Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Local derbies 09:43 - Jul 21 with 1982 views73__73

Which local derbies could/would attract a 100,000 gate if the stadiums had the capacity ?

I think it’s fair to say the South Wales derby certainly wouldn’t

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

0
Local derbies on 19:47 - Jul 23 with 576 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Local derbies on 20:36 - Jul 21 by 1983

Upper Cwmtwrch v Lower Cwmtwrch


Brynmawr v Nantyglo.
0
Local derbies on 19:51 - Jul 23 with 555 viewsKeithHaynes

Local derbies on 19:46 - Jul 23 by blaenaugwentjack

Lots of swansea followers up this way now and Merthyr


I was very surprised when I went to a game two seasons or so back, stopped with a mate in Barry. Went to a pub in the town before we got the train to the game. Pub was quite full with jacks. Well, about twenty. One said he usually got the train from Cardiff if he was working, same story there he reckons around fifty got on there for home games, Newport far more. I wouldnt know as I’ve never seen it but he didn’t sound like a Walter.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Local derbies on 19:52 - Jul 23 with 555 views1983

Local derbies on 18:33 - Jul 23 by Kilkennyjack

Only because we took 36,000 jacks to Cardiff twice in 8 weeks

Black and white everywhere.
Swans songs in every pub.

I think you would have enjoyed it.


TBH I was surprised the lack of cardiff fans out and about during those games
Sleeping Giants I suppose

Stop The Boats !
Poll: Do you support the arrival of illegal immigrants

0
Local derbies on 19:57 - Jul 23 with 549 viewsTogg

Local derbies on 19:46 - Jul 23 by blaenaugwentjack

Lots of swansea followers up this way now and Merthyr


Agree. Always thought Merthyr was Cynon Valley? Or am I wrong
0
Local derbies on 19:59 - Jul 23 with 548 viewsTogg

Local derbies on 19:47 - Jul 23 by onehunglow

At least it made me laugh.

Everton could fill half a ground with Gogs alone.

Liverpool could with their Irish/Danish/Norweigan/Dutch supporters.


Loads of Goggs have always supported Everton.
0
Local derbies on 20:05 - Jul 23 with 536 views1983

The self proclaimed Everton hooligan leader Andy Nicholls is a Gog

Stop The Boats !
Poll: Do you support the arrival of illegal immigrants

0
Local derbies on 20:10 - Jul 23 with 534 viewsTogg

If you think of it Cardiff is a city of nearly 400k.. Also surrounding areas of big population. They did at one time have a biggish West Wales support. But a lot of that was hang over from the late 60's early 70's when we were the pits and they were always looking for promotion from the old Division 2 to 1. Times have changed and our support has now grown. Places like Port Talbot are well and truly White. Bridgend split and our Valley support has grown. Very little in the attendance of or home crowds last year. The catchment areas are open to both clubs but I would say more people in Swansea support their home town club then they do in Cardiff.
0
Local derbies on 20:42 - Jul 23 with 507 viewsKeithHaynes

Local derbies on 20:05 - Jul 23 by 1983

The self proclaimed Everton hooligan leader Andy Nicholls is a Gog


Dead isn’t he ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Login to get fewer ads

Local derbies on 20:57 - Jul 23 with 492 views1983

Local derbies on 20:42 - Jul 23 by KeithHaynes

Dead isn’t he ?


Just looked no still he's going he's 60 now. I listened to him on some podcast a couple of years ago he sounds a right beauty

Stop The Boats !
Poll: Do you support the arrival of illegal immigrants

0
Local derbies on 21:16 - Jul 23 with 483 viewsbennytheblue

Local derbies on 18:33 - Jul 23 by Kilkennyjack

Only because we took 36,000 jacks to Cardiff twice in 8 weeks

Black and white everywhere.
Swans songs in every pub.

I think you would have enjoyed it.


I was at one of them ffs….v Carlisle was it? It really wasn’t that lively, Sunday lunchtime was it?
0
Local derbies on 21:20 - Jul 23 with 481 viewsbennytheblue

Local derbies on 19:02 - Jul 23 by Togg

If it wasn't for their support from Rhondda, Gwent Valley and a few surrounding areas they would well and truly be Donald Ducked. They admit themselves the support from their own City is feeble!


Yep for a city of almost 400,000 now, less than 10,000 follow us regularly. I’m not surprised though, the club’s PR for the as long as I can recall is terrible, I’m not sure if they could do much more to put people off. A fine job they’ve done on many people I know who wouldn’t even consider it something to do anymore……
0
Local derbies on 21:56 - Jul 23 with 460 viewsKilkennyjack

Local derbies on 21:16 - Jul 23 by bennytheblue

I was at one of them ffs….v Carlisle was it? It really wasn’t that lively, Sunday lunchtime was it?


Never saw any Cardiff fans all day.
Thats fair enough with 36,000 jacks in town.

Very lively all pre match and then the Swans picked up the trophy as well.
You would have remembered if you were there.
Pubs full plus some outside bars doing great trade.

You can still complain about Trunds and Tate with that dragon flag if you like ….

Beware of the Risen People

0
Local derbies on 22:28 - Jul 23 with 440 viewsbennytheblue

Local derbies on 21:56 - Jul 23 by Kilkennyjack

Never saw any Cardiff fans all day.
Thats fair enough with 36,000 jacks in town.

Very lively all pre match and then the Swans picked up the trophy as well.
You would have remembered if you were there.
Pubs full plus some outside bars doing great trade.

You can still complain about Trunds and Tate with that dragon flag if you like ….


Walked right through town that day, you lot were to the south of the centre?
0
Local derbies on 22:33 - Jul 23 with 431 viewsKeithHaynes

Local derbies on 20:57 - Jul 23 by 1983

Just looked no still he's going he's 60 now. I listened to him on some podcast a couple of years ago he sounds a right beauty


Maybe the Utd lad I’m on about.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026