lie, they don’t let a £30 debt go, so that much ? They’d find you.

Does it matter if the owner can afford it ? Of course problem is, how do you know who the owner is ? How much ok to keep ?
It’s either right or wrong.

Fair point re law makers but we need to be better else how can we criticise them ? Society would break down .

I know the stuff I’ve got I’ve paid for and earnt


If it was handed into the police, would the dealers believe you had done so? It would put a person in a difficult situation, as they may insist on the money back which you don't have.If the police have it then they won't be able to and would probably seek retribution against the finder.Best action would be to hang onto it for a while and not spend it until the dust settles, and then either declare it or keep it.
0
What would you do .? on 08:51 - May 1 with 567 viewsSirjohnalot

What would you do .? on 00:25 - May 1 by controversial_jack

If it was handed into the police, would the dealers believe you had done so? It would put a person in a difficult situation, as they may insist on the money back which you don't have.If the police have it then they won't be able to and would probably seek retribution against the finder.Best action would be to hang onto it for a while and not spend it until the dust settles, and then either declare it or keep it.


Maybe, first thing I’d do is contract the person you bought the table from.

I’ve seen how gangs operate. They don’t mess about
0
What would you do .? on 09:34 - May 1 with 560 viewsWhiterockin

What would you do .? on 11:10 - Apr 30 by Sirjohnalot

Yes. It’s theft by finding. He bought the cabinet, the money wasn’t included. What would happen eg if someone’s bank card and a note of the PIN number was inside ? Or a wallet suffer with cash or a passport ? Would you keep the wallet ? Spend all the money and not let them know ?
Would you use the debit card saying ‘it’s mine now ?’

It’s no different. It’s not your money, clearly a mistake. No difference to seeing someone drop a wallet in front of you, picking it up and keeping it.
100% illegal.


Would it be different if you bought a house and while renovating it 5 years later found something of value under the floorboards?
0
What would you do .? on 09:37 - May 1 with 545 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do .? on 08:51 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

Maybe, first thing I’d do is contract the person you bought the table from.

I’ve seen how gangs operate. They don’t mess about


These gangs don't care about anything except their business. Families, children can become targets, they have no scruples.
0
What would you do .? on 11:51 - May 1 with 515 viewsSirjohnalot

What would you do .? on 09:37 - May 1 by controversial_jack

These gangs don't care about anything except their business. Families, children can become targets, they have no scruples.


Exactly. Forget the moral aspect, that’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t t keep it
0
What would you do .? on 12:20 - May 1 with 506 viewsLorax

What would you do .? on 13:23 - Apr 30 by Sirjohnalot

That’s the crux of theft by finding. In the case mentioned, they did know where it came from. Question is did you do what’s reasonable ?

Drug deal eg, dealers aren’t t going up let that amount of money lie, they don’t let a £30 debt go, so that much ? They’d find you.

Does it matter if the owner can afford it ? Of course problem is, how do you know who the owner is ? How much ok to keep ?
It’s either right or wrong.

Fair point re law makers but we need to be better else how can we criticise them ? Society would break down .

I know the stuff I’ve got I’ve paid for and earnt


The drug dealers etc, if I bought it at a liquidation sale and hid it for 6 months, not sure how they'd trace me. Id show them the cabinets and say that's all I got. I'd say the people who sold it must have the money. I certainly wouldn't be bragging about finding a large sum, to anyone.

If I couldn't find out where it came then I'd say c'est la vie. Morally wrong yes but I wouldn't piss it up against a wall or buy drugs with it and besides, being the cynical type, if I handed it in to police, who knows what happens to it then?

I see the law makers point the other way around, the people in charge lead by example, if they set a bad example they cannot expect us to be saints and angels.

I wouldn't deliberately cheat or steal from someone, I help people where I can but I do believe in Karma and I would take this find as payback for trying to be good. If it's wrong then karma will bite me later on.

Sorry John but that's the reality for most of us, I reckon. Whatever we say on here, if any of us found such a large amount, it'd be hard to stay inside what's legally or morally right.
0
What would you do .? on 12:38 - May 1 with 492 viewsSirjohnalot

What would you do .? on 12:20 - May 1 by Lorax

The drug dealers etc, if I bought it at a liquidation sale and hid it for 6 months, not sure how they'd trace me. Id show them the cabinets and say that's all I got. I'd say the people who sold it must have the money. I certainly wouldn't be bragging about finding a large sum, to anyone.

If I couldn't find out where it came then I'd say c'est la vie. Morally wrong yes but I wouldn't piss it up against a wall or buy drugs with it and besides, being the cynical type, if I handed it in to police, who knows what happens to it then?

I see the law makers point the other way around, the people in charge lead by example, if they set a bad example they cannot expect us to be saints and angels.

I wouldn't deliberately cheat or steal from someone, I help people where I can but I do believe in Karma and I would take this find as payback for trying to be good. If it's wrong then karma will bite me later on.

Sorry John but that's the reality for most of us, I reckon. Whatever we say on here, if any of us found such a large amount, it'd be hard to stay inside what's legally or morally right.


If it was bought online, there’d be an obvious audit trail. The guy who sold it would know who it went to.

Not sure they’d take your word for it, they’d tell you it’s your debt, and as far they were concerned. That’d be it.

Our current law makers, Johnson et al are without morals, we should be and are better than them.

With regards the point about what would happen in reality….completely get that. All the stuff I’m saying here, if it came to it. I’d hope I’d do the right thing, but who knows what would happen ? It’s a big amount, but is it worth all the risks ? Plus I’d definitely get caught.
0
What would you do .? on 12:43 - May 1 with 488 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do .? on 12:38 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

If it was bought online, there’d be an obvious audit trail. The guy who sold it would know who it went to.

Not sure they’d take your word for it, they’d tell you it’s your debt, and as far they were concerned. That’d be it.

Our current law makers, Johnson et al are without morals, we should be and are better than them.

With regards the point about what would happen in reality….completely get that. All the stuff I’m saying here, if it came to it. I’d hope I’d do the right thing, but who knows what would happen ? It’s a big amount, but is it worth all the risks ? Plus I’d definitely get caught.


You are correct about it being thought of as your debt, so if you hand it into the Police, you will still have that debt and no means of paying it off. You won't get protection from the police either. Best to hang onto it for a while
0
Login to get fewer ads

What would you do .? on 12:48 - May 1 with 480 viewsSirjohnalot

What would you do .? on 12:43 - May 1 by controversial_jack

You are correct about it being thought of as your debt, so if you hand it into the Police, you will still have that debt and no means of paying it off. You won't get protection from the police either. Best to hang onto it for a while


Ha. Good point.

Just ring Mr Baddy back and tell him you’ve got his cash and whether he’s interested in buying Swansea from the Americans.
0
What would you do .? on 16:40 - May 1 with 457 viewscontroversial_jack

What would you do .? on 12:48 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

Ha. Good point.

Just ring Mr Baddy back and tell him you’ve got his cash and whether he’s interested in buying Swansea from the Americans.


Would have to be an improvement on the Yanks
0
What would you do .? on 11:30 - May 2 with 418 viewsLorax

What would you do .? on 12:38 - May 1 by Sirjohnalot

If it was bought online, there’d be an obvious audit trail. The guy who sold it would know who it went to.

Not sure they’d take your word for it, they’d tell you it’s your debt, and as far they were concerned. That’d be it.

Our current law makers, Johnson et al are without morals, we should be and are better than them.

With regards the point about what would happen in reality….completely get that. All the stuff I’m saying here, if it came to it. I’d hope I’d do the right thing, but who knows what would happen ? It’s a big amount, but is it worth all the risks ? Plus I’d definitely get caught.


Yes there would be an audit trail but why should a drug dealer think that I, the last person i the trail, have his money?

The fact there is, even when bought online, the audit trail isn't public. To get that information the drug dealer would already have had to make threats which also leave a trail.

The debt would be with the seller, whoever removed the items from the house, whoever handled the good all through the trail, being the last person on that trail makes me the least likely to have the money.
To be honest, how this money went undiscovered from removal through sales and on to delivery puzzles me. people weren't paying attention, the seller certainly couldn't have examined the good to make sure they were fit to sell.

The fact still is though, my identity as an online purchaser should be anonymous to all but the selling agent. If anybody came after me I'd know where they go my info from.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026