Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Li’pool 15:58 - May 28 with 14882 viewssoops

Hated them since 1976, all through the 80’s and beyond. Never celebrated a non QPR goal as much as Michael Thomas’s at Anfield in 89.
As for their self-entitled fans.....
However, got a grudging respect for Klopp and quite like Jordan Henderson. Am I mellowing with old age or are they a bit more likeable these days? I think I want them to win tonight and it’s a weird feeling!
Anyone else’s views?
Li’pool on 23:18 - May 28 with 3597 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Li’pool on 22:59 - May 28 by NorthantsHoop

Well done Madrid, game management at its best. Liverpool 3 finals this season, didn't score a goal in any of them.

Great post NorthantsHoop. I just texted a very upset Liverpool fan and told him they were lucky to have any trophies this season.
Even the most bitter Chelsea hater on here would admit (if they watched ) they should have won the League Cup and probably the FA cup before penalties .
The real Madrid keeper saved them today ,but they beat PSG, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool to lift the cup fair play where its due
Li’pool on 23:40 - May 28 with 3519 viewscaliforniahoop

Spurs are the ones I still hold a serious grudge against
Li’pool on 23:43 - May 28 with 3511 viewsjoe90

After our disappointing end of season I thank the football gods for sparing us a Liverpool win. Honestly, it feels good.
Li’pool on 08:43 - May 29 with 3092 viewsdistortR

Li’pool on 22:23 - May 28 by bosh67

25 chances for Liverpool to 3 for Real. Courtoui has been unbelievable for Real.

Madrid had plenty more chances then that, but at times seemed strangely adverse to pulling the trigger, always wanting to go past one more man.
Anyway, a great result.
On an individual level, I like scousers, but as a mass, ugh. I don't think they should be allowed to congregate.
Li’pool on 09:05 - May 29 with 3022 viewsstevec

Li’pool on 08:43 - May 29 by distortR

Madrid had plenty more chances then that, but at times seemed strangely adverse to pulling the trigger, always wanting to go past one more man.
Anyway, a great result.
On an individual level, I like scousers, but as a mass, ugh. I don't think they should be allowed to congregate.

Doesn’t appear to have been the same bad policing and organisational chaos at the Forest end.

Sorry, Madrid end.
Li’pool on 09:48 - May 29 with 2874 viewsToast_R

Li’pool on 17:35 - May 28 by Rangersw12

😂😂😂

It's brutal but can't help but laugh. The real Richarlison has even got in on the trolling.

Whoever did it had better hope he stays anonymous. Richard Arlison indeed 😆
Li’pool on 09:53 - May 29 with 2859 viewsStanisgod

Li’pool on 23:09 - May 28 by Antti_Heinola

daydreaming a bit ott. but i actually think Trent could be a CM. Probaby better suited to England's 3-4-3 (in the 4) than Walker is.

What do you call it then, guy right behind him, didnt look round once!!
Basic full back job, but they're not full backs now are they.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Li’pool on 10:20 - May 29 with 2785 viewsdenhamhoop2

Li’pool on 09:53 - May 29 by Stanisgod

What do you call it then, guy right behind him, didnt look round once!!
Basic full back job, but they're not full backs now are they.

Basic defending 101 when ball on opposite wing defend the back post Wild Thing made a career taking advantage of day dreaming left backs.
Login to get fewer ads

Li’pool on 10:28 - May 29 with 2764 viewsessextaxiboy

Li’pool on 10:20 - May 29 by denhamhoop2

Basic defending 101 when ball on opposite wing defend the back post Wild Thing made a career taking advantage of day dreaming left backs.

His passing crosses and shooting was way off as well . He had a real stinker .
Li’pool on 10:53 - May 29 with 2714 viewslightwaterhoop

Cant help thinking that Liverpool were believing in their own myths such as the 'quad squad'They should have known better.Was Klopp also getting a bit beyond himself?
Li’pool on 11:06 - May 29 with 2674 viewsstowmarketrange

Li’pool on 21:39 - May 28 by LimehouseR

To be fair some people may be jumping to conclusions based on one or two video clips.
Their are verified accounts of fans with tickets who had been queuing for 2-3 hours before kick off to get in. If they can't get in after waiting that long then that's a complete shambles in this modern day. The stewards shut one of the main gates in to the stadium and have caused a complete cluster**k. Not saying all their fans are saints but the French police are a disgrace. There are videos of children suffering from being tear gassed, some of them obviously Madrid fans too. Some of them are being gassed through a fence posing no threat whatsoever. Justify that? People slate our police force but at least they don't indiscriminately gas everyone.
My mate has gone there to at least be part of the atmosphere. I'd do the same if we got to a major final in Europe.He's kept a fair distance from the actual ground because he's sensible and I'm glad he has...

I went to the 6 nations game between France and England just over 2 years ago and it took almost 1 1/2 hours to get into the ground with the queues outside.And there were loads of people still queueing behind us who would’ve missed a fair chunk of the game while waiting to get in.I don’t know why it took so long to get through the security,but it looked like there was only 1 way in to get to the various turnstiles.
Li’pool on 11:41 - May 29 with 2589 viewsLblock

Li’pool on 11:06 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

I went to the 6 nations game between France and England just over 2 years ago and it took almost 1 1/2 hours to get into the ground with the queues outside.And there were loads of people still queueing behind us who would’ve missed a fair chunk of the game while waiting to get in.I don’t know why it took so long to get through the security,but it looked like there was only 1 way in to get to the various turnstiles.

We are talking about a stadium that has been a VERY recent target for extreme terror. If the attack that night had been executed as they planned things would’ve been far, far worse. Therefore I understand the extreme paranoia and the want to search every single person who enters that stadium going forward.

It seems our press going into hyper drive to point out that Liverpool fans were in no way, shape or form to blame for the situation last night; in fact “ local youths” are being identified as the source of all the issues.
Shame that this level of in depth review wasn’t done post Wembley and the Euro final. Instead all of us were told we are to blame and that England football fans are shameful.
Interesting as what I saw on TV and social meejah last night/today is little different to what I witnessed at Wembley first hand that day.

Mass hordes without tickets mooching round looking to get into a ground is something else hats gone on for years. Many was there time England away fans would be stuck into an empty section as the local police would view it as locked in a part of a ground and controlled is better than roaming around outside. I’d have a guess some of this was at play last night but modern day all seater stadiums mean this is a thing of the past so that good old scally tactic of “jibbing in” is the only other resort.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Li’pool on 13:45 - May 29 with 2375 viewsRangersDave

Li’pool on 20:11 - May 28 by Sharpy36

And rushing the turnstiles.

and where have we seen that before with Liverpool fans?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Li’pool on 13:51 - May 29 with 2341 viewsClive_Anderson

Strange how there were all these problems in the Liverpool end, but it was fine for the Real end. What terrible luck they have in every European final they go to.
Li’pool on 13:52 - May 29 with 2324 viewsRangersDave

wont be anyones fault except everyone else's!

i saw a bloke interviewed yesterday outside the ground who had paid £7k for his ticket.....bless!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Li’pool on 15:06 - May 29 with 2136 viewsClive_Anderson

Just seen that they've got their FA and League cup winners parade today on the anniversary of the Heysel disaster.
Li’pool on 15:39 - May 29 with 2062 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Li’pool on 13:52 - May 29 by RangersDave

wont be anyones fault except everyone else's!

i saw a bloke interviewed yesterday outside the ground who had paid £7k for his ticket.....bless!

Did that 7K include travel ,accommodation etc or just for the seat he sat in or did he even get into the match .
Some fans with expensive tickets had to watch in pubs which is criminal to be fair.Hopefully they can get most of it back if they had insurance.
On US ESPN FC they showed groups of locals attacking police adding to the tension for trapped Liverpool fans.
Even the Sky reporter was surrounded or interfered with during his live broadcast .Young punks just looking to stir up the pot.
Li’pool on 16:08 - May 29 with 2001 viewsCamberleyR

Li’pool on 22:35 - May 28 by MrSheen

Klopp still level with Tony Barton and Roberto di Matteo.

And Joe Fagan with his two seasons in management.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Li’pool on 18:03 - May 29 with 1860 viewsslmrstid

Not to be a complete spoilsport, but the whole "Coach Innovations" and "Richard Arlison" thing is completely fake.

It seems there was some sort of mixup with Liverpool fans trying to book coaches through a company called Coach Innovations, but there is no person called Richard Arlison in charge of the company (the directors are instead Joanna and Christopher Flory, and its been trading since 2006 from Kidderminster - so quite obviously not some Everton fans on a trolling exercise).

So it seems some Liverpool fans having a coach booking mix up has taken on a life of its own on the internet, with people using fake Companies House screenshots to make it seem real (Companies House is available for anyone on the internet to actually check the true picture).
[Post edited 29 May 2022 18:03]
Li’pool on 18:05 - May 29 with 1848 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Li’pool on 21:39 - May 28 by LimehouseR

To be fair some people may be jumping to conclusions based on one or two video clips.
Their are verified accounts of fans with tickets who had been queuing for 2-3 hours before kick off to get in. If they can't get in after waiting that long then that's a complete shambles in this modern day. The stewards shut one of the main gates in to the stadium and have caused a complete cluster**k. Not saying all their fans are saints but the French police are a disgrace. There are videos of children suffering from being tear gassed, some of them obviously Madrid fans too. Some of them are being gassed through a fence posing no threat whatsoever. Justify that? People slate our police force but at least they don't indiscriminately gas everyone.
My mate has gone there to at least be part of the atmosphere. I'd do the same if we got to a major final in Europe.He's kept a fair distance from the actual ground because he's sensible and I'm glad he has...

Just read an account from a former colleague who was at the game with his son and nephews.

Solid guy, type of chap who devotedly follows his team and isn’t a dick because it’s a top Prem side.

His account is in accord with your post. It may well be the case that on this occasion, poor policing is the primary driver here. That being the case, one would hope the government would step in to ensure a full and fair investigation…we’ll that’s the scousers hopes screwed then!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Li’pool on 18:32 - May 29 with 1794 viewsJuzzie

Li’pool on 13:51 - May 29 by Clive_Anderson

Strange how there were all these problems in the Liverpool end, but it was fine for the Real end. What terrible luck they have in every European final they go to.

I wonder if part (or all) of the problem is we still carry the burden of the ‘English Disease’ from the 80’s so the authorities just go steaming in regardless.
Li’pool on 19:26 - May 29 with 1702 viewsdistortR

Li’pool on 18:03 - May 29 by slmrstid

Not to be a complete spoilsport, but the whole "Coach Innovations" and "Richard Arlison" thing is completely fake.

It seems there was some sort of mixup with Liverpool fans trying to book coaches through a company called Coach Innovations, but there is no person called Richard Arlison in charge of the company (the directors are instead Joanna and Christopher Flory, and its been trading since 2006 from Kidderminster - so quite obviously not some Everton fans on a trolling exercise).

So it seems some Liverpool fans having a coach booking mix up has taken on a life of its own on the internet, with people using fake Companies House screenshots to make it seem real (Companies House is available for anyone on the internet to actually check the true picture).
[Post edited 29 May 2022 18:03]

Good. Much as I dislike Liverpool, that would be a cant's trick.
Li’pool on 21:44 - May 29 with 1570 viewsjoe90

Li’pool on 18:32 - May 29 by Juzzie

I wonder if part (or all) of the problem is we still carry the burden of the ‘English Disease’ from the 80’s so the authorities just go steaming in regardless.

I don’t think the Euro’s showed England fans in the best light…

Funny how all the Madrid fans seemed to get in okay last night.
[Post edited 29 May 2022 21:50]
Li’pool on 00:50 - May 30 with 1438 viewsDannyPaddox

Some real ignorant keyboard-warrior ignorant based-ignorance on this thread about what went down in Paris.
[Post edited 30 May 2022 16:45]
Li’pool on 01:22 - May 30 with 1385 viewsSydneyRs

The way it was handled at the ground sounds terrible. Apparently lots of local youth trying to force their way in (if you've been to certain parts of Paris there is no shortage of undesirables) and Liverpool fans being funnelled through a narrow passageway caused by police vans being parked across what was already not a big space.

There's a clip doing the rounds on twitter of fans coming through the gates, some obviously angry and remonstrating with police, a couple in tears. A guy at the front is doing nothing more than quietly scanning his ticket and a cop just walks up and sprays his face with what I assume was pepper spray, completely unprovoked. This sort of stuff will come as little surprise to anyone who has travelled much watching football and of course the fans get the blame. Bear in mind too that those who actually managed to get tickets given the limited allocations are unlikely to be your hoolie types.

I have little time for Liverpool and their cheesy greatest atmosphere in the world myth, but blaming them for what went on is exactly what led to something like Hillsborough happening. Organisers need to be held to account. At the Europa League final apparently Rangers fans were stuck in an open air stadium for 3 to 4 hours in hot weather with no water available to buy. Again another club I have no time for but that is disgraceful and dangerous.

Its actually shocked me in this day and age of modern stadia that these 1980s style conditions still appear to exist even at big games such as these.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024