| Leandro Rodrigues 09:26 - May 21 with 2827 views | KeithHaynes | We haven’t made any comment on this as we are working on a news report on this guy and his past. It’s easy to jump the gun and speculate but to be honest other matters are more important to this website. Once we have the information we require and are in a position to put together something we will. There are certain things we need to know such as is it an investment, is he covering excess money owed, is he buying in to a percentage of the club or as reported in some places the whole club, which is surely highly unlikely. As ever we will ensure you get the full context and not just opinion asap. |  |
| |  |
| Leandro Rodrigues on 09:06 - May 22 with 427 views | STID2017 |
| Leandro Rodrigues on 02:43 - May 22 by Dr_Parnassus | I’d prefer to organically compete with them, but not to just buy our way there with someone else’s money. I think I would hate it, would probably stop me supporting the club and would just have a passing interest. Still the best times I have had supporting the Swans was in the lower divisions. First two seasons of the Premier League were excellent then it got a bit monotonous. I could have anyone’s framed jersey on my wall from the heady days of the Premier League, but instead I have Steve Torpey’s - actually it’s still not framed but the space is there for when I get round to it. Reminds me of the good old days. The journey there was certainly far more exciting than the prize for me. Having the prize handed to us and have no feeling of earning our place wouldn’t give me any satisfaction whatsoever. |
So when we signed Tosh and subsequently used his links ( particularly in the Third Division), together with using Struel's money to gain promotion was that "organic" or would many of the clubs without access to such advantages have seen us as buying our way out of the lower tiers ? If so, then being able to enjoy watching the class of 81/82 beating the likes of Man Utd, Spurs, Southampton, Liverpool, Arsenal and Ipswich would be deemed "buying success" at least in the earlier days by you and therefore written off as you have at least 5 years in the EPL. Is that correct, If you say the journey to the EPL was more enjoyable than being there, then I can assume the same applies to the rise under Tosh ? As for Torpey ( who I liked as a player for us ), I would think there are many more valued and memorable players in both the Griffiths / Tosh years and the road to the EPL than dear Steve. Surely with your contacts you have a greater momento that that jersey? |  |
|  |
| Leandro Rodrigues on 10:17 - May 22 with 346 views | KeithHaynes | Leandro Rodrigues and Swansea City - The truth starts here 22nd May 2022 08:00When Luke Phelps at the 72.co.uk revealed Swiss based Leandro Rodrigues, the CEO of VL Gold Dubai was interested in Swansea City it did come as a shock. We like many were surprised at this bolt out of the blue. Usually a website with so much Swansea City content as we have every day will get some indication of a story such as this. So, when it happens in this way we really do have a duty to have a dig around. 0 |  |
|  |
| |